Online Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a concentration in Family and Community Dynamics
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Start a Rewarding Psychology Career
With LSU Alexandria’s online Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a concentration in Family and Community Dynamics, you can start a rewarding psychology career helping individuals, families, and communities. This in-depth program trains students in essential areas of psychology and criminal justice including major concepts, theoretical perspectives, research methods, ethical standards, and family dynamics. Additionally, LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students. Upon graduation, students have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives by starting a meaningful career in a variety of organizations, such as nonprofits, healthcare facilities, educational settings, corrections, human resources departments, and more.
With a career in psychology, you have the opportunity to use your education and training to truly make a difference by helping people when they need it most.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
All classes in this bachelor’s degree program are completed in a flexible, online format, enabling students to earn their degree while balancing school, work, and life.
The Online BS in Psychology with a concentration in Family and Community Dynamics ranked #2 in the 2020 Most Affordable Online Psychology Degree Programs by EduRef.net.
Explore This Program
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. Transfer credits may apply for up to 75% of degree requirements. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your LSUA degree.
Total credit hours for program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $325
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $9,750
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits, and no financial aid: $39,000
For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
|General Education||Credit Hours|
|ENGL 1001 English Composition||3|
|ENGL 1002 English Composition II||3|
|General Education Social Science||6|
|MATH 1021 College Algebra||3|
|General Education Mathematics||3|
|General Education Biology||3|
|General Education Natural Sciences||6|
|General Education Communication Studies||3|
|General Education Humanities||6|
|General Education History||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||39|
|Core Major Courses||Credit Hours|
|PSYC 2000 Introduction to Psychology||3|
|PSYC 3001 Cultural Diversity||3|
|PSYC 3800 Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Psychology||3|
|PSYC 4082 Introduction to Abnormal Psychology||3|
|PSYC 4900 Senior Seminar Psychology||3|
|PSYC 3030, 4030, or 4036||3|
|PSYC 2525 Statistics for Behavioral and Social Sciences||4|
|PSYC 3017 Research Methodology||3|
|PSYC 2070, 2076, or 2078||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||31|
|Concentration Courses||Credit Hours|
|18 credits from the following:|
|PSYC 3081 Personality Psychology||3|
|PSYC 3140 Social Psychology||3|
|PSYC 4060 Drugs and Behavior in Psychology||3|
|CJUS 2092 Dynamics of Family Violence||3|
|CJUS 3215 Juvenile Delinquency||3|
|CJUS 3530 Corrections within the Community||3|
|SOCL 4531 The Aged in Contemporary Society||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||18|
|Additional Requirements||Credit Hours|
|English Literature Elective or ENGL 3002 Technical Writing||3|
|Natural Science Lab Electives||2|
|Optional Minor or Free Electives||21|
|Total Required Credit Hours||32|
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
- Direct Care Worker
- Healthcare Counselor
- Corrections Counselor
- School Counselor
- Community Programs Counselor
What Will I Learn?
Students who graduate with an online psychology degree with a concentration in family and community dynamics will be prepared to begin fulfilling careers in the field.
Student learning outcomes:
- Graduates will demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and historical trends in psychology.
- Graduates will demonstrate familiarity with the basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation of results.
- Graduates will demonstrate familiarity with the basic ethical and professional knowledge in psychology.
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a concentration in Family and Community Dynamics?
This degree is ideal for students looking for a career that allows them to make a difference in the world. LSUA’s online psychology - family and community dynamics program trains students to succeed in a variety of meaningful professional roles. Coursework is 100% online and flexible, and online graduates will earn the same diploma as on campus graduates.