Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with a General Concentration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Obtain the Skills Advance Your Career With a Customized Degree Program
The online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: General is offered by LSU Shreveport. Through engaging course content, candidates pursuing this degree will gain new expertise. Students will learn how to align professional administrative skills with best practices in educational research, testing, curriculum development, and theory and learning principles. Students can customize this degree program based on professional goals, allowing graduates to receive the specific tools needed for success in their careers.
This program meets rigorous national standards set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
Our online program can be custom-tailored, so you can focus on taking courses for your specific career objectives.
No GRE/GMAT required
Applications may be submitted without a GRE/GMAT exam score.
TEACH Grant Eligible
Qualified applicants in certain programs may meet the requirements for the TEACH Grant.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Master in Curriculum and Instruction Education
The MEd in Curriculum & Instruction – General Emphasis online program offers affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $374
Total cost with fees: $11,203.10*
*Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online Master in Curriculum and Instruction Education
Students in the MEd in Curriculum & Instruction – General Emphasis online program must complete 30 credit hours of course work, including six foundation courses (18 credit hours) and four specialization courses (12 credit hours).
Students must complete the following courses.
|Foundation: 6 Courses||Credit Hours|
|EDL 740: Introduction to Graduate Research||3|
|ED 720: Curriculum||3|
|ED 780: Educational Technology Applied to the Classroom||3|
|ED 734: Creating Multicultural Connections through Literature||3|
|EDL 700: Creating a Professional Learning Community||3|
|EDL 707: Utilizing Data for School Improvement||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||18|
Students must complete four of the following courses for a total of 12 credit hours.
|Specialization: 4 courses||Credit Hours|
|ED 740: Foundations in Reading||3|
|ED 744: Content Area Reading||3|
|ESL 601: Introduction to Language and Culture||3|
|ESL 602: Linguistics for the ESL Educator||3|
|ESL 603: Methods for Teaching English as a Second Language||3|
|ESL 604: Curriculum and the Multicultural Classroom||3|
|ESL 681: Design and Development of Multimedia Instructional Units||3|
|ED 684: Education Telecommunications, Networks, and Internet||3|
|ED 786: Technology Planning and Administration||3|
|ED 787: Professional Development for K-12 Technology Integration||3|
|ED 750: History of Urban Education||3|
|ED 751: Urban Schools and the Community||3|
|ED 752: Culturally Responsive Classroom Organization and Management||3|
|ED 753: Urban School Reform||3|
|EDST 601: Foundations in STEM Education||3|
|EDST 602: STEM Content Methods||3|
|EDST 603: Grant Writing for STEM Programs||3|
|EDST 604: STEM Exploration||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||12|
Admission Requirements Online Master in Curriculum and Instruction Education
Take the first step toward earning your degree and reaching a new milestone in your education. We've simplified the process so you can get started quickly and easily. Students interested in the MEd in Curriculum & Instruction – General Emphasis online program must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Submit graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from an accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
- The LSUS MEDCI programs do not require GRE or GMAT scores
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**This degree does not lead to any additional certification, if the graduate does not already possess a teaching certificate.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
Career Opportunities Online Master in Curriculum and Instruction Education
- Instructional Coordinator
- Curriculum Specialist
- Educational Consultant
- Academic Director
Accreditation Online Master in Curriculum and Instruction Education
The teacher education programs at Louisiana State University Shreveport meet rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
What Will I Learn? Online Master in Curriculum and Instruction Education
Students choosing the MEd in Curriculum & Instruction – General Emphasis program can work with their advisors to custom-tailor specialized courses for their specific career objectives. Graduates of this curriculum and instruction master’s degree program will gain the skills to become a leader in devising educational curriculum and policy.
Our program offers:
- An opportunity to work with your advisor to tailor your MEd in Curriculum & Instruction to your aspirations and areas of interest
- A focus on developing expertise that may be particularly valuable to your institution or your geographic area
- Alignment of your goals to the theories, strategies, and best practices that will make them possible
*The MEDCI master's degree does not lead to a teaching certification but can lead to an endorsement if you are already a certified teacher.
Why Choose This Program? Online Master in Curriculum and Instruction Education
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts "good to excellent" job opportunities for teachers over the next 10 years
- CareerBuilder® says elementary school teachers with master's degrees earn starting salaries 32% higher than teachers with a bachelor's
- "The most rewarding opportunities will be offered to master's-educated teachers with the in-demand skills this program offers." - (University official)
Related Programs Online Master in Curriculum and Instruction Education
- Online Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Online Master of Education in Educational Leadership: Teacher Leader
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Education Technology Leader
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: English as a Second Language
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Reading and Literacy
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: STEM
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Urban Education
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Adult Education
- Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Special Education Leadership