New Online Undergraduate Business and Marketing Degrees
More than 100 online programs now offered at LSU
BATON ROUGE – LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business has launched the fully online Bachelor of Science in General Business degree with four concentrations and the online Bachelor of Science in Marketing with a concentration in Digital Marketing from the LSU flagship campus. With four unique concentrations—Business Analytics, Digital Marketing, Human Resource Management and Information Technology Management—graduates will be highly prepared for leadership positions across a wide range of industries. These new fully online degrees allow the university to boast a portfolio of more than 100 online-by-design programs supported by LSU Online & Continuing Education that stack together to help individuals achieve their career goals.
The E. J. Ourso College of Business graduates more than 1,000 exceptional students annually who are well equipped to become the business leaders and entrepreneurs of the future.
“Our college is excited to expand the Bachelor of Science in General Business to an online format,” said Tim Chandler, associate dean for undergraduate programs and assessment, E. J. Ourso College of Business. “Moreover, both the online and on-campus BS in General Business formats will now have the option to choose a concentration to complete as part of the degree requirements. These changes give students flexible and focused opportunities to acquire marketable skills in a specialized area of business that meets their interests.”
Each unique concentration allows the student to excel and specialize in an in-demand skillset needed to run a modern organization:
- Online Bachelor of Science in General Business with a concentration in Business Analytics teaches preparative, descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Online Bachelor of Science in General Business with a concentration in Digital Marketing teaches the basics of marketing analytics, focusing on the processes, techniques and tools used in the customer acquisition process.
- Online Bachelor of Science in General Business with a concentration in Human Resource Management teaches quantitative and qualitative job evaluation methods, wage level, wage structure, incentive plans, employee compensation issues and human resource policy implementation at an organization’s strategic level.
- Online Bachelor of Science in General Business with a concentration in Information Technology Management teaches students what information systems are and how they complement an organization's business strategy.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Marketing with a concentration in Digital Marketing teaches students how to effectively use digital marketing tools, such as social media and search engine optimization, to increase outreach and expand clientele for businesses in all industries.
The degrees are online-by-design and are taught by the same faculty as the on-campus program. Students receive flat-rate tuition nationwide and guaranteed admission to LSU through an institution across Louisiana. LSU Online students will receive the same diploma as their on-campus peers.
“Our goals are to provide students with the most relevant and up-to-date learning experiences to succeed in their careers,” Chandler said. “Employers can expect graduates who will be job-ready with in-demand skills that will help a business grow.”
Graduates enjoy a wide range of potential job opportunities as market research analysts, business intelligence analysts, training and development managers, labor relations managers, email marketing specialists, digital marketing managers, business directors, data scientists and more. On average, graduates from the E. J. Ourso College of Business earn a starting salary from $40,000-$55,000 per year and accept positions with Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
“Our online students are predominately nontraditional, which means they come to the table with training, credentials and relevant knowledge outside of the classroom,” said Sasha Thackaberry, vice president for LSU Online & Continuing Education. “Being able to offer this notable, flagship degree fully online will give students around the world an opportunity to accelerate their careers by adding LSU to their resume.”
The first application deadline for the spring term is Dec. 14, with classes starting Jan. 11, 2021. The second is March 1, with classes starting March 15, 2021.
LSU Online’s world-class enrollment concierge team is ready to help potential students through the application process to get you started in the program on your schedule.
About the LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business
Since its establishment in 1928, the E. J. Ourso College of Business has continuously improved and expanded its offerings for students and alumni. Additionally, the college has made it a priority to provide its faculty with the resources it needs to further research in every aspect of the business world and to produce industry leaders for a global work environment. For more news and information about the E. J. Ourso College, visit lsu.edu/business.
About LSU Online & Continuing Education
LSU Online & Continuing Education meets the evolving needs of nontraditional learners by creating education opportunities in high-demand, workforce-relevant fields. Programs are designed with the student in mind whether online, on-campus or on-site. LSU Online meets students at all levels of their education journey from individual training courses to fully online degrees. LSU Online delivers high-quality learning experiences for individuals to earn the credentials they need for professional, financial and personal growth. Standards are rigorous, led by award-winning LSU faculty and expert instructors. Students can expect world-class customer service through personal, concierge-style learner support.
LSU Online & Continuing Education offers more than 100 online degrees and certificates that stack together to help you to advance your career. Explore our programs today at online.lsu.edu.
Ready to reach your goals?
Take the first step forward by completing the form and our enrollment team will contact you soon to discuss:
- What program meets your academic and career goals
- Financial aid options (employer funding, military benefits)
- Receiving credit for past education (transfer, professional development)
- The admissions process and timeline