Online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a Criminal Psychology Concentration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Increase Your Understanding of the Criminal System
Now’s the time to jumpstart your criminal justice career with LSU Alexandria’s online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Criminal Psychology. Delivered completely online, this program provides students the unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the criminal justice system and the benefits of applying psychological insight to the field. Through comprehensive coursework and hands-on learning, students will strengthen their cognitive skills and investigative abilities. Additionally, LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students. Start earning a flexible degree that allows you to continue dedicating time to your family and community while preparing for a career in fields such as law enforcement, courts, and corrections at the local, state, and federal levels. The program can be completed in four years as a full-time student.
Save Time and Money - Apply your past military and law enforcement training to earn credits towards an Online BS in Criminal Justice through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
This program prepares professionals for roles as a crime scene investigator, police officer, security analyst, criminal psychologist, and more.
Become More Marketable
Increase your personal marketability and promotability within the Criminal Justice field.
Credit for Military and Law Enforcement Training
Through our Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), you can earn credit from your military and law enforcement training that may apply towards your degree, helping you complete your degree faster.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Criminal Psychology
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. Transfer credits may apply for up to 75% of degree requirements. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your LSUA degree.
Total credit hours: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour (with fees): $325
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $9,750
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits, and no financial aid: $39,000
For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course ListingsOnline Criminal Psychology
General Education Courses
- ENGL 1001: English Composition | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 1002: English Composition II | Credit Hours: 3
- Gen Ed Fine Arts (Fine Arts, Music, Theater) | Credit Hours: 3
- General Education Mathematics | Credit Hours:6
- Biology and Physical Science | Credit Hours: 9
- POLI 2051 American Government | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC 2000: Introduction to Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
- CMST 2060 Public Speaking | Credits: 3
- HIST 2055 American History I | Credits: 3
- HIST 2057 American History II | Credits: 3
- CJUS 1107: Introduction to Criminal Justice | Credit Hours: 3
- CJUS 2002: Professional Writing in Criminal Justice | Credit Hours: 3
- CJUS 2131: Police Process | Credit Hours: 3
- CJUS 2132: The Judicial Process | Credit Hours: 3
- CJUS 2216: Corrections Process | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC 3001: Cultural Diversity | Credit Hours: 3
- CJUS 3025: Ethical Leadership in Criminal Justice | Credit Hours: 3
- CJUS 3030: Research Methods in Criminal Justice and Criminology | Credit Hours: 3
- CJUS 3215: Juvenile Delinquency | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC 2070: Developmental Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC 3140: Social Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC 3800: Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC 4060: Drugs and Behavior in Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC 4082: Introduction to Abnormal Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC 4083: Introduction to Counseling Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 3002: Technical Writing | Credit Hours: 3
- Psychology Electives | Credit Hours: 6
- Criminal Justice Electives | Credit Hours: 3
- Free electives | Credit Hours: 24 hours
Students who intend to pursue Graduate School should take the following courses in the order listed: PSYC 2525, PSCY 3017, PSYC 4017.
Admission Requirements Online Criminal Psychology
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
Career Opportunities Online Criminal Psychology
- Case Worker
- Corrections Officer
- Criminal Psychologist
- Police detective
- Probation or Parole Officer
What Will I Learn? Online Criminal Psychology
Students who graduate with an online criminal justice - criminal psychology bachelor’s degree will be prepared for entry-level positions in the criminal justice field.
Topics covered in the program include:
- An introduction to criminal justice, its historical and philosophical background; its organizations, agencies, and processes; the development of modern practices; and its role in a democratic society
- Instruction and practice in the writing skills required of criminal justice professionals with an emphasis on the composition of memos, letters, reports, and documents
- A study of the role, scope, organization, and management of police agencies
- An examination of the role, function, and structure of the courts and their relationship to the criminal justice system
- A study of the American correctional process with emphasis on the development of current correctional programs and practices, modern rehabilitative processes, and community-based correctional efforts
Why Choose This Program? Online Criminal Psychology
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a Criminal Psychology concentration?
The online BS in Criminal Justice - Criminal Psychology program from LSUA is designed to help students begin their careers in the justice system. Graduates will be prepared for entry-level careers in law enforcement, courts, and more. The 100% online format is flexible and convenient - perfect for working professionals or other nontraditional students. Additionally, the Prior Learning Assessment program can help students save time and money by allowing them to use their past training to earn credits toward their degree.