Online Master of Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise Concentration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
The MBA for Business Builders
The online MBA in Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise is offered through LSU Shreveport. This program teaches students the knowledge, skills, and capabilities needed to recognize and shape market opportunities, assess financial feasibility, acquire and bundle essential resources, build a professional support team, design effective business models, and successfully launch a new venture. Students will also learn to develop and maintain lasting customer relationships and manage growth. This MBA prepares graduates for advanced roles in various industries, including; Business Owner/CEO, Franchise Owner, Business Development Manager, Director of Innovation, or Operations Manager.
Ranked #1 in the Nation
LSUS online MBA was ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com, 2021.
$12,474 Total Program Tuition
The LSUS MBA program offers premium education at an affordable cost.
Finish in as Few as 10 Months
Designed to be flexible and convenient for working professionals, features accelerated course work and multiple start dates per year.
All students receive dedicated coach support from application to graduation.
The jobs and workplace of tomorrow are going to be so dramatically different. One of the advantages here at LSUS is that we have woven, through the fabric of our university, the idea of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking, the ability to pivot and adapt, and the ability to quickly recognize and evaluate opportunities.
See What Makes This Program Special
LSUS MBA Testimonial
Explore This Program
Cost Online MBA Entrepreneurship
The MBA online program offers the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition to all U.S. residents. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $416
Total cost with fees: $12,473.90*
*Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online MBA Entrepreneurship
The online MBA in Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise consists of 30 credit hours, including seven core courses (21 credit hours) and the completion of a concentration or specialization.
Students pursuing an MBA—Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise Concentration must take three concentration courses (9 credit hours).
Students pursuing an MBA—Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise Specialization must take two specialization courses (6 credit hours) and one MBA elective of choice (3 credit hours).
All students pursuing a Master of Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise Concentration, or Specialization must complete the core courses. These courses will prepare students with a solid foundation in managerial accounting and finance while also helping them develop the skills to lead and strategize in organizations.
|Core Courses (21 hours)||Credit Hours|
|MBA 700: Managerial Use of Accounting Data||3|
|MBA 701: Economic Analysis for Management||3|
|MBA 702: Financial Management||3|
|MBA 703: Management Information Systems||3|
|MBA 704: Organizational Behavior||3|
|MBA 705: Organizational Strategy and Policies||3|
|MBA 706: Marketing Strategy||3|
Concentration and Specialization Courses
In addition to the core courses, students pursuing an MBA – Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise Concentration must take MBA 761 and MBA 762, and may choose between MBA 756 and MBA 760 for their third course.
Students pursuing an MBA—Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise Specialization must take MBA 761 and MBA 762 and one MBA elective of choice.
|Concentration (9 hours) and Specialization (6 hours) Courses||Credit Hours|
|MBA 761: Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity*||3|
|MBA 762: Small Business and Family Enterprise*||3|
|MBA 756: Labor and Employment Law||3|
|MBA 760: International Experience||3|
*=required course for either the concentration or specialization
Electives enable students to further develop their degree path to fit their goals. Students pursuing an MBA—Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise Specialization must take one MBA elective of choice.
Optional Foundation Courses
Enrollment in Foundation courses is determined by the student and should be based on the student’s undergraduate degree, job experience, and related skills set. Students may choose to take any of the four optional one-credit foundation courses as each course is offered independently. The four optional foundation courses do not count towards fulfilling MBA requirements. The foundation courses are
• MBA 500 Fundamentals of Accounting
• MBA 501 Fundamentals of Economics
• MBA 502 Fundamentals of Finance
• MBA 503 Fundamentals of Statistics
Admission Requirements Online MBA Entrepreneurship
Students interested in the online MBA Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise program must first follow the admission requirements below to be accepted into LSUS Graduate School.
- Submit the graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 3.0 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND at least three years of professional work experience as verified by a professional resume,* OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND
- a minimum GMAT score of 450** AND
- a minimum score of 1,000 points based on 200 points times the GPA plus the GMAT score (for example, an overall 2.5 GPA and a 500 GMAT would result in a total of 1,000, which is acceptable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to email@example.com.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. The LSUS Admissions Committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience.
**Please use ETS institution code 6355 when submitting GMAT scores to LSUS.
Career Opportunities Online MBA Entrepreneurship
- Business Owner/CEO
- Business Development Manager
- Marketing Manager/Director
- Sales Manager/Director
- Director of Innovation
- Operations Manager
- Franchise Owner
Accreditation Online MBA Entrepreneurship
The College of Business at Louisiana State University Shreveport is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5 percent of all business schools worldwide meet AACSB International's demanding standards.
What Will I Learn? Online MBA Entrepreneurship
An MBA in Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise equips you with the skills and expertise you’ll need to qualify for a number of active roles. Whether you’re launching a new venture or seeking innovative ways to grow your company, you’ll be prepared to do it all with this program.
In this dynamic program, you will:
- Gain the skills to successfully launch a new venture, including assessing financial feasibility, designing an effective business model and acquiring the necessary resources and support
- Learn to strategically build and maintain lasting customer relationships and manage business growth
- Examine the policies and implications of modern employment law
- Develop a deeper understanding of international business and the issues confronting small, medium, and multinational enterprises via an optional two-week study abroad opportunity
Why Choose This Program? Online MBA Entrepreneurship
An MBA can open numerous doors in your professional career. Earning your MBA from an accredited, top-ranking university like LSUS College of Business can open even more. Our convenient and unique design makes us a top-tier option for those looking to gain a high-quality education with the convenience of not being on campus.
LSUS promotes the idea of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking. We are committed to teaching students to be able to pivot and adapt within the ever-changing marketplace. This makes our graduates well-prepared to build and grow a business of any size, within any industry.