Online Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration with a concentration in Sport Leadership
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Join a Winning Team on Your Own Turf
In the world of sports, what happens off the field makes the game possible. The online Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration with a concentration in Sport Leadership equips students with knowledge, skills, and key principles needed to become leaders within the sports industry. This pathway provides specialized training required to lead, manage, coach, and motivate others effectively. With an Online BS in Sport Administration, students will obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to begin a career in sports management and work in a sports industry sector that most interests them. Graduates will be well equipped to start a career in professional sports organizations, such as teams in the NCAA, NFL, NBA, and MLB, and other professional organizations such as ESPN.
Save Time and Money - Apply your certifications with The United States Sports Academy and National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) to gain credits towards an Online BS in Sport Administration through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Value Colleges.
Save time and money by transferring up to 75% of previous credits.
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Learn from a university with a proven athletics program.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Sport Leadership
You may be able to find savings and earn credit from previous work or training, or as demonstrated by your industry certifications, through Prior Learning Assessment.
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. For the BS in Sport Administration program, you are able to transfer up to 75% of previous credits. LSU Online also offers financial aid to qualified applicants. Click here to learn more.
Total credit hours per program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $379
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $11,370
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits, and no financial aid: $45,480
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online Sport Leadership
Sport Admin Core (39 Credits)
- KIN - 2510 Introduction to Sport and Leisure Administration | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 2501 History and Philosophy of Kinesiology | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 2530 Sport in Society | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 2513 Professional Development in Sport Administration | Credit Hours: 3
- ACCT - 2000 Survey of Accounting | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 3800 Ethical and Legal Issues in Sport | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 3801 Sport Strategies and Planning | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 3802 Program and Event Management | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 3804 Financial Issues in Sport | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 4513 Facilities Management | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 4518 Governance and Policy Development in Sport | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 4835 Practicum in Sport and Leisure Administration | Credit Hours: 6*
Sport Leadership Concentration (12 credits)
- LHRD - 2723 Introduction to Leadership Development | Credit Hours: 3
- LHRD - 3723 Leadership Concepts and Principles | Credit Hours: 3
- ISDS - 1100 Introduction to Management Information Systems | Credit Hours: 3
- KIN - 4517 Sports Administration | Credit Hours: 3
Sport Admin Concentration Electives (12 credits)
- CMST - 2061 Communication for Business and the Professions | Credit Hours: 3
- BLAW - 3201 Business Law | Credit Hours: 3
- ELRC - 4507 Computer Technology in Education | Credit Hours: 3
- MC - 2000 Introduction to Mass Media | Credit Hours: 3
Free Electives (18 credits)
- KIN - 3805 Sales and Sponsorship in Sport | Credit Hours: 3
- MC - 2025 The Business of Entertainment Media | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC - 2000 Introduction to Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
- MC - 3333 Multiculturalism in Media | Credit Hours: 3
- CMST - 3118 Intercultural Communication | Credit Hours: 3
- MC - 4971 Intercultural Communication with Health | Credit Hours: 3
In order to graduate a student must complete 39 general education credits including 9 credits in natural sciences, 9 credits in humanities, 6 credits in English composition, 6 credits in analytical reasoning, 6 credits in social sciences, and 3 credits in arts.
*All students completing KIN 4835 will need to complete 300 hours at an approved facility over the course of either a single 7-week module or two consecutive 7-week modules. There is potential for the student to complete those hours at their current place of employment at the approval of the department, provided that it is related to the sport industry. LSU does not place students in internships at their specific locations but is able to serve as a resource to identify potential locations to intern in the students' general area.
Admission Requirements Online Sport Leadership
First Time Freshman
- 3.0 Core GPA on the 19 units of college-preparatory high school courses as outlined in the LSU Core
- 1030 Old SAT (Critical Reading and Math)/1100 New SAT (Evidence Based Reading/Writing and Math)/23 Composite ACT
- Must be eligible to enroll in university-level English and Mathematics courses, as evidenced by a minimum ACT English subscore of 18 (a New SAT Writing and Language score of 25 or Old SAT Critical Reading score of 450) and a minimum ACT Math subscore of 19 (a New SAT score of 500 or Old SAT Critical Reading score of 460)
Transfer Student General Admission Requirements
- 30* or more transferable (academic, non-remedial) credit hours from a regionally-accredited college or university
- 2.5 academic GPA on all transferable college work attempted
- A grade of “C” or better in a college-level English course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
- A grade of “C” or better in a college-level Math course that fulfilled a general education requirement at the institution where it was taken
*Students who will not have 30 transferable credit hours by the time they plan to enroll at LSU can still be considered for admission if they meet all remaining transfer requirements.
To see about transfer credits please check out the TIGER TRANSFER TABLES
Re-Entry Student Admission Requirements
- Students interested in applying for re-entry to LSU must have a 2.0 GPA on all LSU coursework and must meet the requirements for their prospective senior college. Students who have attempted 30 or more hours at another institution must also have a 2.5 cumulative GPA on all college work attempted. For your senior college specific requirements please check out the Re-Entry Student Requirements per College.
If you feel like you do not meet any of the above qualifications please reach out to your Enrollment Coach team member as there are different evaluation pathways for non-traditional students to take.
Undergraduate students who are reviewed and admitted by meeting LSU A&M general admissions requirements but do not meet the admittance requirements to a senior college have two admissions options:
Students can start with The University College Center for Freshman Year (UCFY). This academic unit is designed for new freshmen and some transfer and re-entry students. Their mission is to prepare incoming students for success at LSU and to help define their academic and career goals. Students typically exit the UCFY at the conclusion of the freshman year and enter one of the degree-granting senior colleges at LSU.
Students can start with The Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC). This administrative unit serves as the academic home for students who have attempted 30-plus hours of college credit and who do not yet meet the admission requirements for one of the University’s degree-granting senior colleges.
For a list of specific senior college requirements please visit the LSU A&M Undergraduate Admission page.
Career Opportunities Online Sport Leadership
- Sports coach
- Event coordinator
- Director of youth sports
- Sports agent
- Public relations manager
- Administrative supervisor
- Media relations director
- General manager
- Director of corporate partnerships
- Associate director of marketing
- Assistant director of facilities
Accreditation Online Sport Leadership
The Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
What Will I Learn? Online Sport Leadership
Students who graduate with an online sport leadership degree will be prepared to handle the financial and administrative challenges within the world of sport administration. Students will also develop the leadership capabilities needed to move ahead in their careers.
Topics covered in this degree include:
- Introduction to leadership and leadership development; emphasis on students understanding their personal traits, values, characteristics and development tasks as a foundation for leadership development
- Survey of leadership theory, concepts and research; emphasis on understanding the foundational concepts of modern leadership
- The expanding role of information technology in organizations, including the development and use of information systems, hardware and software, the strategic impact of IT and the nature of the IT career
- Policies and practices in the administration of athletic programs in academic settings
Why Choose This Program? Online Sport Leadership
Why choose LSU’s online Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration with a concentration in Sport Leadership?
The online sport leadership degree from LSU provides students with the necessary skills to open a wide variety of career doors. This prestigious, 100% online program offers students the tools to become effective leaders and administrators in the field. Students may also apply their previously earned certifications with The United States Sports Academy and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) to gain credits towards this degree through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).