Online Master of Education in Educational Leadership
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Real-World Learning for Advanced Education Management and Leadership Skills
LSU Shreveport's online Master of Education in Educational Leadership gives students the skills and expertise to engage in leadership opportunities beyond the classroom and help improve their community, school, and student's lives. The curriculum focuses on essential aspects of educational leadership, including schoolwide planning, technology implementation, management logistics, and a study of the appropriation and allocation of public financial resources for education. Course work aligns with national and state standards: the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards, the Standards for School Principals in Louisiana (SSPL), and the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL).
This program meets rigorous national standards set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
$12,697 Total Program Tuition
An exceptional education experience at an affordable price.
Finish in as Few As 12 Months
Designed to be flexible and convenient for working professionals.
TEACH Grant Eligible
Qualified applicants in certain programs may meet the requirements for the TEACH Grant.
Explore This Program
Cost LSUS Online Master in Educational Leadership Degree
The MEd Educational Leadership online program offers affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 34 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $374
Total cost with fees: $12,696.96*
*Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings LSUS Online Master in Educational Leadership Degree
To complete the MEd Educational Leadership online degree program, students must complete the following courses (34 credit hours), including an internship. EDL 716 Internship in Educational Leadership is taken four times during the completion of the program. EDL 716 is a one-hour credit course.
Students must complete the following courses.
|Foundation: 11 courses||Credit Hours|
|EDL 740: Introduction to Graduate Research||3|
|EDL 701: Leading with Vision||3|
|ED 785: Technology Leadership in Schools||3|
|EDL 700: Creating a Professional Learning Community||3|
|EDL 702: Legal & Ethical Issues in Education||3|
|EDL 707: Utilizing Data for School Improvement||3|
|EDL 710: Leading Instruction and Assessment||3|
|EDL 711: Funding Public Education||3|
|EDL 712: Facilitating Human Resource Development and Empowerment||3|
|EDL 713: Mobilizing the Community||3|
|EDL 716: Internship in Educational Leadership (4 Times)||1|
|Total Required Credit Hours||34|
Admission Requirements LSUS Online Master in Educational Leadership Degree
Take the first step toward earning your degree and reaching a new milestone in your education. We've simplified the process so you can get started quickly and easily. Students interested in the MEd Educational Leadership online program must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Submit graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from an accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
- The LSUS MEDL programs do not require GRE or GMAT scores
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**This degree does not lead to any additional certification, if the graduate does not already possess a teaching certificate.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
Career Opportunities LSUS Online Master in Educational Leadership Degree
- Assistant Principal
- Dean of Students
- Community College Program Director
- District Administrator
- Instructional Coordinator
- Campus and District Leadership
Accreditation LSUS Online Master in Educational Leadership Degree
The teacher education programs at Louisiana State University Shreveport meet rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
What Will I Learn? LSUS Online Master in Educational Leadership Degree
Students in our online MEd in Educational Leadership program will study relevant theories and practices in the field. Course work aligns with both national and state standards: the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards and the Standards for School Principals in Louisiana (SSPL).
In this program, you will learn:
- Leadership theories and planning models
- Concepts and practices for developing and maintaining informed involvement of communities with public schools
- Fundamental concepts of American school law and how to apply the law to real-world school settings
- How to interpret research and identify best practices that can be used to increase student motivation, engagement, and achievement
Why Choose This Program? LSUS Online Master in Educational Leadership Degree
- More than 80% of the LSUS faculty have obtained doctorate degrees – reflecting the highest level of expertise in their fields.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts "good to excellent" job opportunities for teachers over the next 10 years
- CareerBuilder® says elementary school teachers with master's degrees earn starting salaries 32% higher than teachers with a bachelor's
- "The most rewarding opportunities will be offered to master's-educated teachers with the in-demand skills this program offers." - (University official)
- Teaching Degree Search has awarded top rankings to LSUS in two categories for the state. The university earned first in Best Value Educational Administration Master's Degree Schools, and Best Value Educational Administration Schools.
Related Programs LSUS Online Master in Educational Leadership Degree
- Online Master of Education in Educational Leadership: Teacher Leader
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Education Technology Leader
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: English as a Second Language
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: General
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Reading and Literacy
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: STEM
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Urban Education
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Adult Education
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Special Education Leadership