Online Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Lead Innovation in Learning
Professionals in educational technology lead learning innovation through their understanding of the hardware, software, and educational theory used to facilitate learning and improve instruction. Help shape the future of learning and education with the Online Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology through LSU Online. Graduates from this program will learn workplace-relevant skills, such as identifying and implementing technology-enabled improvements in an organization, as well as have the knowledge to understand the trends and best practices in leading education through digital technology. This graduate certificate opens the doors for a wide range of careers, including training and development specialist, instructional designer, chief learning officer, and curriculum development specialist.
Save Time and Money - With Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), earn up to 3 credit hours for Quality Matters' "Teaching Online Certificate (TOC)" or "Master Reviewer Certificate (MRC)"
Apply hours earned toward an Online MA in Educational Technology.
Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Value Colleges.
No GRE required for admission.
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Explore This Program
Total credit hours per program: 12 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $459
Total cost with fees: $5,508
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
- ELRC 7500 - Technology Leadership in Education | Credit Hours: 3
- ELRC 7503 - Instructional Design | Credit Hours: 3
- ELRC 7505 - Design & Development of Multimedia Instructional Units | Credit Hours: 3
- ELRC 7535 - Advanced Educational Telecommunications & Electronic Learning | Credit Hours: 3
In order to apply for the certificate, applicants must have and submit:
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA in their last 60 hours of undergraduate work or a minimum of a 3.0 GPA on all previous graduate work
- Official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended
- A personal statement of interest in the areas of Educational Technology. Applicants should address how they became interested in working with or furthering their knowledge of educational technology, any previous experience integrating technology in an educational/training setting, and what they hope to learn in this program
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Performance Support Specialist
- Instructional Coordinator
- Technology Integration Specialist
- eLearning Developer
- Curriculum Development Specialist
- Chief Learning Officer
- Training and Development Specialist
- Multimedia Designer
- Instructional Technologist
- Training Director
What Will I Learn?
Students who earn an online certificate in educational technology will gain the skills to lead learning innovation through educational technology.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Theories and models of technology leadership, trends and best practices in leading education through digital technology
- Instructional design theories and models and their application in solving real-world instructional/learning problems
- Instructional design for computer-assisted instruction; emphasis on learning theory, events of instruction, structuring instructional sequences for maximum content retention
- Scope and elements of the online environment; technologies and strategies for online teaching and learning; design, development or conversion of courses for online delivery; course management, assessment and evaluation; policy issues
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU’s online Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology?
Online EdTech certifications are a smart way for teachers to improve their knowledge in the field and learn strategies that can be applied in the classroom, especially as more schools switch to hybrid and virtual learning. LSU’s online certificate in educational technology is a valuable credential for educators who aspire to lead learning innovation in their schools.