Online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Protect and Serve Your Communities More Effectively
The Online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from LSU Alexandria offers students a solid foundation of knowledge in the criminal justice system, as well as a wide array of electives, including administration courses, forensics, crime scene investigation, private and industrial security, and correctional management. The program can be completed 100% online and offers a balance of theoretical and practical aspects of crime control as they relate to adult and juvenile justice. Students will learn to solve problems and work effectively with other criminal justice professionals and citizens and communicate—both verbally and in writing—in a criminal justice context.
Save Time and Money - Apply your past military and law enforcement training to earn credits towards an Online BS in Criminal Justice through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
Our students have gone on to pursue careers in fields such as protective services, law and corrections, security management, court administration, and social services.
Credit for Military and Law Enforcement Training
Through our Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), you can earn credit from your military and law enforcement training that may apply towards your degree, helping you complete your degree faster.
Become More Marketable
With a BS in Criminal Justice, students make themselves more marketable and increase their promotability within the Criminal Justice field.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Criminal Justice
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. Transfer credits may apply for up to 75% of degree requirements. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your LSUA degree.
Total credit hours: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour (with fees): $325
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $9,750
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits and no financial aid: $39,000
For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice Classes
|General Education: 13 courses||Credit Hours|
|ENGL 1001: English Composition||3|
|ENGL 1002: English Composition II||3|
|Gen Ed Fine Arts (Fine Arts, Music, Theater)||3|
|CMST 2060: Public Speaking||3|
|HIST 2055: American History I||3|
|HIST 2057: American History II||3|
|General Education Math||6|
|General Education Natural Science||9|
|POLI 2051: American Government||3|
|PSYC 2000: Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||39|
|Criminal Justice Core: 10 courses||Credit Hours|
|CJUS 1107: Introduction to Criminal Justice||3|
|CJUS 2002: Professional Writing in Criminal Justice||3|
|CJUS 2131: Police Process||3|
|CJUS 2132: The Judicial Process||3|
|CJUS 2216: Corrections Process||3|
|CJUS 3025: Ethical Leadership in Criminal Justice||3|
|CJUS 3030: Res Meth in Criminal Justice & Criminology||3|
|CJUS 3215: Juvenile Delinquency||3|
|CJUS 4018: Constitutional Law and Criminal Justice||3|
|CJUS 4461: Criminology||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||30|
|Criminal Justice Electives : 13 courses||Credit Hours|
|ENGL 3002: Technical Writing||3|
|Psychology 3000/4000 level Elective||3|
|Criminal Justice Electives||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||51|
Note: Course substitutions will be considered. There are often multiple ways to complete degree requirements.
Note: Approved Electives (CJUS, CMST, DSEM, ENGL, HIST, POLI, PSYC, SOCL, LSUA 1001)
Note: General Education Science requirement- Students must take either six hours of biology and three hours of physical science or six hours of physical science (in a single discipline) and three hours of biology.
Admission Requirements Online Criminal Justice
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
Career Opportunities Online Criminal Justice
- Law Enforcement
- Probation and Parole
- Juvenile Justice Administration
- Private Sector Security
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Secret Service
What Will I Learn? Online Criminal Justice
The Bachelor Science in Criminal Justice prepares individuals for careers in law enforcement, corrections, probation and parole, juvenile justice administration, and private sector security.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the philosophy, theories, policies, practices, processes, reforms, and inter-dependent operations of the major components of the criminal justice system.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to analyze, interpret, and critique the application of judicial, legislative, and administrative civil and criminal law to criminal justice subject matter.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the nature, extent, causation, and prevention of crime, including the ability to apply and critique the major theories relevant to those causes.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to analyze, interpret, and critique the application of research methodology and statistics to criminal justice subject matter.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to interpret data, to apply concepts and ideas, and to analyze data, theories, and relationships, deductively and inductively to criminal justice subject matter.
Why Choose This Program? Online Criminal Justice
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice?
The affordable online BS in Criminal Justice helps students build their resumes with an accredited, top-ranked degree. Courses are flexibly formatted and taught by experienced criminal justice practitioners. On average, online students can finish the degree within four years. The diploma they receive also will be identical to on-campus LSUA graduates’. After graduation, students can find entry-level positions in protective services, law and corrections, security, court administration, and social services.