Online Master of Science in Analytics
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Drive Decisions with Data.
LSU’s Online Master of Science in Analytics in the E. J. Ourso College of Business is offered through the Stephenson Department of Entrepreneurship & Information Systems. It prepares students to use data-driven methods to solve problems, reduce costs, increase revenues, streamline processes, and improve decision-making. Students learn specialized skills and knowledge drawn from the fields of computer science, statistics, operations research, and quality management to achieve results through a mixture of classroom instruction, hands-on exercises, and team-based projects. The MSA graduates are equipped with the skills and expertise to become leaders in top companies across all industries such as Chevron, Dow, Disney, IBM, and SAS.
We offer a variety of ways to help you pay for your degree including financial aid, scholarships, employer tuition reimbursement, and veterans education benefits.
Receive world-class customer service through a personal coach from application to graduations.
Complete the degree 100% online and on your time while balancing work, family and other responsibilities.
Learn From The Best
LSU’s professors are recognized as thought leaders in their fields, ensuring that the online experience is as rewarding as that of an on-campus classroom.
The online MS Analytics at LSU provides students with an in-depth understanding of cutting-edge analytics techniques and technologies and the business acumen to apply them in various industries. Employers seek our graduates because they possess the skills and knowledge to extract actionable insights from complex data sets and drive informed decision-making. Whether you want to advance your current career or transition into a new field, the MS in Analytics can provide the tools to succeed in today's rapidly changing data-driven landscape.”
Dr. Edward Watson
Chairman and Professor, Stephenson Department of Entrepreneurship & Information Systems, Louisiana State University, E. J. Ourso College of Business
Explore This Program
Cost Master's in Analytics
LSU Online offers several ways to help you pay for your degree including credit for prior learning (PLA), financial aid, and veteran education benefits. Learn More.
Total credit hours per program: 36 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $862
Total cost with fees: $31,032
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Master's in Analytics
|Analytics Core||Credit Hours|
|ISDS 7301: Descriptive Analytics||3|
|ISDS 7302: Predictive Analytics||3|
|ISDS 7303: Analytics Methods||3|
|ISDS 7304: Visual Analytics||3|
|ISDS 7070: Advanced Business Problems - Python||3|
|ISDS 7510: Database Management||3|
|ISDS 7024: Advanced Statistical Analysis||3|
|ISDS 7103: Survey of Operations Research – Stochastic Methods||3|
|ISDS 7075: Ind Readings - Business Forecasting & Applications||3|
|BADM 7402: AI for Business OR BADM 7050: Information Systems||3*|
|BADM 7401: Cybersecurity for Business OR BADM 7403: Cloud Strategy||3*|
|ISDS 4070: Special Topics - Data Mining Tools||3|
*The specific elective course will be determined by the term schedule. Please consult with your advisor for details.
Admission Requirements Master's in Analytics
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or its foreign equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on all undergraduate and graduate work already completed. You must provide transcripts for all of the colleges you have attended (regardless of degree completion) and upload copies with your application. Only admitted applicants will be required to send one sealed copy of official transcripts from EACH college and university attended, issued by the institution directly to:
The Graduate School
Louisiana State University
114 West David Boyd
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Include an updated professional resume.
- A one page (maximum) personal perspective to describe why you want to pursue the MSA degree at LSU.
- One to two letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources who can speak to your capabilities and disposition. For example, if you have significant work experience in a related field, a letter from your supervisor would be appropriate. If you have strong performance in your undergraduate program, a letter from one of your professors would be appropriate. Other sources may be considered as well.
- A GRE or GMAT test score is typically required for admission. Test waivers have been allowed for candidates who meet or exceed the minimum admission requirements. You may submit your application without test scores and the program office will notify you if a waiver is granted or not.
Career Opportunities Master's in Analytics
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientists
- Management Analyst
- Operations Research Analyst
- Quantitative Analyst/ Modeler
- Market Research Analyst
Accreditation Master's in Analytics
The online Master of Science in Analytics program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What Will I Learn? Master's in Analytics
Students who graduate with an online MSA will earn valuable skills in business analytics, business intelligence, and information technology.
Topics covered in this degree program include:
- Structured query language (SQL)
- Business forecasting and applications
- Multivariate statistics
- Operations research
- Clustering and data-mining
- Design of experiments
- Predictive modeling
- Written and oral communication
- Presentation skills
- Visualization techniques
Why Choose This Program? Master's in Analytics
Why choose LSU’s online Master of Science in Analytics?
Our MSA program is a designated STEM degree that provides students the chance to engage with data-driven methods for problem-solving and decision making. The curriculum emphasizes the latest advanced data management tools such as SAS, SQL, R, SPSS, Tableau, and more. Students will also complete a team project that offers hands-on learning and relevant experience. Additionally, students who complete the program are well prepared for employment. Graduates of LSU’s MSA program have found careers in sectors including the following: consulting, healthcare, insurance, oil and gas, and telecommunications.
Equipment Requirements Master's in Analytics
The laptop requirements below are set forth so that students may not have any issue loading data or software to their machine.
- Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, or Education (Education is available through OnTheHub)
- 4 Core, X64, 64 Bit processor
- 16 GB RAM (16 recommended)
- 500GB Hard drive
- ATA 100/7,200 RPM hard drive is preferred but a 5,400 will work
- A graphics card supporting higher resolution than 1024×768 (32-bit). (1 GB dedicated, non-shared, memory card is recommended.)
By becoming familiar with the types of technologies taught in this program, students are given a head start in their field post-graduation. Apple Systems are not recommended as all software utilized in this course requires the Windows operating system. However, if you do decide to utilize an Apple computer you must have Windows (10 or higher) running prior to starting courses. This can be done through a partitioned hard drive or other means of split operating systems.