Online Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration with a concentration in Sport Commerce
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Master the Business Side of Sports
Every sports program requires a strong organizational system dedicated to success, and the most successful programs are spearheaded by innovative leaders willing to improve, or build, an inspiring business. The online Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration with a concentration in Sport Commerce focuses on sport as a business enterprise.
It equips students with the fundamental principles in business and management across various aspects of the sports industry. Graduates will be well equipped to start a career in professional sports organizations, such as teams in the NCAA, NFL, NBA, and MLB, and other professional organizations such as ESPN.
Save Time and Money - Apply your certifications with The United States Sports Academy and National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) to gain credits towards an Online BS in Sport Administration through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Value Colleges.
Save time and money by transferring up to 75% of previous credits.
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Learn from a university with a proven athletics program.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Sport Commerce
You may be able to find savings and earn credit from previous work or training, or as demonstrated by your industry certifications, through Prior Learning Assessment.
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. For the BS in Sport Administration program, you are able to transfer up to 75% of previous credits. LSU Online also offers financial aid to qualified applicants. Click here to learn more.
Total credit hours per program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $379
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $11,370
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits, and no financial aid: $45,480
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online Sport Commerce
Sport Admin Core (39 Credits)
- KIN - 2510 Introduction to Sport and Leisure Administration | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 2501 History and Philosophy of Kinesiology | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 2530 Sport in Society | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 2513 Professional Development in Sport Administration | Credit Hours: 3
- ACCT - 2000 Survey of Accounting | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 3800 Ethical and Legal Issues in Sport | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 3801 Sport Strategies and Planning | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 3802 Program and Event Management | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 3804 Financial Issues in Sport | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 4513 Facilities Management | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 4518 Governance and Policy Development in Sport | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 4835 Practicum in Sport and Leisure Administration | Credit Hours: 6*
Sport Commerce Concentration (12 credits)
- ISDS - 1100 Introduction to Management Information Systems | Credit Hours: 3
- MGT - 3200 Principles of Management | Credit Hours: 3
- MKT - 3401 Principles of Marketing | Credit Hours: 3
- FIN - 3715 Business Finance | Credit Hours: 3
Sport Admin Concentration Electives (12 credits)
- CMST - 2061 Communication for Business and the Professions | Credit Hours: 3
- BLAW - 3201 Business Law | Credit Hours: 3
- ELRC - 4507 Computer Technology in Education | Credit Hours: 3
- MC - 2000 Introduction to Mass Media | Credit Hours: 3
Free Electives (18 credits)
- KIN - 3805 Sales and Sponsorship in Sport | Credit Hours: 3
- MC - 2025 The Business of Entertainment Media | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC - 2000 Introduction to Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
- MC - 3333 Multiculturalism in Media | Credit Hours: 3
- CMST - 3118 Intercultural Communication | Credit Hours: 3
- MC - 4971 Intercultural Communication with Health | Credit Hours: 3
In order to graduate a student must complete 39 general education credits including 9 credits in natural sciences, 9 credits in humanities, 6 credits in English composition, 6 credits in analytical reasoning, 6 credits in social sciences, and 3 credits in arts.
*All students completing KIN 4835 will need to complete 300 hours at an approved facility over the course of either a single 7-week module or two consecutive 7-week modules. There is potential for the student to complete those hours at their current place of employment at the approval of the department, provided that it is related to the sport industry. LSU does not place students in internships at their specific locations but is able to serve as a resource to identify potential locations to intern in the students' general area.
Admission Requirements Online Sport Commerce
First Time Freshman
- 3.0 Core GPA on the 19 units of college-preparatory high school courses as outlined in the LSU Core
- 1030 Old SAT (Critical Reading and Math)/1100 New SAT (Evidence Based Reading/Writing and Math)/23 Composite ACT
- Must be eligible to enroll in university-level English and Mathematics courses, as evidenced by a minimum ACT English subscore of 18 (a New SAT Writing and Language score of 25 or Old SAT Critical Reading score of 450) and a minimum ACT Math subscore of 19 (a New SAT score of 500 or Old SAT Critical Reading score of 460)
Transfer Student General Admission Requirements
- 30* or more transferable (academic, non-remedial) credit hours from a regionally-accredited college or university
- 2.5 academic GPA on all transferable college work attempted
- A grade of “C” or better in a college-level English course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
- A grade of “C” or better in a college-level Math course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
*Students who will not have 30 transferable credit hours by the time they plan to enroll at LSU can still be considered for admission if they meet all remaining transfer requirements.
To see about transfer credits please check out the TIGER TRANSFER TABLES
Re-Entry Student Admission Requirements
- Students interested in applying for re-entry to LSU must have a 2.0 GPA on all LSU coursework and must meet the requirements for their prospective senior college. Students who have attempted 30 or more hours at another institution must also have a 2.5 cumulative GPA on all college work attempted. For your senior college specific requirements please check out the Re-Entry Student Requirements per College.
If you feel like you do not meet any of the above qualifications please reach out to your Enrollment Coach team member as there are different evaluation pathways for non-traditional students to take.
Undergraduate students who are reviewed and admitted by meeting LSU A&M general admissions requirements but do not meet the admittance requirements to a senior college have two admissions options:
Students can start with The University College Center for Freshman Year (UCFY). This academic unit is designed for new freshmen and some transfer and re-entry students. Their mission is to prepare incoming students for success at LSU and to help define their academic and career goals. Students typically exit the UCFY at the conclusion of the freshman year and enter one of the degree-granting senior colleges at LSU.
Students can start with The Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC). This administrative unit serves as the academic home for students who have attempted 30-plus hours of college credit and who do not yet meet the admission requirements for one of the University’s degree-granting senior colleges.
For a list of specific senior college requirements please visit the LSU A&M Undergraduate Admission page.
Career Opportunities Online Sport Commerce
- Sports Coach
- Event Coordinator
- Director of Youth Sports
- Sports Agent
- Public Relations Manager
- Administrative Supervisor
- Media Relations Director
- General Manager
- Director of Corporate Partnerships
- Associate Director of Marketing
- Assistant Director of Facilities
Accreditation Online Sport Commerce
The Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
What Will I Learn? Online Sport Commerce
Students who graduate with an online sport commerce degree will be prepared to manage the business side of sport administration.
Topics covered in this degree include:
- An introduction to the academic and professional field of sport administration
- The interdisciplinary study of sport as a mirror of society reflecting the dynamics of human social existence
- The expanding role of information technology in organizations including the development and use of information systems
- Management functions, including planning, organizing, staffing/human resource management, leading/interpersonal influence and controlling in both domestic and international spheres
- The field of marketing; marketing environment, functions, and institutional structure at a macro level; marketing strategy and policies at a micro level; problems of cost and productivity; view points of society, consumer and marketing manager
- Communication used in business and professional organizations; proposal presentations, group decision making, parliamentary procedure and interviewing
- Development of Anglo-American common law, the American constitutional system, and the Louisiana civil law system; law of contracts, torts and agency; business aspects of criminal law; ethical facets of the legal environment; case materials used to demonstrate problem analysis
Why Choose This Program? Online Sport Commerce
Why choose LSU’s online Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration with a concentration in Sport Commerce?
The online sport commerce degree from LSU provides students a solid foundation to begin a professional career in sport administration. The program offers students the chance to become business leaders through comprehensive training and education. Coursework is 100% online and flexible, making it convenient for students to balance work and home responsibilities. Additionally, students can apply previously earned certifications with The United States Sports Academy and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) to gain credits towards this degree through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).