Online Associate of General Studies
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Fulfill Cultural or Vocational Objectives with Two Years of College Coursework.
Advance your skill set with an Associate of General Studies degree from LSU Eunice Online in as few as two years. The AGS offers a focused curriculum with subjects such as liberal arts, or business to develop for a number of in-demand careers. Or, pursue your goal of further studying for a baccalaureate degree. Whether you are looking to strengthen your career knowledge or pursue a baccalaureate degree, the curriculum of the online AGS program is ideal for students who wish to fulfill cultural or vocational objectives with two years of college coursework.
Join the family of LSU campuses, offering nationally-ranked programs from campuses in Alexandria, Eunice and Shreveport, as well as the state flagship institution in Baton Rouge.
Save Time and Money - With Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), earn college credit with certifications through the US Marine Corps, the US Navy, Associate Professional in Human Resources, Professional in Human Resources, PMP, Amazon Web Services, and LSU Online MicroCred® programs.
Get a jump start
The Associate of General Studies Degree is ideal if your goal is to continue studying for a baccalaureate degree.
Earn a degree on your time
Earning the online Associate of General Studies Transfer Degree allows students to complete their coursework while balancing work, family, and other responsibilities.
Throughout your entire academic journey, a personal Leaner Coach will be available to answer questions and offer encouragement.
Explore This Program
Total credit hours per program: 60 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $260
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $3,900
Total cost with fees: $15,600
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. Transfer credits may apply for up to 75% of degree requirements. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your LSUE degree.
For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
The total cost above does not include transfer credit or financial aid. Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Required Courses (39 credits)
- ENGL 1001 English Composition I | Credit hours: 3
- ENGL 1002 English Composition II | Credit hours: 3
- MATH 1015 Applied College Algebra | Credit hours: 3
- MATH 1425 Elementary Statistics | Credit hours: 3
- BIOL 1001 General Biology I | Credit hours: 3
- ENVS 1126 Introduction to Environmental Sciences | Credit hours: 3
- HIST 1001 History of Western Civilization to 1500 | Credit hours: 3
- CMST 1061 Fundamentals of Communication Studies | Credit hours: 3
- ENGL 2020 Survey of English Literature to 1798 | Credit hours: 3
- MUS 1751 Music Appreciation | Credit hours: 3
- SOCL 2001 Introduction to Sociology | Credit hours: 3
- POLS 2051 Current Social Problems | Credit hours: 3
- PSYC 2000 Introduction to Psychology | Credit hours: 3
Electives (*21 Credits; Students Choose 7 courses from the list below)
- BADM 1001 Intro to Business | Credit hours: 3
- ENGL 2002 Business Writing | Credit hours: 3
- CMST 2010 Interpersonal Communication | Credit hours: 3
- PHIL 1000 Intro to Philosophy | Credit hours: 3
- ECON 2010 Principles of Macroeconomics | Credit hours: 3
- GEOG 1001 Human Geography: World Regional Geography | Credit hours: 3
- SOCL 2501 Current Social Problems | Credit hours: 3
- ECON 2000 Principles of Microeconomics | Credit hours: 3
*NOTE: Students who need to take BADM 1001 will only complete 18 credits in the elective category to total overall program credit of 60 credits.
Requirements for Freshmen
Applicants for admission to the freshman class are normally required to submit scores on the American College Test (ACT) in order to be placed at the appropriate levels in freshman courses, for counseling, and for selection of scholarship recipients.
Graduates of state-approved high schools or those who hold a G.E.D or HiSET and have not attended another college or university will be considered for admission when they have made application.
Louisiana residents who are not graduates of state-approved high schools and have not attended another college or university may apply for admission by submitting their G.E.D. or HiSET transcript.
Louisiana residents who have graduated from a high school not approved by the State Department of Education or who do not have a G.E.D. or HiSET can be admitted under the Ability to Benefit provision.
Requirements for Transfer Students
Applicants must have satisfactory records in other colleges and universities to apply for admission.
Louisiana residents who have attempted fewer than 12 hours of college credit will be considered on the same basis as a student who earns a similar record at LSU Eunice.
All transfer students must be eligible to re-enroll at the last college or university last attended.
For additional information on admission requirements, please visit LSUE's Admission Portal.
- Customer Service Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Financial Clerk
- Property Manager
- Insurance Sales Agent
- Retail Sales Worker
- Travel Agent
- Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representative
- Human Resources Assistant
What Will I Learn?
Students enrolled in the online general studies program will have the chance to choose from a wide choice of subjects. With the aid of a faculty advisor, students may construct a program in accordance with their own objectives, as long as they meet the basic requirements.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Earn an Associate of General Studies degree with a significant general education core
- Take a variety of courses that can be tailored to your goals
- Begin and complete a post-secondary education through online degree courses, accelerated learning formats, and prior learning assessments
- Develop your knowledge and skills
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU Eunice’s online Associate of General Studies?
LSUE’s general studies degree allows you to tailor your education to your specific personal or career goals. However, regardless of the educational path you choose, completing this program will help you develop the skills necessary to pursue a bachelor’s degree or work in various positions that typically require organization, communication, and critical thinking.