Online Associate of Arts in Humanities
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Set the Versatile Foundation for Your Future
Broaden your worldview in two years by earning the online Associate of Arts in Humanities, offered through LSU Eunice and LSU Online. Offered in the Division of Liberal Arts, this well-rounded program covers communication, history, literature, and philosophy. Graduates will be equipped for entry-level careers in a variety of fields, including business, social services, and the arts. With this degree, also known as the Associate of Arts Louisiana Transfer, students may seamlessly transfer their successfully completed 60 credit hours to earning a bachelor's degree at the junior-year level at a 4-year public university in Louisiana. Additionally, students enrolled in the online Associate of Arts have the option (as needed) to experience a more personalized approach with continual staff engagement through the nationally-recognized Pathways to Success program.
Experience dedicated support from a personal coach.
Receive flat-rate tuition nationwide.
Flexible formats allow you to join the LSU community from anywhere.
Seamlessly transfer your completed Associate Degree to earn your Bachelor’s.
Explore This Program
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. For this program, you are able to transfer up to 45 hours (eligible to transfer).
Total credit hours: 60 credit hours
Cost per credit hour (with fees): $213
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of eligible credits allowed to transfer into the program: $3,195
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits, and no financial aid: $12,780
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
- ENGL 1001 English Comp | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 1002 English Comp | Credit Hours: 3
- MATH 1015 Applied College Algebra | Credit Hours: 3
- MATH 1425 Elementary Statistics | Credit Hours: 3
- BIOL 1001 General Biology | Credit Hours: 3
- BIOL 1002 General Biology | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 1126 Intro to Environmental Sciences | Credit Hours: 3
- PHIL 1000 Introduction to Philosophy | Credit Hours: 3
- HIST 1001 Western Civilization to 1500 | Credit Hours: 3
- HIST 1003 Western Civilization since 1500 | Credit Hours: 3
- CMST 1061 Fundamentals of Communication | Credit Hours: 3
- CMST 2010 Interpersonal Communication | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 2020 A Survey of English LIT from the Beginnings to 1798 | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 2022 Survey of English Literature from 1798 to the Present | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 2072 American Literature II: Coming of Age | Credit Hours: 3
- MUS 1751 Music Appreciation | Credit Hours: 3
- SOCL 2001 Introductory Sociology | Credit Hours: 3
- POLS 2051 American Government | Credit Hours: 3
- SOCL 2501 Current Social Problems | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC 2000 Introduction to Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
Requirements for Freshmen
Applicants for admission to the freshman class are normally required to submit scores on the American College Test (ACT) in order to be placed at the appropriate levels in freshman courses, for counseling, and for selection of scholarship recipients.
Graduates of state-approved high schools or those who hold a G.E.D or HiSET and have not attended another college or university will be considered for admission when they have made application.
Louisiana residents who are not graduates of state-approved high schools and have not attended another college or university may apply for admission by submitting their G.E.D. or HiSET transcript.
Louisiana residents who have graduated from a high school not approved by the State Department of Education or who do not have a G.E.D. or HiSET can be admitted under the Ability to Benefit provision.
Requirements for Transfer Students
Applicants must have satisfactory records in other colleges and universities to apply for admission.
Louisiana residents who have attempted fewer than 12 hours of college credit will be considered on the same basis as a student who earns a similar record at LSU Eunice.
All transfer students must be eligible to re-enroll at the last college or university last attended.
For additional information on admission requirements, please visit LSUE's Admission Portal.
- Social Services Worker
- Project Manager
- Office Assistant
- Museum Guide
- Community Health Worker
- Advertising Sales Agent
What Will I Learn?
Students enrolled in the online Associate of Arts in Humanities program will acquire a solid education in the humanities.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Earn an Associate of Arts degree with a significant general education core, designed to also serve as preparatory education for transfer to a related bachelor’s program
- Take a variety of general education and major-specific courses as part of the Associate of Art Louisiana Transfer degree program
- Begin and complete a post-secondary education through online degree courses, accelerated learning formats, and prior learning assessments
- Develop your knowledge and skills in the humanities
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU Eunice’s online Associate of Arts in Humanities?
LSUE’s online associate degree in humanities allows you to take courses that will support many different career pathways. If you’re interested in earning a bachelor’s degree, you can transfer your completed credit hours to a 4-year public university in Louisiana. This process offers a more affordable way to reach your educational goals.