Online Bachelor of General Studies – Humanities
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Develop Critical Thinking Skills and Learn to Think Beyond Traditional Boundaries
Designed for students interested in interdisciplinary education, LSU Alexandria’s online Bachelor of General Studies with a Concentration in Humanities allows students to design their own course of study with a focus on one or more humanities disciplines, including English, history, philosophy, religion, communication studies, and foreign languages. Students will sharpen their critical thinking abilities, learn to think beyond traditional boundaries and acquire the transferable skills necessary for careers in business, education, library, and archival services, media relations, and public administration.
A program that fits your needs
The online Bachelor of General Studies with a concentration in Humanities serves the needs of students who wish to customize their course of study and develop their knowledge in one or more humanities disciplines.
Learn from the best
Our award-winning faculty has been making a global impact, both inside and outside of the classroom, since 1860. Their research is directly affecting how we address the world’s greatest challenges. These are the very same faculty members teaching in the online classes.
Earn a degree on your time
LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Humanities
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. For this program, you are able to transfer up to 90 credits.
Total credit hours per program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour (with fees): $291
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $8,730
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits and no financial aid: $34,920
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online Humanities
General Education Courses
- English Composition I | Credit hours: 3
- English Composition II | Credit hours: 3
- General Education Social Sciences | Credit hours: 6
- General Education MATH | Credit hours: 6
- General Education Natural Sciences | Credit hours: 9
- General Ed. Communication Studies | Credit hours: 3
- General Education History | Credit hours: 3
- General Education Humanities | Credit hours: 3
- General Education Fine Arts | Credit hours: 3
Area of Concentration
Students pursuing a Bachelor of General Studies – Humanities can choose any of the Humanities and must complete 27 credit hours:
- Communication Studies
- Foreign Languages
Students must complete 30 credit hours of electives.
Admission Requirements Online Humanities
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
Career Opportunities Online Humanities
- Community Health Worker
- Public Relations Specialist
- Probation Officer
What Will I Learn? Online Humanities
Students enrolled in this degree program will gain a broad liberal arts education that helps them develop practical skills for several different career pathways. Since students have the flexibility of choosing the courses in their degree, the coursework will vary.
Student learning outcomes:
- Graduates with the Bachelor of General Studies degree will meet the competencies in General Education established by the university for all baccalaureate degrees.
- Graduates with the Bachelor of General Studies degree will meet the competencies for the Area of Concentration established by their respective departments.
Why Choose This Program? Online Humanities
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of General Studies with a concentration in Humanities?
The affordable, 100% online Bachelor of General Studies - Humanities degree program is designed for students interested in interdisciplinary education in the study of human society. The flexibility of the program is ideal for students who desire to choose their own educational path and design their own course of study. Additionally, the program is valuable for students who change college majors late in their academic careers, return to college with new career interests, attend college irregularly or at night, or desire to pursue a non-traditional degree program for personal enrichment.