Online Bachelor of Science in Marketing with a concentration in Digital Marketing
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
LSU Online’s Bachelor of Science in Marketing with a concentration in Digital Marketing is offered through the E. J. Ourso College of Business. This degree equips students with the skills and knowledge required to succeed in the in-demand progressions of digital and social media marketing.
The concentration focuses on exposure to digital marketing content distribution platforms, such as TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook. Students will learn organizational tools and software, such as Canva, Hubspot, Google Analytics, and other data-centric platforms for the rollout of digital or social media campaigns. Students will also be able to integrate their knowledge of promotions, marketing research, consumer behavior, and statistics to inform marketing strategies, tasks, and decisions.
Earn the only digital marketing degree available from a flagship university.
Flexible formats allow you to join the LSU community from anywhere.
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Earn an LSU degree learning from the same faculty teaching the on-campus courses.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Digital Marketing Degree
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. For the BS in Marketing with a concentration in Digital Marketing program, you are able to transfer up to 75% of previous credits. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your LSU degree.
Total credit hours per program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $399
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $11,970
Total cost with fees: $47,880
LSU Online also offers several ways to help you pay for your degree including credit for prior learning (PLA), financial aid, and veteran education benefits. Learn More.
*For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
The total cost above does not include transfer credit or financial aid. Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online Digital Marketing Degree
The B.S in Marketing with a concentration in Digital Marketing requires the completion of 120 credits distributed as follows:
General Education: 39 credit Hours
- ENGL 1001 English Composition | 3 Credit Hours
- ENGL 2000 English Composition | 3 Credit Hours
- MATH 1021 College Algebra | 3 Credit Hours
- MATH 1431 Calculus with Business and Economic Applications | 3 Credit Hours
- General Education course - Arts | 3 Credit Hours
- General Education course - Humanities | 9 Credit Hours
- General Education course - Natural Sciences | 9 Credit Hours
- ECON 2000 Principles of Microeconomics | 3 Credit Hours
- ECON 2010 Principles of Macroeconomics | 3 Credit Hours
Business Core: 42 Credit Hours
- ISDS 1102 Introduction to Management Information Systems for Business Majors | 3 Credit Hours
- ACCT 2001 Introductory Financial Accounting | 3 Credit Hours
- ACCT 2101 Introductory Managerial Accounting | 3 Credit Hours
- ISDS 2000 Business Statistics and Analytics I | 3 Credit Hours
- ISDS 2001 Business Statistics and Analytics II | 3 Credit Hours
- BLAW 3201 Business Law | 3 Credit Hours
- FIN 3716 Principles of Finance | 3 Credit Hours
- ISDS 3115 Introduction to Operations Management | 3 Credit Hours
- MGT 3200 Principles of Management | 3 Credit Hours
- MKT 3401 Principles of Marketing | 3 Credit Hours
- ECON 2035 Money, Banking and Macroeconomic Activity | 3 Credit Hours
- MGT 3830 Strategic Management | 3 Credit Hours
- Oral and Written Communication Requirement 1 | 3 Credit Hours
- Oral and Written Communication Requirement 2 | 3 Credit Hours
Marketing Core: 9 Credit Hours
- MKT 3411 Consumer Analysis and Behavior | 3 Credit Hours
- MKT 3413 Marketing Research | 3 Credit Hours
- MKT 4451 Marketing Management | 3 Credit Hours
Digital Marketing Concentration: 9 Credit Hours
- MKT 3421 Marketing Communication: Promotion | 3 Credit Hours
- MKT 3501 Marketing Analytics I | 3 Credit Hours
- MKT 4440 Digital Marketing | 3 Credit Hours
Electives: 21 Credit Hours
- MKT Electives | 6 Credit Hours
- Business Elective (3000/4000 level) | 6 Credit Hours
- Electives | 9 Credit Hours
Note below the critical path of progress to be followed:
- At the End of Terms 1 and 2: CRITICAL: “C” or better in ISDS 1102 and ENGL 1001; 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- At the End of Terms 3 and 4: CRITICAL: “C” or better in ECON 2000 and MATH 1431; 2.5 business GPA; 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- At the End of Terms 5 and 6: CRITICAL: “C” or better in ACCT 2001; ECON 2010; 2.5 business GPA; 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- At the End of Terms 7 and 8: CRITICAL: ISDS 2000; ACCT 2101; 2.5 business GPA; 3.0 cumulative GPA; Admission to the College.
- At the End of Terms 9 and 10: CRITICAL: “C” or better in ISDS 2001 and ENGL 2000; 2.5 business and cumulative GPA.
- General Education Natural Science Requirements: If two course sequences are taken in the physical science, the additional three hour course must be taken from the life sciences, and vice versa.
- Business students cannot receive credit for ACCT 2000, ECON 2030, FIN 3715, or ISDS 1100.
- Business Electives: to be selected from the 3000 or 4000 level offerings of the following departments: ACCT, BADM, BLAW, ECON, ENTR, FIN, GBUS, MGT, MKT, and ISDS.
- Electives: See “Electives ” under “Degree Requirements of the College.”
- Marketing Electives: see Marketing advisor for list of Marketing Electives.
Admission Requirements Online Digital Marketing Degree
First Time Freshman
- 3.0 Core GPA on the 19 units of college-preparatory high school courses as outlined in the LSU Core
- LSU is a test-optional institution which means applicants will have the choice to select if they wish to have their ACT or SAT scores considered for admission. Click here to learn more!
Transfer Student General Admission Requirements
- 30* or more transferable (academic, non-remedial) credit hours from a regionally-accredited college or university
- 2.5 academic GPA on all transferable college work attempted
- A grade of “C” or better in a college-level English course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
- A grade of “C” or better in a college-level Math course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
*Students who will not have 30 transferable credit hours by the time they plan to enroll at LSU can still be considered for admission if they meet all remaining transfer requirements.
To see about transfer credits please check out the TIGER TRANSFER TABLES.
Re-Entry Student Admission Requirements
Students interested in applying for re-entry to LSU must have a 2.0 GPA on all LSU coursework and must meet the requirements for their prospective senior college. Students who have attempted 30 or more hours at another institution must also have a 2.5 cumulative GPA on all college work attempted. For your senior college specific requirements please check out the Re-Entry Student Requirements per College.
If you feel like you do not meet any of the above qualifications please reach out to your Enrollment Coach team member as there are different evaluation pathways for non-traditional students to take.
Undergraduate students who are reviewed and admitted by meeting LSU A&M general admissions requirements but do not meet the admittance requirements to a senior college have two admissions options:
Students can start with The University College Center for Freshman Year (UCFY). This academic unit is designed for new freshmen and some transfer and re-entry students. Their mission is to prepare incoming students for success at LSU and to help define their academic and career goals. Students typically exit the UCFY at the conclusion of the freshman year and enter one of the degree-granting senior colleges at LSU.
Students can start with The Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC). This administrative unit serves as the academic home for students who have attempted 30-plus hours of college credit and who do not yet meet the admission requirements for one of the University’s degree-granting senior colleges.
For a list of specific senior college requirements please visit the LSU A&M Undergraduate Admission page.
Career Opportunities Online Digital Marketing Degree
- account executive
- brand manager
- content marketing strategist
- marketing manager
- market research analyst
- media planner
- promotion manager
What Will I Learn? Online Digital Marketing Degree
Students who graduate with an online digital marketing degree will have the knowledge and abilities to inform marketing strategies that make use of the internet and online social platforms.
Topics covered in this degree include:
- Role of information technology in business including the development and use of information systems, hardware and software, the strategic impact of IT for businesses and the nature of the IT career
- Financial accounting with emphasis on knowledge required for completion of the accounting cycle, including income measurement and financial statement preparation
- Principles and methods of accounting primarily concerned with data gathering and presentation for purposes of internal management evaluation and decision-making
- Descriptive analytics; sampling, probabilities and distributions, sampling distributions
- Dynamics of consumer markets; their significance to marketing executives; identification and measurement of market segments; analysis of their behavioral patterns as a basis for marketing strategy
- Formulation of marketing policies; theories, concepts, and methodology involved in applying research to marketing problems
- This course provides students with digital and social media marketing expertise through in-depth discussion and projects
Why Choose This Program? Online Digital Marketing Degree
Why choose LSU’s online Bachelor of Science in Marketing with a concentration in Digital Marketing?
LSU’s online digital marketing degree is the only digital marketing degree available from a flagship university. The program is designed to prepare students to enter a booming industry with the skills and experience to become advanced digital marketing professionals. Graduates can find positions in businesses and nonprofit organizations, or they can use their knowledge to become entrepreneurs. This degree is flexible, affordable, and 100% online.