Online Master of Business Administration with a Finance Concentration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Advance Your Career With In-Demand Skills
Gain a thorough understanding of financial management with an MBA in Finance offered through the LSUS College of Business. This program will provide a deeper level of quantitative and critical-thinking skills, ultimately positioning graduates as stronger candidates in the job market. Students also increase their knowledge of financial market conditions and behaviors, better preparing them for other business areas. Graduates often find themselves in careers in various settings, including Fortune 500 companies, commercial banks, and venture capital firms.
$12,474 Total Program Tuition
The LSUS MBA program offers premium education at an affordable cost.
Finish in as Few as 10 Months
Designed to be flexible and convenient for working professionals, features accelerated coursework and multiple start dates per year.
Ranked #1 in the Nation
LSUS online MBA was ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com, 2021.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Available
A GMAT/GRE waiver is available for qualified applicants.
"I wanted to advance, which I am doing now. But the competition here is tough. Obviously, getting the MBA will make me stand out more against others who are also in search of advancing within the organization."
Cedric Crossley, Jr.
MBA in Finance
See What Makes This Program Special
LSUS MBA Faculty
Explore This Program
Cost Online MBA Finance
The MBA online program offers the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition to all U.S. residents. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $416
Total cost with fees: $12,473.90*
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online MBA Finance
The online MBA in Finance consists of 30 credit hours, including seven core courses (21 credit hours) and the completion of a concentration or specialization.
Students pursuing an MBA—Finance Concentration must take three concentration courses (9 credit hours).
Students pursuing an MBA—Finance Specialization must take two specialization courses (6 credit hours) and one MBA elective of choice (3 credit hours).
All students pursuing a Master of Business Administration with a Finance Concentration or Specialization must complete the core courses. These courses will prepare students with a solid foundation in managerial accounting and finance while also helping them develop the skills to lead and strategize in organizations.
|Core Courses (21 hours)||Credit Hours|
|MBA 700: Managerial Use of Accounting Data||3|
|MBA 701: Economic Analysis for Management||3|
|MBA 702: Financial Management||3|
|MBA 703: Management Information Systems||3|
|MBA 704: Organizational Behavior||3|
|MBA 705: Organizational Strategy and Policies||3|
|MBA 706: Marketing Strategy||3|
Concentration and Specialization Courses
Students pursuing an MBA—Finance Concentration must take three of the following courses.
Students pursuing an MBA—Finance Specialization must take two of the following courses and one MBA elective of choice.
|Concentration (9 hours) and Specialization (6 hours) Courses||Credit Hours|
|MBA 725: Contemporary Investments||3|
|MBA 726: Contemporary Issues in Finance||3|
|MBA 727: Financial Markets and Institutions||3|
|MBA 728: Financial Analytics||3|
Electives enable students to further develop their degree path to fit their goals. Students pursuing an MBA—Finance Specialization must take one MBA elective of choice.
Optional Foundation Courses
Enrollment in Foundation courses is determined by the student and should be based on the student’s undergraduate degree, job experience, and related skills set. Students may choose to take any of the four optional one-credit foundation courses as each course is offered independently. The four optional foundation courses do not count towards fulfilling MBA requirements. The foundation courses are
• MBA 500 Fundamentals of Accounting
• MBA 501 Fundamentals of Economics
• MBA 502 Fundamentals of Finance
• MBA 503 Fundamentals of Statistics
Admission Requirements Online MBA Finance
Students interested in the MBA – Finance online program must first follow the admission requirements below to be accepted into LSUS Graduate School.
- Submit the graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 3.0 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND at least three years of professional work experience as verified by a professional resume,* OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND
- a minimum GMAT score of 450 AND
- a minimum score of 1,000 points based on 200 points times the GPA plus the GMAT score (for example, an overall 2.5 GPA and a 500 GMAT would result in a total of 1,000, which is acceptable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to email@example.com.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. The LSUS Admissions Committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience.
Career Opportunities Online MBA Finance
- Corporate Finance Manager
- Asset Management
- Hedge Fund Investment Manager
- Venture Capitalist
- Private Equity Manager
- Private Banking Manager
- Financial Consultant
Accreditation Online MBA Finance
The College of Business at Louisiana State University Shreveport is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5 percent of all business schools worldwide meet AACSB International's demanding standards.
What Will I Learn? Online MBA Finance
In this MBA program, you have an opportunity to cultivate your knowledge of financial management and analysis. You will also gain an advanced understanding of the dynamic global environment, which can be a major asset to you as you grow in your career.
Students in the online Finance MBA program will:
- Study the changing financial system and the effect on interest rates and firm performance
- Understand the latest developments in the techniques of investing and financial decision-making
- Learn the principles and strategies for organizational and change management
- Study the application of quantitative methods and management science
Why Choose This Program? Online MBA Finance
With so much competition in the workforce, it’s important to make yourself stand out. A Master of Business Administration with a concentration or specialization in Finance is a valuable tool to help you do exactly that. Our affordable online MBA program was ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com in 2021, and the flexible design of our classes makes it easy to commit. You can finish in as few as 10 months with accelerated coursework.
Related Programs Online MBA Finance
Compare Online MBAs
The LSU family of institutions offers several Online MBA degree choices. Find your path among focus areas like accounting, project management, and marketing. View more information here: Online MBAs