Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with an Adult Education Concentration
Get Started Today
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Make a Difference by Serving Adult Learners
The online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Adult Education Concentration is offered by LSU Shreveport. This concentration is designed for those who desire a career in adult education, workforce development training, or leadership at higher education sector. Students will learn the how adult education developed and how to reach, teach and inspire different type of adult learners. Upon completing the program, graduates are prepared to enhance the learning capabilities of adults in various educational programs and workforce development. The MEDCI-Adult Education concentration is 100% online, asynchronized, accelerated program. Those enrolled can complete the degree requirements in as few as 10 months.
This program meets rigorous national standards set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
Develop a Teaching Portfolio
Create an extensive e-portfolio that showcases the work you complete during the program.
Learn From Industry Experts
Get valuable insights from our award-winning faculty who are practitioners in the STEM field.
TEACH Grant Eligible
Qualified applicants in certain programs may meet the requirements for the TEACH Grant.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Master in Adult Education
The MEd in Curriculum & Instruction – Adult Education online program offers affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $374
Total cost with fees: $11,203.10*
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online Master in Adult Education
Students in the MEd in Curriculum & Instruction – Adult Education online program must complete 30 credit hours of course work, including four foundation courses (12 credit hours), and six specialization courses (18 credit hours).
Students must complete the following courses.
|Foundation: 4 courses||Credit Hours|
|ED 734: Creating Multicultural Connections through Literature||3|
|EDL 701: Leading with Vision||3|
|EDL 700: Creating a Professional Learning Community||3|
|EDL 740: Introduction to Graduate Research||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||12|
Students must complete the following courses.
|Specialization: 6 courses||Credit Hours|
|EDA 600: Foundations of Adult Education||3|
|EDA 601: Adult Development and Learning||3|
|EDA 602: Introduction to Test and Measurements||3|
|EDA 604: Career Counseling and Development||3|
|EDA 605: Teaching Adult Learners||3|
|EDA 606: Social and Cultural Issues in Education||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||18|
Admission Requirements Online Master in Adult Education
Take the first step toward earning your degree and reaching a new milestone in your education. We've simplified the process so you can get started quickly and easily. Students interested in the MEd in Curriculum & Instruction – Adult Education online program must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Submit graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from an accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
- The LSUS MEDCI programs do not require GRE or GMAT scores
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**This degree does not lead to any additional certification, if the graduate does not already possess a teaching certificate.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
Career Opportunities Online Master in Adult Education
Career and Technical Center Teacher/Instructor
Human Services Agencies
Post-Secondary Adult Preparatory Programs
Community College Teaching
Training and Development and Instructional Design
Higher Education (including teaching, advising, student support)
Administration (Higher Education)
Environmental and occupational health and safety professionals
Student services administrators
Public, private technology center educators
Training and Development Specialist
Program/Project Management for Community-based organizations (e.g., adult literacy, ESL, GED, Adult High School)
Instructor or Teacher at Cultural institutions (e.g., museums and libraries, planetariums, zoological parks, aquariums)
Compensatory education (Teaching Adults with Disabilities)
Training instructor/ teacher at Correctional institutions
Accreditation Online Master in Adult Education
The teacher education programs at Louisiana State University Shreveport meet rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
What Will I Learn? Online Master in Adult Education
Students who enroll in the Med in Curriculum and Instruction-Adult Education program will have the opportunity to create an extensive e-portfolio that showcases the work they complete during the program. Graduates will gain relevant skills and knowledge that can contribute to helping them compete for advanced leadership roles in areas of community college leadership, workforce development, high education, adult learning, and adult development.
Our program offers:
- Opportunity to gain research knowledge from many leaders and innovators in the high education and workforce development on trends in adult education
- The opportunity to learn skills needed to assess and create programs, curriculum, and projects that target issues face by adult learners in various work and education environments
- The ability to apply the knowledge and skills learn in adult education courses in real time
*The MEDCI program does not lead to a teaching certification but can lead to an endorsement if already a certified teacher.
Why Choose This Program? Online Master in Adult Education
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts "good to excellent" job opportunities for teachers over the next 10 years
- CareerBuilder® says elementary school teachers with master's degrees earn starting salaries 32% higher than teachers with a bachelor's
- "The most rewarding opportunities will be offered to master's-educated teachers with the in-demand skills this program offers." - (University official)
Related Programs Online Master in Adult Education
- Online Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Online Master of Education in Educational Leadership: Teacher Leader
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Education Technology Leader
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: English as a Second Language
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: General
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Reading and Literacy
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Urban Education
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Special Education Leadership