Online Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a concentration in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Improve Performance and Productivity
Start supporting healthy and productive work environments with LSU Alexandria's online Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a concentration in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. This 100% online program explores the behavior of individuals in business and organizational settings, through a robust curriculum that combines interdisciplinary studies, psychology methods, and business processes. Students of the program will focus on the many business functions that benefit from a psychological perspective such as motivating talent, developing leadership skills, and accessing departments to improve its overall effectiveness. Additionally, LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students. Graduates are equipped for a wide range of careers including marketing, management, human resources, and sales, as well as the option to pursue a graduate program.
The industry’s demand for industrial/organizational psychologists is expected to grow 8% from 2018 to 2028 according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
In this 100% online program, you can earn your degree on your time while balancing work, family, and other responsibilities.
Receive world-class customer service through a personal coach from application to graduation.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
Explore This Program
Total credit hours per program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $325
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $9,750
Total cost with fees: $39,000
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. Transfer credits may apply for up to 75% of degree requirements. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your LSUA degree. For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
LSU Online offers financial aid to those who qualify.
The total cost above does not include transfer credit or financial aid. Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
|General Education||Credit Hours|
|ENGL 1001 English Composition||3|
|ENGL 1002 English Composition II||3|
|General Education Social Science||6|
|MATH 1021 College Algebra||3|
|General Education Mathematics||3|
|General Education Biology||3|
|General Education Natural Sciences||6|
|General Education Communication Studies||3|
|General Education Humanities||6|
|General Education History||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||39|
|Core Major Courses||Credit Hours|
|PSYC 2000 Introduction to Psychology||3|
|PSYC 3001 Cultural Diversity||3|
|PSYC 3800 Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Psychology||3|
|PSYC 4082 Introduction to Abnormal Psychology||3|
|PSYC 4900 Senior Seminar Psychology||3|
|PSYC 3030, 4030, or 4036||3|
|PSYC 2525 Statistics for Behavioral and Social Sciences||4|
|PSYC 3017 Research Methodology||3|
|PSYC 2070, 2076, or 2078||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||31|
|Concentration Courses||Credit Hours|
|PSYC 4050 The Psychology of Work: Industrial & Organizational Psychology||3|
|MGMT 3200 Principles of Management||3|
|12 credits from the following:|
|PSYC 3081 Personality Psychology||3|
|PSYC 4020 Tests and Measurement||3|
|PSYC 4030 Psychology of Judgement and Decision Making||3|
|MGMT 3320 Human Resource Management||3|
|MGMT 4620 Human Behavior in Organizations||3|
|MGMT 4322 Employee Selection and Placement||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||18|
|Additional Requirements||Credit Hours|
|English Literature Elective or ENGL 3002 Technical Writing||3|
|Natural Science Lab Electives||2|
|Optional Minor or Free Electives||21|
|Total Required Credit Hours||32|
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
- Compliance Coordinator
- Training and Development Manager
- Human Resources Specialist
- Training and Development Specialist
What Will I Learn?
Students who graduate with an online psychology degree with a concentration in industrial and organizational psychology will acquire the skills and knowledge to understand psychology as it relates to business and organizational settings.
Student learning outcomes:
- Graduates will demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and historical trends in psychology.
- Graduates will demonstrate familiarity with the basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation of results.
- Graduates will demonstrate familiarity with the basic ethical and professional knowledge in psychology.
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a concentration in Industrial and Organizational Psychology?
Psychology is a versatile field, and graduates with a psychology degree can tailor their careers to their specific goals and desires. The online psychology - industrial and organizational psychology program from LSUA equips students to be able to navigate through businesses and organizations with a psychological perspective. The degree is affordable, convenient, and 100% online. Graduates of this program can find entry-level careers in many industries or pursue advanced education.