Online Master of Arts in Education - Educational Technology
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Stay on the Cutting Edge of Technology.
The online Master of Arts in Education with a specialization in Educational Technology degree is designed to prepare leaders and practitioners in cutting-edge areas including technology integration, digital transformation, technology-enabled academic innovation, online education, training, and professional development. These in-demand skills can be applied to many professional settings, including K-12 schools, higher education institutions, business, healthcare, the military, and government.
Save Time and Money - With Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), earn up to 9 credit hours for Quality Matters' "Teaching Online Certificate (TOC)" or "Master Reviewer Certificate (MRC)". You can also earn up to 6 credit hours for the LSU Online Learning Experience Design Microcred®.
LSU’s online education technology program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related.
Versatility in the field
Graduates gain and practice transferable competencies in learning/instructional design and emerging educational technology.
The MA in Education with Educational Technology is ranked by U.S. News as one of the Best Online Programs for master’s in education.
No GRE/GMAT required
Applications may be submitted without a GRE/GMAT exam score.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Master's in Educational Technology
You may be able to find savings and earn credit from previous work or training, or as demonstrated by your industry certifications, through Prior Learning Assessment. Learn more.
Total credit hours per program: 36 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $459
Total cost with fees: $16,524
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online Master's in Educational Technology
|Educational Technology Core||Credit Hours|
|ELRC 7500: Technology Leadership in Education||3|
|ELRC 7503: Instructional Design||3|
|ELRC 7502: Principles of Distance Education||3|
|ELRC 7505: Design and Development of Multimedia Instructional Units||3|
|ELRC 7535: Advanced Telecommunications and Electronic Learning||3|
|ELRC 7550: Theory and Research in Educational Technology||3|
|ELRC 4507: Computer Technology in Education||3|
|ELRC 4249: Understanding and Applying Research||3|
|ELRC 7501: Educational Technology Assessment & Evaluation||3|
|ELRC 7420: Administration of Technology Programs||3|
|ELRC 7525: Professional Development for K-12: Technology Integration||3|
|ELRC 7516: Practicum in Educational Media||3|
Admission Requirements Online Master's in Educational Technology
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a foreign institution*
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 on all undergraduate work (or in the final 60 credit hours) and for any graduate work already completed for regular admission. GPA between 2.75-3.0 can be reviewed for a probationary admission.
- Resume or CV
- 3 letters of recommendation – professional
- The recommender should be able to highlight the applicant’s character, work ethic, and professionalism
- Written on letterhead and signed if possible.
- No GRE Required.
- Upload unofficial transcripts of all Undergraduate, Graduate or Post Baccalaureate course work in the application if available (Can review on unofficial transcripts).
- Make sure that you order the official transcripts to be sent to email@example.com
- Personal Statement
- Used to evaluate your writing style - no requirement in length, but edit for spelling and grammar. The statement of purpose should introduce you to our Admissions Committee, explain why you are choosing LSU, and how joining the Educational Technology program is important to you personally and professionally.
Career Opportunities Online Master's in Educational Technology
- Computer instructor
- Course developer or designer
- Technology coordinator
- Online learning specialist
- Web-based learning manager
- Multimedia designer
- Technology integration specialist
- Computer learning lab coordinator
- Instructional designer
- Media specialist
- Faculty support and development
- Educational technologist
- Online program manager
- Training and development manager
Accreditation Online Master's in Educational Technology
LSU’s online educational technology program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related.
What Will I Learn? Online Master's in Educational Technology
Graduates of our online master’s in educational technology program will learn cutting-edge strategies to help them become better educators and advance their careers.
Students will learn the following:
- Theories and models of technology leadership
- Instructional design theories and models and their application in solving real-world instructional/learning problems
- Applications of the principles of distance education to teaching and learning in educational and training contexts
- Instructional design for computer-assisted instruction
- Scope and elements of the online environment; technologies and strategies for online teaching and learning; design, development or conversion of courses for online delivery
Why Choose This Program? Online Master's in Educational Technology
Why choose LSU’s online Master of Arts in Education - Educational Technology?
Our Master of Arts in Education - Educational Technology is ranked by U.S. News as one of the best online programs for a master’s in education. Our program is 100% online, flexible, and affordable. Applications may also be submitted without a GRE/GMAT exam score. Additionally, enrolled students can earn up to 9 credit hours with a Quality Matters Teaching Online Certificate (TOC) or Master Reviewer Certificate (MRC).
Why choose LSU?
The passion and excellence that LSU stands for have earned the school a coveted "Tier One" spot in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Colleges.” As the state’s flagship university, LSU has been preparing students for rewarding careers for nearly 150 years. Today, LSU is equally proud of its strides to make education more accessible through innovative online degree programs that are every bit as rigorous as its on-campus programs
Through the dedication of an exceptional faculty and staff, LSU is one of only 30 universities in the United States designated as a land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant institution. In addition, LSU is the only public top-tier university—and the only university in Louisiana—to receive the honor of being placed in the "very high research activity" category by the Carnegie Foundation.
Louisiana Teaching Certificate Add-On Endorsements Online Master's in Educational Technology
The Louisiana Department of Education (LA DoE) recognizes the coursework in the Educational Technology program for three add-on endorsements: Online Instructor, Technology Facilitator, and Technology Leader.
- Online Instructor Endorsement: ELRC 7502, 7535, 7516
- Technology Facilitator Endorsement: ELRC 7505, 4507, 7500
- Technology Leader Endorsement: ELRC 7505, 4507, 7500, 7420, 7525, 7501 (or 7240) and 7535