Online Graduate Certificate in Analytics
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Provide Better Insights.
In a world that generates and collects massive quantities of data each day, learning to gather data and analyze for business applications is necessary. Advance in the growing field of business analytics with a Graduate Certificate in Analytics from LSU Online and the Stephenson Department of Entrepreneurship & Information Systems in the E. J. Ourso College of Business. This online certificate program is ideal for retraining professionals, scientists, and researchers in the use of big data, and can be completed in less than a year.
Join a group of leaders
As the flagship institution of Louisiana, LSU is one of only 30 universities nationwide holding land-grant, sea-grant and space-grant status. Our spirit of unbreakable passion, ambition, and community leads the change the world needs.
Benefit from a flexible format
Students are able to complete the program 100% online, allowing them to balance work, family, and other life responsibilities. The program can be finished in less than a year.
Earn a certificate from a top-tier university
LSU Online proudly continues to set standards for online learning. For years we’ve been helping students find their passion and equipping them to take action. The university is regionally accredited and ranked among the top.
When you join LSU Online, you join a family that makes sure that your needs are met. You will have a dedicated Student Success Coach assigned to you from your application process all the way through to your graduation to support you in any way as a student. We help you along the way so that you can focus on performance in your classes.
Learn from experienced faculty
Developed from the Stephenson Department of Entrepreneurship & Information Systems, the analytics graduate certificate is lead by LSU’s field-experienced faculty that understand the emerging trends and changes in analytics.
Explore This Program
Total credit hours per program: 12 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $862
Total cost with fees: $10,344
LSU Online offers several ways to help you pay for your degree including credit for prior learning (PLA), financial aid, and veteran education benefits. Learn more.
The total cost above does not include transfer credit or financial aid. Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
- ISDS 7301 Descriptive Analytics | Credit Hours: 3
- ISDS 7302 Predictive Analytics | Credit Hours: 3
- ISDS 7303 Analytics Methods | Credit Hours: 3
- ISDS 7304 Visual Analytics | Credit Hours: 3
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or its foreign equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on all undergraduate and graduate work already completed. You must provide transcripts for all of the colleges you have attended (regardless of degree completion) and upload copies with your application. Only admitted applicants will be required to send one sealed copy of official transcripts from EACH college and university attended, issued by the institution directly to:
The Graduate School
Louisiana State University
114 West David Boyd
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Include an updated professional resume.
- A one page (maximum) personal perspective to describe why you want to pursue this certificate at LSU.
- One to two letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources who can speak to your capabilities and disposition. For example, if you have significant work experience in a related field, a letter from your supervisor would be appropriate. If you have strong performance in your undergraduate program, a letter from one of your professors would be appropriate. Other sources may be considered as well.
- A GRE or GMAT test score is typically required for admission. Test waivers have been allowed for candidates who meet or exceed the minimum admission requirements. You may submit your application without test scores and the program office will notify you if a waiver is granted or not.
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Analytics Manager
- Director of Analytics
- Chief Data Officer
What Will I Learn?
Students who graduate with an online graduate certificate in analytics will acquire the skills needed to understand data insights using available technology.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Data warehousing; use of big data in business; storage and retrieval of data in business; descriptive analytics for business; business intelligence tools
- Predictive analytics in business; business cases in predictive analytics; data mining use in business; industry solutions for predictive analytics
- Advanced analytics in business; designed experimentation; regression trees; causal inference; uplift models
- Data analytics; value proposition of data in business; advanced business intelligence; data visualization; dashboards in business
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU’s online Graduate Certificate in Analytics?
A certificate in analytics can help you advance your career by teaching you new skills or helping to strengthen your current skill set. With online, flexible formats and a strong support system, LSU Online makes it easier to earn your certificate while you balance home and work responsibilities.
The laptop requirements below are set forth so that students may not have any issue loading data or software to their machine.
- Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, or Education (Education is available through OnTheHub)
- 4 Core, X64, 64 Bit processor
- 16 GB RAM (16 recommended)
- 500GB Hard drive
- ATA 100/7,200 RPM hard drive is preferred but a 5,400 will work
- A graphics card supporting higher resolution than 1024×768 (32-bit). (1 GB dedicated, non-shared, memory card is recommended.)
By becoming familiar with the types of technologies taught in this program, students are given a head start in their field post-graduation. Apple Systems are not recommended as all software utilized in this course requires the Windows operating system. However, if you do decide to utilize an Apple computer you must have Windows (10 or higher) running prior to starting courses. This can be done through a partitioned hard drive or other means of split operating systems.