Online Master of Business Administration General Business
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Learn to Lead with Purpose
Whatever your career goals, the online MBA from LSU Shreveport can guide you to them. Current business professionals and those seeking a more fulfilling career in a new profession will benefit from the valuable management insights provided in this degree program offered by LSUS College of Business. Throughout the courses, you will develop a comprehensive understanding of organizational strategy, leadership and management, and how to apply those tools in various business settings.
Ranked #1 in the Nation
LSUS online MBA was ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com, 2021.
Finish in as Few as 10 Months
Designed to be flexible and convenient for working professionals, features accelerated course work and multiple start dates per year.
$12,474 Total Program Tuition
The LSUS MBA program offers premium education at an affordable cost.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Available
A GMAT/GRE waiver is available for qualified applicants.
The jobs and workplace of tomorrow are going to be so dramatically different. One of the advantages here at LSUS is that we have woven, through the fabric of our university, the idea of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking, the ability to pivot and adapt, and the ability to quickly recognize and evaluate opportunities.
See What Makes This Program Special
LSUS MBA Testimonial
LSUS MBA Student and Faculty Interaction
Explore This Program
Cost Online MBA General Business
The MBA online program offers the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition to all U.S. residents. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $416
Total cost with fees: $12,473.90*
*Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online MBA General Business
The online MBA in General Business consists of 30 credit hours, including seven core courses (21 credit hours) and three electives (nine credit hours).
All students pursuing a Master of Business Administration must complete the core courses. These courses will prepare students with a solid foundation in managerial accounting and finance while also helping them develop the skills to lead and strategize in organizations.
|Core Courses (21 hours)||Credit Hours|
|MBA 700: Managerial Use of Accounting Data||3|
|MBA 701: Economic Analysis for Management||3|
|MBA 702: Financial Management||3|
|MBA 703: Management Information Systems||3|
|MBA 704: Organizational Behavior||3|
|MBA 705: Organizational Strategy and Policies||3|
|MBA 706: Marketing Strategy||3|
Electives enable students to further develop their degree path to fit their goals. All students pursuing a Master of Business Administration in General Business must complete three elective courses.
|Elective Courses (9 hours)||Credit Hours|
|MBA 710: Fraud Detection through Data Analytics||3|
|MBA 711: International Accounting||3|
|MBA 712: Taxation for Individuals and Businesses||3|
|MBA 713: Intermediate Financial Accounting||3|
|MBA 714: Cost Accounting||3|
|MBA 715: Auditing for Accounting||3|
|MBA 716: Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting||3|
|MBA 725: Contemporary Investments||3|
|MBA 726: Contemporary Issues in Finance||3|
|MBA 727: Financial Markets and Institutions||3|
|MBA 728: Financial Analytics||3|
|MBA 740: Quantitative Methods in Business||3|
|MBA 741: Data-Driven Decision Making||3|
|MBA 742: Project Management||3|
|MBA 743: Process Improvement||3|
|MBA 744: Visualization of Data for Business||3|
|MBA 745: Lean Transformation||3|
|MBA 746: Operations Management||3|
|MBA 755: Strategic Management of Human Capital||3|
|MBA 756: Labor and Employment Law||3|
|MBA 757: Leadership Communication||3|
|MBA 758: Casino and Resort Management||3|
|MBA 759: International Business||3|
|MBA 760: International Experience||3|
|MBA 761: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Creativity||3|
|MBA 762: Small Business and Family Enterprise||3|
|MBA 775: Hospitality and Casino Marketing||3|
|MBA 776: International Marketing||3|
|MBA 777: Advanced Marketing Analytics||3|
|MBA 778: Hospitality Analytics||3|
|MBA 790: Topics Course||3|
Optional Foundation Courses
Enrollment in Foundation courses is determined by the student and should be based on the student’s undergraduate degree, job experience, and related skills set. Students may choose to take any of the four optional one-credit foundation courses as each course is offered independently. The four optional foundation courses do not count towards fulfilling MBA requirements. The foundation courses are
• MBA 500 Fundamentals of Accounting
• MBA 501 Fundamentals of Economics
• MBA 502 Fundamentals of Finance
• MBA 503 Fundamentals of Statistics
Admission Requirements Online MBA General Business
Students interested in the MBA – General Business online program must first follow the admission requirements below to be accepted into LSUS Graduate School.
- Submit the graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 3.0 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND at least three years of professional work experience as verified by a professional resume,* OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND
- a minimum GMAT score of 450 ** AND
- a minimum score of 1,000 points based on 200 points times the GPA plus the GMAT score (for example, an overall 2.5 GPA and a 500 GMAT would result in a total of 1,000, which is acceptable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to email@example.com.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. The LSUS Admissions Committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience.
**Please use ETS institution code 6355 when submitting GMAT scores to LSUS.
Career Opportunities Online MBA General Business
- Marketing Manager
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Management Consultant
- Financial Manager
- Business Operations Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Investment Banker
- Information Technology Manager
- HR Manager
Accreditation Online MBA General Business
The College of Business at Louisiana State University Shreveport is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5 percent of all business schools worldwide meet AACSB International's demanding standards.
What Will I Learn? Online MBA General Business
The courses in our MBA in General Business program cover a range of topics, from management to marketing, to prepare students for diverse careers in the field.
In this degree program, you will:
- Build leadership abilities across business disciplines—including finance, operations, marketing, and communications
- Gain the fundamental business knowledge to rise to management and executive leadership positions
- Learn principles and strategies for organizational and change management
- Develop effective communication and employee motivation techniques
- Understand financial analysis techniques for sound managerial decision-making
- Study the application of quantitative methods and management science
- Learn profitable marketing management concepts and strategies
Why Choose This Program? Online MBA General Business
An MBA program is an investment with the potential for a high return. When the program is online, costs tend to be lower, and that increases your chances of a profitable return on investment. The MBA -- General Business degree from LSUS is 100% online, and we offer standard tuition to all students, in-state and out-of-state.
Our program is also accredited by AACSB International. You can rest assured that the education you receive is high-quality, provided by a respected and established university.