Online Master of Business Administration with a Marketing Concentration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Cultivate Your Marketing Expertise
The MBA with a Marketing Concentration offered through LSU Shreveport provides well-rounded business education with coursework in operations, finance, organizational strategy and product, services, and international marketing for students passionate about understanding consumer behavior and purchasing dynamics. Learn to analyze and apply quantitative marketing data for strategic decision-making. In addition, students will study international and domestic influences and tactics of effective marketing practices.
Finish in as Few as 10 Months
Designed to be flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Ranked #1 in the Nation
LSUS online MBA was ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com, 2021.
$12,474 Total Program Tuition
The LSUS MBA program offers premium education at an affordable cost.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Available
A GMAT/GRE waiver is available for qualified applicants.
I bring a lot of international perspective in the classroom, in terms of marketing. I'm always looking at international trends, marketing acquisitions, company acquisitions with the market, and discussing them with the class.
Explore This Program
Cost Online MBA Marketing
The MBA online program offers the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition to all U.S. residents. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $416
Total cost with fees: $12,473.90*
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online MBA Marketing
The online MBA in Marketing consists of 30 credit hours, including seven core courses (21 credit hours) and the completion of a concentration or specialization.
Students pursuing an MBA—Marketing Concentration must take three concentration courses (9 credit hours).
Students pursuing an MBA—Marketing Specialization must take two specialization courses (6 credit hours) and one MBA elective of choice (3 credit hours).
All students pursuing a Master of Business Administration with a Marketing Concentration or Specialization must complete the core courses. These courses will prepare students with a solid foundation in managerial accounting and finance while also helping them develop the skills to lead and strategize in organizations.
|Core Courses (21 hours)||Credit Hours|
|MBA 700: Managerial Use of Accounting Data||3|
|MBA 701: Economic Analysis for Management||3|
|MBA 702: Financial Management||3|
|MBA 703: Management Information Systems||3|
|MBA 704: Organizational Behavior||3|
|MBA 705: Organizational Strategy and Policies||3|
|MBA 706: Marketing Strategy||3|
Concentration and Specialization Courses
Students pursuing an MBA—Marketing Concentration must take three of the following courses.
Students pursuing an MBA—Marketing Specialization must take two of the following courses and one MBA elective of choice.
|Concentration (9 hours) and Specialization (6 hours) Courses||Credit Hours|
|MBA 741: Data-Driven Decision Making||3|
|MBA 744: Visualization of Data for Business||3|
|MBA 775: Hospitality and Casino Marketing||3|
|MBA 776: International Marketing||3|
|MBA 777: Advanced Marketing Analytics||3|
Electives enable students to further develop their degree path to fit their goals. Students pursuing an MBA—Marketing Specialization must take one MBA elective of choice.
Optional Foundation Courses
Enrollment in Foundation courses is determined by the student and should be based on the student’s undergraduate degree, job experience, and related skills set. Students may choose to take any of the four optional one-credit foundation courses as each course is offered independently. The four optional foundation courses do not count towards fulfilling MBA requirements. The foundation courses are
• MBA 500 Fundamentals of Accounting
• MBA 501 Fundamentals of Economics
• MBA 502 Fundamentals of Finance
• MBA 503 Fundamentals of Statistics
Admission Requirements Online MBA Marketing
Students interested in the MBA – Marketing online program must first follow the admission requirements below to be accepted into LSUS Graduate School.
- Submit the graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 3.0 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND at least three years of professional work experience as verified by a professional resume,* OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND
- a minimum GMAT score of 450** AND
- a minimum score of 1,000 points based on 200 points times the GPA plus the GMAT score (for example, an overall 2.5 GPA and a 500 GMAT would result in a total of 1,000, which is acceptable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. The LSUS Admissions Committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience.
**Please use ETS institution code 6355 when submitting GMAT scores to LSUS.
Career Opportunities Online MBA Marketing
- Product Manager
- Director of Marketing
- Marketing Analyst
- Media Planner
- Brand Manager
Accreditation Online MBA Marketing
The College of Business at Louisiana State University Shreveport is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5 percent of all business schools worldwide meet AACSB International's demanding standards.
What Will I Learn? Online MBA Marketing
An MBA – Marketing Concentration or Specialization prepares you for an active role in advertising and marketing planning, execution, and analysis across a wide variety of business-to-business and business-to-consumer environments. Students will receive a comprehensive business education focused on a range of relevant topics.
The MBA in Marketing provides the framework to:
- Learn conceptual and technical foundation in business analytics, research methods, and marketing metrics; includes hands-on application of concepts to real-world scenarios
- Explore international, global, and regional theories of marketing outside the home country market
- Understand how cultural influences and environmental conditions impact marketing tactics and strategies
- Study consumer behavior in a variety of complex settings
Why Choose This Program? Online MBA Marketing
When you decide to trust LSUS for your educational needs, you will receive all of the resources within the LSU family of institutions across Louisiana. Our AACSB accredited program is rated as one of the best in the country due to the unmatched flexibility, convenience, and affordability that it offers students. Our faculty also teaches the same rigorous material as more expensive universities. Ultimately, you can be confident that you are getting a high-quality education and LSUS community experience at every touchpoint.
Related Programs Online MBA Marketing
Compare Online MBAs
The LSU family of institutions offers several Online MBA degree choices. Find your path among focus areas like accounting, project management, and finance. View more information here: Online MBAs