Online Master of Business Administration with an International Business Concentration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Master the Skills to Thrive in the Global Marketplace
LSU Shreveport's MBA with a concentration in International Business helps students cultivate a mindset that can expand their opportunities in an increasingly internationalized economy. The courses offer a well-rounded education in operations, marketing, and strategic decision-making. Learn to navigate multinational business ventures while developing an appreciation for diverse cultural and institutional influences. Students will also study leadership and resource management skills with applications in global and cross-border environments. This program prepares learners for success in large, multinational companies or small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) looking to expand.
Ranked #1 in the Nation
LSUS online MBA was ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com, 2021.
$12,474 Total Program Tuition
The LSUS MBA program offers premium education at an affordable cost.
Finish in as Few as 10 Months
Designed to be flexible and convenient for working professionals.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Available
A GMAT/GRE waiver is available for qualified applicants.
The jobs and workplace of tomorrow are going to be so dramatically different. One of the advantages here at LSUS is that we have woven, through the fabric of our university, the idea of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking, the ability to pivot and adapt, and the ability to quickly recognize and evaluate opportunities.
Explore This Program
Cost Online MBA International Business
The MBA online program offers the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition to all U.S. residents. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $416
Total cost with fees: $12,473.90*
*Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online MBA International Business
The online MBA in International Business consists of 30 credit hours, including seven core courses (21 credit hours) and the completion of a concentration or specialization.
Students pursuing an MBA—International Business Concentration must take three concentration courses (9 credit hours).
Students pursuing an MBA—International Business Specialization must take two specialization courses (6 credit hours) and one MBA elective of choice (3 credit hours).
All students pursuing a Master of Business Administration with an International Business Concentration or Specialization must complete the core courses. These courses will prepare students with a solid foundation in managerial accounting and finance while also helping them develop the skills to lead and strategize in organizations.
|Core Courses (21 hours)||Credit Hours|
|MBA 700: Managerial Use of Accounting Data||3|
|MBA 701: Economic Analysis for Management||3|
|MBA 702: Financial Management||3|
|MBA 703: Management Information Systems||3|
|MBA 704: Organizational Behavior||3|
|MBA 705: Organizational Strategy and Policies||3|
|MBA 706: Marketing Strategy||3|
Concentration and Specialization Courses
Students pursuing an MBA—International Business Concentration must take three of the following courses.
Students pursuing an MBA—International Business Specialization must take two of the following courses and one MBA elective of choice.
|Concentration (9 hours) and Specialization (6 hours) Courses||Credit Hours|
|MBA 711: International Accounting||3|
|MBA 759: International Business||3|
|MBA 760: International Experience||3|
|MBA 776: International Marketing||3|
Electives enable students to further develop their degree path to fit their goals. Students pursuing an MBA—International Business Specialization must take one MBA elective of choice.
Optional Foundation Courses
Enrollment in Foundation courses is determined by the student and should be based on the student’s undergraduate degree, job experience, and related skills set. Students may choose to take any of the four optional one-credit foundation courses as each course is offered independently. The four optional foundation courses do not count towards fulfilling MBA requirements. The foundation courses are
• MBA 500 Fundamentals of Accounting
• MBA 501 Fundamentals of Economics
• MBA 502 Fundamentals of Finance
• MBA 503 Fundamentals of Statistics
Admission Requirements Online MBA International Business
Students interested in the MBA – International Business online program must first follow the admission requirements below to be accepted into LSUS Graduate School.
- Submit the graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 3.0 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND at least three years of professional work experience as verified by a professional resume,* OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND
- a minimum GMAT score of 450** AND
- a minimum score of 1,000 points based on 200 points times the GPA plus the GMAT score (for example, an overall 2.5 GPA and a 500 GMAT would result in a total of 1,000, which is acceptable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. The LSUS Admissions Committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience.
**Please use ETS institution code 6355 when submitting GMAT scores to LSUS.
Career Opportunities Online MBA International Business
- International Marketing Manager/Director
- International Product Manager
- Management Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
- Sales Director
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Accreditation Online MBA International Business
The College of Business at Louisiana State University Shreveport is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5 percent of all business schools worldwide meet AACSB International's demanding standards.
What Will I Learn? Online MBA International Business
An MBA in International Business will prepare you for success in large, multinational companies or small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) looking to expand. Graduates will gain the skills to excel in a variety of high-level leadership roles.
Students enrolled in this program will:
- Examine risks, challenges, and strategies associated with international business
- Explore international, global, and regional theories of marketing outside the home country market
- Study the macro-environmental concepts that impact international business expansion
- Understand how cultural influences and environmental conditions impact marketing tactics and strategies
Why Choose This Program? Online MBA International Business
As technology advances, global communication becomes easier and more important. With the online MBA in International Business from LSU Online and LSUS, you will be given the opportunity to cultivate a mindset of global connectivity and growth. The skills and knowledge you gain from our respected MBA program can propel you to great heights in your career. Our dedication to your success is one of the reasons why the MBA from LSUS online was ranked #1 among the top 50 MBAs in the nation by Intelligent.com in 2021.