Online Master of Business Administration with a Human Resource Management Concentration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Effectively Build and Maintain Valuable Relationships
Human resource management is one of the most critical aspects of employee development and effectiveness at all organizational levels. HR professionals will find themselves consulting on employee issues, helping organizations achieve their goals, and building interrelationships vital to an organization’s overall success. The MBA with Human Resource Management concentration offered through LSU Shreveport focuses on providing students with practical tools to create, develop, mediate, and maintain those interrelationships. The program also coaches students on how to become competent consultants and business managers.
$12,474 Total Program Tuition
The LSUS MBA program offers premium education at an affordable cost.
Ranked #1 in the Nation
LSUS online MBA was ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com, 2021.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Available
A GMAT/GRE waiver is available for qualified applicants.
Finish in as Few as 10 Months
Designed to be flexible and convenient for working professionals.
And because I never take learning for granted, I understand that learning is a serious enterprise for you, as it is for me. What I offer you in the classroom will be something that will be beneficial to you, will be something that you will be able to use on the job.
Explore This Program
Cost Online MBA Human Resources
The MBA online program offers the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition to all U.S. residents. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $416
Total cost with fees: $12,473.90*
*Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online MBA Human Resources
The online MBA in Human Resource Management consists of 30 credit hours, including seven core courses (21 credit hours) and the completion of a concentration or specialization.
Students pursuing an MBA—Human Resource Management Concentration must take three concentration courses (9 credit hours).
Students pursuing an MBA—Human Resource Management Specialization must take two specialization courses (6 credit hours) and one MBA elective of choice (3 credit hours).
All students pursuing a Master of Business Administration with a Human Resource Management Concentration or Specialization must complete the core courses. These courses will prepare students with a solid foundation in managerial accounting and finance while also helping them develop the skills to lead and strategize in organizations.
|Core Courses (21 hours)||Credit Hours|
|MBA 700: Managerial Use of Accounting Data||3|
|MBA 701: Economic Analysis for Management||3|
|MBA 702: Financial Management||3|
|MBA 703: Management Information Systems||3|
|MBA 704: Organizational Behavior||3|
|MBA 705: Organizational Strategy and Policies||3|
|MBA 706: Marketing Strategy||3|
Concentration and Specialization Courses
Students pursuing an MBA—Human Resource Management Concentration must take all three of the following courses.
Students pursuing an MBA—Human Resource Management Specialization must take MBA 755 and MBA 756 and one MBA elective of choice.
|Concentration (9 hours) and Specialization (6 hours) Courses||Credit Hours|
|MBA 755: Strategic Management of Human Capital*||3|
|MBA 756: Labor and Employment Law*||3|
|MBA 757: Leadership Communication||3|
* = required course for either concentration or specialization
Electives enable students to further develop their degree path to fit their goals. Students pursuing an MBA—Human Resource Management Specialization must take one MBA elective of choice.
Optional Foundation Courses
Enrollment in Foundation courses is determined by the student and should be based on the student’s undergraduate degree, job experience, and related skills set. Students may choose to take any of the four optional one-credit foundation courses as each course is offered independently. The four optional foundation courses do not count towards fulfilling MBA requirements. The foundation courses are
• MBA 500 Fundamentals of Accounting
• MBA 501 Fundamentals of Economics
• MBA 502 Fundamentals of Finance
• MBA 503 Fundamentals of Statistics
Admission Requirements Online MBA Human Resources
Students interested in the MBA – Human Resources online program must first follow the admission requirements below to be accepted into LSUS Graduate School.
- Submit the graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 3.0 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND at least three years of professional work experience as verified by a professional resume,* OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND
- a minimum GMAT score of 450** AND
- a minimum score of 1,000 points based on 200 points times the GPA plus the GMAT score (for example, an overall 2.5 GPA and a 500 GMAT would result in a total of 1,000, which is acceptable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. The LSUS Admissions Committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience.
**Please use ETS institution code 6355 when submitting GMAT scores to LSUS.
Career Opportunities Online MBA Human Resources
- Human Resources Manager
- Employee Relations Manager
- Compensation or Benefit Analyst/Manager
- HR Information Systems Manager
- Training And Development Manager
- Labor Relations Manager
Accreditation Online MBA Human Resources
The College of Business at Louisiana State University Shreveport is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5 percent of all business schools worldwide meet AACSB International's demanding standards.
What Will I Learn? Online MBA Human Resources
The MBA in Human Resources allows you to gain an understanding of HR management so you can contribute to an organization’s success. Graduates will be well-versed in a variety of management tools and strategies.
Our program provides the framework for you to:
- Learn the skills to attract, retain, and motivate the right people at your company, thereby positively impacting the company's bottom line
- Understand how effective management of human assets can benefit your organization by covering topics like talent management, employment law, and succession planning
- Learn principles and strategies for organizational and change management
Why Choose This Program? Online MBA Human Resources
The MBA in Human Resources builds the foundation for the planning, development, and problem-solving skills you need to lead in HR. Whether you want to oversee an entire department or focus on recruiting and development, training, or employee compensation, our program can bring you closer to your goals.
As an affordable, flexible, and high-quality option, our online MBA program is unmatched in the educational landscape. LSUS’s online MBA was even ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com in 2021. This degree program is both flexible and rigorous, so you can have confidence that you are receiving a valuable education in a way that works for you.