Online Bachelor of Science in General Business with a concentration in Business Analytics
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Jump-Start Your Career in Business Analytics
The online Bachelor of Science in General Business with a concentration in Business Analytics is offered through LSU Online and the LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business. Students will gain foundational business skills while acquiring technical competencies in data analytics, focused on the four main components of analytics: preparative analytics, descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics. Graduates will be able to explain and apply the complete cycle of data analytics, including business understanding, data understanding, data preparation, model building, model evaluation, and model deployment. Graduates will also be able to create charts, graphs, and dashboards that effectively communicate insights to stakeholders. This degree’s career opportunities include management consultant, quantitative analyst, operations research analyst, market research analyst, and business intelligence analyst.
Find Your Fit! - LSU Online offers multiple undergraduate business administration programs.
Earn an LSU degree learning from the same faculty teaching the on-campus courses from anywhere in the world.
Apply your SQL for Analytics Certificate and Tableau Certificate to earn credits towards this degree. Learn more.
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Join more than 250,000 alumni worldwide from the flagship institution of Louisiana.
Explore This Program
Cost Online General Business Analytics
The final cost of this program is determined after all transfer credits are evaluated. LSU Online offers financial aid to those who qualify. Click here to learn more.
Total credit hours for program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $379
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $11,370
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits, and no financial aid: $45,480
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online General Business Analytics
General Education: 39 Total Credit Hours
|ENGL 1001 English Composition||3|
|ENGL 2000 English Composition||3|
|MATH 1021 College Algebra||3|
|MATH 1431 Calculus with Business and Economic Applications||3|
|General Education course - Arts||3|
|General Education course - Humanities||9|
|General Education course - Natural Sciences||9|
|ECON 2000 Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|ECON 2010 Principles of Macroeconomics
Business Core: 42 Total Credit Hours
|ISDS 1102: Introduction to Management Information Systems for Business Majors||3|
|ACCT 2001: Introductory Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 2101: Introductory Managerial Accounting||3|
|ECON 2035: Money, Banking and Macroeconomic Activity||3|
|ISDS 2000: Business Statistics and Analytics I||3|
|ISDS 2001: Business Statistics and Analytics II||3|
|ISDS 3115: Introduction to Operations Management||3|
|ECON 2000 Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|FIN 3716: Principles of Finance
|MGT 3200: Principles of Management
|MKT 3401: Principles of Marketing
|MGT 3830: Strategic Management
|BLAW 3201: Business Law
|GBUS 3061: Business Communication & Professional Development
|CMST 2061: Communication for Business and the Professions
Business Electives with One Concentration: 30 Total Credit Hours
Students must take seven junior and senior-level business courses (totaling 21 credit hours) with courses from at least four different academic disciplines within the E. J. Ourso College of Business. Students enrolled in the Business Analytics concentration must take the below electives:
|GBUS 3301 Descriptive Analytics||3|
|GBUS 3302 Predictive Analytics||3|
|GBUS 3304 Visual Analytics||3|
Open Electives: 9 Credits
Total: 120 Credits
Admission Requirements Online General Business Analytics
First Time Freshman
- 3.0 Core GPA on the 19 units of college-preparatory high school courses as outlined in the LSU Core
- 1030 Old SAT (Critical Reading and Math)/1100 New SAT (Evidence Based Reading/Writing and Math)/23 Composite ACT
- Must be eligible to enroll in university-level English and mathematics courses, as evidenced by a minimum ACT English subscore of 18 (a New SAT Writing and Language score of 25 or Old SAT Critical Reading score of 450) and a minimum ACT Math subscore of 19 (a New SAT score of 500 or Old SAT Critical Reading score of 460)
Transfer Student General Admission Requirements
- 30* or more transferable (academic, non-remedial) credit hours from a regionally-accredited college or university
- 2.5 academic GPA on all transferable college work attempted
- A grade of “C” or better in a college-level English course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
- A grade of “C” or better in a college-level Math course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
*Students who will not have 30 transferable credit hours by the time they plan to enroll at LSU can still be considered for admission if they meet all remaining transfer requirements.
To see about transfer credits please check out the TIGER TRANSFER TABLES.
Re-Entry Student Admission Requirements
Students interested in applying for re-entry to LSU must have a 2.0 GPA on all LSU coursework and must meet the requirements for their prospective senior college. Students who have attempted 30 or more hours at another institution must also have a 2.5 cumulative GPA on all college work attempted. For your senior college specific requirements please check out the Re-Entry Student Requirements per College.
If you feel like you do not meet any of the above qualifications please reach out to your Enrollment Coach team member as there are different evaluation pathways for non-traditional students to take.
Undergraduate students who are reviewed and admitted by meeting LSU A&M general admissions requirements but do not meet the admittance requirements to a senior college have two admissions options:
Students can start with The University College Center for Freshman Year (UCFY). This academic unit is designed for new freshmen and some transfer and re-entry students. Their mission is to prepare incoming students for success at LSU and to help define their academic and career goals. Students typically exit the UCFY at the conclusion of the freshman year and enter one of the degree-granting senior colleges at LSU.
Students can start with The Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC). This administrative unit serves as the academic home for students who have attempted 30-plus hours of college credit and who do not yet meet the admission requirements for one of the University’s degree-granting senior colleges.
For a list of specific senior college requirements please visit the LSU A&M Undergraduate Admission page.
Career Opportunities Online General Business Analytics
- management consultant
- quantitative analyst
- operations research analyst
- market research analyst
- business intelligence analyst
Accreditation Online General Business Analytics
The online business analytics program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
What Will I Learn? Online General Business Analytics
Students enrolled in our online BS in business analytics program will gain a comprehensive business education that includes a focus on organizational data and reporting.
Topics covered in this degree include:
- Role of information technology in business including the development and use of information systems, hardware and software, the strategic impact of IT for businesses and the nature of the IT career
- Financial accounting with emphasis on knowledge required for completion of the accounting cycle, including income measurement and financial statement preparation
- Principles and methods of accounting primarily concerned with data gathering and presentation for purposes of internal management evaluation and decision-making
- Role of commercial banks, other financial institutions and the central bank in affecting the performance of the economy
- Descriptive analytics; sampling, probabilities and distributions, sampling distributions
- Principles and methodologies concerning productivity and quality of manufacturing and service organizations
- Principles of risk & return, time value of money, valuation, and market efficiency
- Marketing environment, functions, and institutional structure at a macro level; marketing strategy and policies at a micro level
Why Choose This Program? Online General Business Analytics
Why choose LSU’s online Bachelor of Science in General Business with a concentration in Business Analytics?
LSU’s online business analytics degree prepares students with the skills to improve business performance and evaluate the effectiveness of an organization’s campaigns or employees. This bachelor’s degree is flexible and competitively affordable. We aim to provide a learning format that allows students to complete coursework and exams on their own schedule. Additionally, students can finish the degree in less time with our prior learning credit program. Professionals can earn credit toward their degrees for certifications in SQL for Analytics and Tableau.
Comparison Online General Business Programs
The LSU family of institutions offers several Online Undergraduate Business degree choices. Find your path among focus areas like analytics & digital marketing. Learn more here: Online Undergraduate Business