Online Bachelor of General Studies with a concentration in Social Science
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Turn Your College Credits into a Bachelor's Degree
LSU Alexandria's online Bachelor of General Studies with a concentration in Social Science is offered through LSUA’s Psychology Department of the College of Arts and Sciences. The program is designed for students looking to complete their degree who have already obtained a broad range of credits. Additionally, LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students. Graduates will be well-equipped to enter a variety of fields by mastering skills in a diverse course offering. Some common career paths with a BGS are; event planners, public relations, technical writer, executive assistant, and many more.
Learn in a flexible format that is ideal for professionals balancing work and home responsibilities.
In this 100% online program, you can earn your degree on your time while balancing work, family, and other responsibilities.
You receive continuous support from the application process through graduation, including a dedicated Enrollment Coach to assist you in applying and a Student Success Coach to provide support as you earn your degree.
Our experienced faculty members are dedicated to providing top-quality education in a convenient online format. These are the same faculty that teach the on-campus courses and are actively engaged in helping students succeed.
Explore This Program
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. Transfer credits may apply for up to 75% of degree requirements. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your LSUA degree.
Total credit hours for program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $325
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $9,750
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits, and no financial aid: $39,000
For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
General Education (39 hours)
- General English | Credit hours: 6
- General Education Social Sciences | Credit hours: 6
- General Education Math | Credit hours: 6
- General Education Natural Sciences | Credit hours: 9
- General Education Communication Studies | Credit hours: 3
- General Education History | Credit hours: 3
- General Education Humanities | Credit hours: 3
- General Education Fine Arts | Credit hours: 3
Concentration Curriculum (27 hours)
Can be any 27 credit hours of Social Science (CJUS, POLI, PSYC, SOCL, SOWK)
Enrichment Blocks (24 hours)
Students must select two of the Enrichment Blocks listed below and earn twelve hours in each block. These hours cannot include hours in any discipline that would be included in the Area of Concentration. LSUA accepts transfer credits for Enrichment Blocks. As your Enrollment Coach for more details.
- Business Administration: Accounting, Business, Business Law, Economics–except ECON 2010 and ECON 2020–, Finance, Management, Management Information Systems, and Marketing
- Criminal Justice
- Disaster Science and Emergency Management
- Humanities (English, History, Philosophy, Religion, Communication Studies, French, Interpretation, Spanish)
- Social/Behavioral Sciences: Anthropology, ECON 2010 and ECON 2020, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology
Free Electives (30 hours)
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
- Community Worker
- Government Worker
- Job Developer
- Legal Assistant
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
What Will I Learn?
Students enrolled in this degree program will develop the foundational skills for several different career pathways. Since students have the flexibility of choosing the courses in their degree, the coursework will vary.
Student learning outcomes:
- Graduates with the Bachelor of General Studies degree will meet the competencies in General Education established by the university for all baccalaureate degrees.
- Graduates with the Bachelor of General Studies degree will meet the competencies for the Area of Concentration established by their respective departments.
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of General Studies with a concentration in Humanities?
The affordable, 100% online Bachelor of General Studies - Social Science degree program is designed for students who have a broad range of credits they would like to turn into a practical degree. The flexible program is valuable for students who desire to choose their own educational pathways or master a diverse range of skills.