Online Master of Business Administration with a Project Management Concentration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Make a Positive Impact on Your Company
From business to construction to healthcare and beyond, every industry can benefit from skilled project managers. The LSUS MBA with a Project Management concentration enhances your ability to manage complex projects' unique objectives, timelines, and coordination.
With an emphasis on process improvement, this project management-focused MBA will help you integrate leadership and team development skills to support the success of cross-functional business projects. In addition, coursework helps fulfill the educational requirements for earning your Project Management Professional (PMP) and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certifications.
Prepare for Certification Exams
Focused project management courses help students on the way to becoming PMPs or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Available
A GMAT/GRE waiver is available for qualified applicants.
Finish in as Few as 10 Months
Designed to be flexible and convenient for working professionals.
$12,474 Total Program Tuition
The LSUS MBA program offers premium education at an affordable cost.
"The jobs and workplace of tomorrow are going to be so dramatically different. One of the advantages here at LSUS is that we have woven, through the fabric of our university, the idea of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking, the ability to pivot and adapt, and the ability to quickly recognize and evaluate opportunities."
Explore This Program
Cost Online MBA Project Management
The MBA online program offers the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition to all U.S. residents. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $416
Total cost with fees: $12,473.90*
*Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online MBA Project Management
The online MBA in Project Management consists of 30 credit hours, including seven core courses (21 credit hours) and the completion of a concentration or specialization.
Students pursuing an MBA—Project Management Concentration must take three concentration courses (9 credit hours).
Students pursuing an MBA—Project Management Specialization must take two specialization courses (6 credit hours) and one MBA elective of choice (3 credit hours).
All students pursuing a Master of Business Administration with a Project Management Concentration or Specialization must complete the core courses. These courses will prepare students with a solid foundation in managerial accounting and finance while also helping them develop the skills to lead and strategize in organizations.
|Core Courses (21 hours)||Credit Hours|
|MBA 700: Managerial Use of Accounting Data||3|
|MBA 701: Economic Analysis for Management||3|
|MBA 702: Financial Management||3|
|MBA 703: Management Information Systems||3|
|MBA 704: Organizational Behavior||3|
|MBA 705: Organizational Strategy and Policies||3|
|MBA 706: Marketing Strategy||3|
Concentration and Specialization Courses
Students pursuing an MBA—Project Management Concentration must take three of the following courses.
Students pursuing an MBA—Project Management Specialization must take two of the following courses and one MBA elective of choice.
|Concentration (9 hours) and Specialization (6 hours) Courses||Credit Hours|
|MBA 742: Project Management*||3|
|MBA 743: Process Improvement||3|
|MBA 744: Visualization of Data for Business||3|
|MBA 745: Lean Transformation||3|
|MBA 746: Operations Management||3|
* = required course for either concentration or specialization
Electives enable students to further develop their degree path to fit their goals. Students pursuing an MBA—Project Management Specialization must take one MBA elective of choice.
Optional Foundation Courses
Enrollment in Foundation courses is determined by the student and should be based on the student’s undergraduate degree, job experience, and related skills set. Students may choose to take any of the four optional one-credit foundation courses as each course is offered independently. The four optional foundation courses do not count towards fulfilling MBA requirements. The foundation courses are
• MBA 500 Fundamentals of Accounting
• MBA 501 Fundamentals of Economics
• MBA 502 Fundamentals of Finance
• MBA 503 Fundamentals of Statistics
Admission Requirements Online MBA Project Management
Students interested in the MBA – Project Management online program must first follow the admission requirements below to be accepted into LSUS Graduate School.
- Submit the graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 3.0 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND at least three years of professional work experience as verified by a professional resume,* OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND
- a minimum GMAT score of 450 AND
- a minimum score of 1,000 points based on 200 points times the GPA plus the GMAT score (for example, an overall 2.5 GPA and a 500 GMAT would result in a total of 1,000, which is acceptable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. The LSUS Admissions Committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience.
**Please use ETS institution code 6355 when submitting GMAT scores to LSUS.
Career Opportunities Online MBA Project Management
- Project Analyst
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
- Project Risk Manager
- Project Scheduler
- Project Procurement Manager
Accreditation Online MBA Project Management
The College of Business at Louisiana State University Shreveport is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5 percent of all business schools worldwide meet AACSB International's demanding standards.
What Will I Learn? Online MBA Project Management
Students who graduate with a project management degree will be well-prepared for project management and analyst roles in almost any field. Our focused coursework also can enable you to earn your PMP and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certifications.
In this degree program, you will:
- Explore systematic process improvement methods commonly used to improve the overall performance of a company
- Learn about the domains, tasks, skills, and knowledge associated with successful project management
- Prepare to become a certified project manager
- Complete discussion of the Six Sigma “Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control” (DMAIC) process including the statistical and process mapping tools
Why Choose This Program? Online MBA Project Management
Every industry can benefit from skilled project managers, so earning an MBA in Project Management will give you a variety of career options. Our degree program lays a general foundation for you to succeed in IT, marketing, government, and more.
The online MBA program from LSUS was also ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com in 2021. Our rigorous and comprehensive course work offers students valuable hands-on experience and the tools for earning two certifications in the field.
Related Programs Online MBA Project Management
- Online MBA: Accounting
- Online MBA: Data Analytics
- Online MBA: Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise
- Online MBA: Finance
- Online MBA: General Business
- Online MBA: Hospitality and Casino Management
- Online MBA: Human Resources
- Online MBA: International Business
- Online MBA: Marketing