Online Master of Business Administration with a Data Analytics Concentration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Make Informed Business Decisions in a Data-Driven World
Gain the practical skills and knowledge needed to collect, analyze, and manipulate data in the real world from this versatile online MBA program. The Master of Business Administration in Data Analytics offered through LSU Shreveport is ideal for those seeking to hone their abilities in the quantitative side of business and those with marketing backgrounds looking to increase their technical understanding. This degree program will empower students to examine and strategically apply data to make informed business decisions to increase revenue and streamline or improve operations.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Available
A GMAT/GRE waiver is available for qualified applicants.
Ranked #1 in the Nation
LSUS online MBA was ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com, 2021.
$12,474 Total Program Tuition
The LSUS MBA program offers premium education at an affordable cost.
Finish in as Few as 10 Months
Designed to be flexible and convenient for working professionals, features accelerated course work and multiple start dates per year.
"The jobs and workplace of tomorrow are going to be so dramatically different. One of the advantages here at LSUS is that we have woven, through the fabric of our university, the idea of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking, the ability to pivot and adapt, and the ability to quickly recognize and evaluate opportunities."
Explore This Program
Cost Online MBA in Data Analytics
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $416
Total cost with fees: $12,474
The MBA online program offers the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition to all U.S. residents. All fees are included in the total tuition.
The total cost above does not include transfer credit or financial aid. Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online MBA in Data Analytics
The online MBA in Data Analytics consists of 30 credit hours, including seven core courses (21 credit hours) and the completion of a concentration or specialization.
Students pursuing an MBA—Data Analytics Concentration must take three concentration courses (9 credit hours).
Students pursuing an MBA—Data Analytics Specialization must take two specialization courses (6 credit hours) and one MBA elective of choice (3 credit hours).
All students pursuing a Master of Business Administration with a Data Analytics Concentration or Specialization must complete the core courses. These courses will prepare students with a solid foundation in managerial accounting and finance while also helping them develop the skills to lead and strategize in organizations.
|Core Courses (21 hours)||Credit Hours|
|MBA 700: Managerial Use of Accounting Data||3|
|MBA 701: Economic Analysis for Management||3|
|MBA 702: Financial Management||3|
|MBA 703: Management Information Systems||3|
|MBA 704: Organizational Behavior||3|
|MBA 705: Organizational Strategy and Policies||3|
|MBA 706: Marketing Strategy||3|
Concentration & Specialization Courses
Students pursuing an MBA—Data Analytics Concentration must take three of the following courses.
Students pursuing an MBA—Data Analytics Specialization must take two of the following courses and one MBA elective of choice.
|Concentration (9 hours) and Specialization (6 hours) Courses||Credit Hours|
|MBA 728: Financial Analytics||3|
|MBA 740: Quantitative Methods in Business||3|
|MBA 741: Data- Driven Decision Making||3|
|MBA 744: Visualization of Data for Business||3|
|MBA 777: Advanced Marketing Analytics||3|
|MBA 778: Hospitality Analytics||3|
Electives enable students to further develop their degree path to fit their goals. Students pursuing an MBA—Data Analytics Specialization must take one MBA elective of choice.
Optional Foundation Courses
Enrollment in Foundation courses is determined by the student and should be based on the student’s undergraduate degree, job experience, and related skills set. Students may choose to take any of the four optional one-credit foundation courses as each course is offered independently. The four optional foundation courses do not count towards fulfilling MBA requirements. The foundation courses are
• MBA 500 Fundamentals of Accounting
• MBA 501 Fundamentals of Economics
• MBA 502 Fundamentals of Finance
• MBA 503 Fundamentals of Statistics
Admission Requirements Online MBA in Data Analytics
Students interested in the MBA – Data Analytics online program must first follow the admission requirements below to be accepted into LSUS Graduate School.
- Submit the graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 3.0 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND at least three years of professional work experience as verified by a professional resume,** OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND
- a minimum GMAT score of 450 AND
- a minimum score of 1,000 points based on 200 points times the GPA plus the GMAT score (for example, an overall 2.5 GPA and a 500 GMAT would result in a total of 1,000, which is acceptable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to email@example.com.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. The LSUS Admissions Committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience.
Career Opportunities Online MBA in Data Analytics
- Brand and Product Management
- Healthcare Analytics
- Product Analytics
- Pricing Analytics
- Online Marketing Analytics
- Strategic Planning
- Risk Management
- Public Finance
- Business and Management
- Marketing Research
Accreditation Online MBA in Data Analytics
The College of Business at Louisiana State University Shreveport is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5 percent of all business schools worldwide meet AACSB International's demanding standards.
What Will I Learn? Online MBA in Data Analytics
Students who graduate with an online degree in Data Analytics will gain practical tools to uncover and address insights from large data sets.
The program includes a survey of high-concept topics, including:
- Conceptual and technical foundation in business analytics, research methods, and marketing metrics
- A hands-on simulation where students may be asked to use data to predict market demand, set channel price, make formulation decisions, and determine promotional spending strategy
- Quantitative methods used for business decision-making and predictive analysis
- The opportunity to study analytics in a variety of complex settings
Why Choose This Program? Online MBA in Data Analytics
Our program allows students the opportunity to learn from faculty who are experienced thought-leaders in their field. Graduates of this online degree program will gain the expertise to collect, analyze, and manage data throughout various sectors.
The online MBA program from LSUS was also ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com in 2021. The design of our curriculum provides a convenience that allows you to earn your degree on your own time while knowing you’re receiving a quality education.