Online Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Bridge Technology and Business
Today’s business landscape is driven by data, and with the advancements in technology over the past 20 years, data has never been more accessible. Become an expert in gathering and analyzing data with the online Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics from the LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business and LSU Online. This program prepares students to gather, analyze, document, and monitor data to help streamline business processes and improve business products. Graduates from this program will be well-positioned to begin careers as data scientists, market research analysts, and business analysts.
Save Time and Money - Apply your SQL for Analytics Certificate and Tableau Certificate to earn credits towards an Online BS in Business Analytics through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Learn in a flexible format that is ideal for professionals balancing work and home responsibilities.
Earn an LSU degree learning from the same faculty teaching the on-campus courses.
Receive flat-rate tuition nationwide.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Business Analytics
The final cost of this program is determined after all transfer credits are evaluated. For the BS in Business Analytics, you are able to transfer up to 75% of previous credits. LSU Online also offers several ways to help you pay for your degree including credit for prior learning (PLA), financial aid, and veteran education benefits. Learn More.
Total credit hours for program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $379
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $11,370
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits, and no financial aid: $45,480
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online Business Analytics
The online Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics requires completion of 120 credit hours distributed as follows:
General Education Requirements: 39 Credit Hours
- ENGL 1001 English Composition | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 2000 English Composition | Credit Hours: 3
- MATH 1021 College Algebra | Credit Hours: 3
- MATH 1431 Calculus with Business and Economic Applications | Credit Hours: 3
- General Education Arts | Credit Hours: 3
- General Education Humanities | Credit Hours: 9
- General Education Natural Sciences | Credit Hours: 9
- ECON 2000 Principles of Microeconomics | Credit Hours: 3
- ECON 2010 Principles of Macroeconomics | Credit Hours: 3
Business Core Requirements: 42 Credit Hours
- ACCT 2001 Introductory Financial Accounting | Credit Hours: 3
- ACCT 2101 Introductory Managerial Accounting | Credit Hours: 3
- BLAW 3201 Business Law | Credit Hours: 3
- ISDS 1102 Introduction to Management Information Systems for Business Majors | Credit Hours: 3
- ISDS 2000 Business Statistics and Analytics I | Credit Hours: 3
- ISDS 2001 Business Statistics and Analytics II | Credit Hours: 3
- FIN 3716 Principles of Finance | Credit Hours: 3
- ECON 2035 Money, Banking and Macroeconomic Activity | Credit Hours: 3
- ISDS 3115 Introduction to Operations Management | Credit Hours: 3
- MGT 3200 Principles of Management | Credit Hours: 3
- MGT 3830 Strategic Management | Credit Hours: 3
- MKT 3401 Principles of Marketing | Credit Hours: 3
- Oral & Written Communication Requirement 1 | Credit Hours: 3
- Oral & Written Communication Requirement 2 | Credit Hours: 3
Business Analytics Core Requirements: 21 Credit Hours
- GBUS 3301 Descriptive Analytics | Credit Hours: 3
- GBUS 3302 Predictive Analytics | Credit Hours: 3
- GBUS 3304 Visual Analytics | Credit Hours: 3
- MGT 4321 Human Resource Analytics | Credit Hours: 3
- MKT 3501 Marketing Analytics I | Credit Hours: 3
- FIN 4820 Financial Modeling and Analytics | Credit Hours: 3
- ISDS 3303 Spreadsheet Modeling for Business | Credit Hours: 3
Business Elective Requirements: 9 Credit Hours
- MGT 3320 Human Resource Management | Credit Hours: 3
- Free Business Electives | Credit Hours: 6
Free Elective Requirements: 9 Credit Hours
Admission Requirements Online Business Analytics
First Time Freshman
- 3.0 Core GPA on the 19 units of college-preparatory high school courses as outlined in the LSU Core
- 1030 Old SAT (Critical Reading and Math)/1100 New SAT (Evidence Based Reading/Writing and Math)/23 Composite ACT
- Must be eligible to enroll in university-level English and mathematics courses, as evidenced by a minimum ACT English subscore of 18 (a New SAT Writing and Language score of 25 or Old SAT Critical Reading score of 450) and a minimum ACT Math subscore of 19 (a New SAT score of 500 or Old SAT Critical Reading score of 460)
Transfer Student General Admission Requirements
- 30* or more transferable (academic, non-remedial) credit hours from a regionally-accredited college or university
- 2.5 academic GPA on all transferable college work attempted
- A grade of “C” or better in a college-level English course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
- A grade of “C” or better in a college-level Math course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
*Students who will not have 30 transferable credit hours by the time they plan to enroll at LSU can still be considered for admission if they meet all remaining transfer requirements.
To see about transfer credits please check out the TIGER TRANSFER TABLES.
Re-Entry Student Admission Requirements
Students interested in applying for re-entry to LSU must have a 2.0 GPA on all LSU coursework and must meet the requirements for their prospective senior college. Students who have attempted 30 or more hours at another institution must also have a 2.5 cumulative GPA on all college work attempted. For your senior college specific requirements please check out the Re-Entry Student Requirements per College.
If you feel like you do not meet any of the above qualifications please reach out to your Enrollment Coach team member as there are different evaluation pathways for non-traditional students to take.
Undergraduate students who are reviewed and admitted by meeting LSU A&M general admissions requirements but do not meet the admittance requirements to a senior college have two admissions options:
Students can start with The University College Center for Freshman Year (UCFY). This academic unit is designed for new freshmen and some transfer and re-entry students. Their mission is to prepare incoming students for success at LSU and to help define their academic and career goals. Students typically exit the UCFY at the conclusion of the freshman year and enter one of the degree-granting senior colleges at LSU.
Students can start with The Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC). This administrative unit serves as the academic home for students who have attempted 30-plus hours of college credit and who do not yet meet the admission requirements for one of the University’s degree-granting senior colleges.
For a list of specific senior college requirements please visit the LSU A&M Undergraduate Admission page.
Career Opportunities Online Business Analytics
- business analyst
- market research analyst
- quantitative analyst
- process analyst
- systems analyst
- operations research analyst
What Will I Learn? Online Business Analytics
Students enrolled in our business analytics bachelor’s degree program will gain the skills to sort through large datasets to make actionable business decisions that improve efficiency and increase profits.
Topics covered in this degree include:
- Data warehousing; use of big data in business; storage and retrieval of data in business
- Business cases in predictive analytics; data mining use in business
- Data analytics; value proposition of data in business
- Application of quantitative methods to contemporary issues and practices in human resources management
- Introduction to marketing analytics with a focus on the processes, techniques, and tools used in the acquisition
Why Choose This Program? Online Business Analytics
Why choose LSU’s online Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics?
The flexible bachelor’s degree program from the LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business is ideal for those who want to begin a career in a growing industry. The degree offers students a rigorous, high-quality educational experience that can be completed when and where they choose. Additionally, all students receive affordable, flat-rate tuition across the nation.