Online Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Expand Your Career Options
The online Bachelor of Science in Psychology from LSU Alexandria allows students an affordable pathway to a rewarding career in people-oriented fields and provides the option to further pursue a psychology graduate degree or closely related degree program. Students gain a full perspective on a variety of psychology and behavioral management topics within the health, science, education, and business sectors. Students will also learn to gather, organize, analyze and interpret data. The program is delivered completely online.
Earn a Degree on Your Time
LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students.
This program prepares professionals for roles as a social worker, teacher, psychiatric technician, correctional treatment specialist, counselor and more.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
The Online BS in Psychology ranked #2 in the 2020 Most Affordable Online Psychology Degree Programs by EduRef.net.
Explore This Program
Cost --- Online Psychology
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. For this program, you are able to transfer up to 90 credits.
Total credit hours: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $291
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $8,730
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits and no financial aid: $34,920
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
|General Education||Credit Hours|
|ENGL 1001 English Composition||3|
|ENGL 1002 English Composition II||3|
|General Education Social Science||6|
|MATH 1021 College Algebra||3|
|General Education Mathematics||3|
|General Education Biology||3|
|General Education Natural Sciences||6|
|General Education Communication Studies||3|
|General Education Humanities||6|
|General Education History||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||39|
|Core Major Courses||Credit Hours|
|PSYC 2000 Introduction to Psychology||3|
|PSYC 3001 Cultural Diversity||3|
|PSYC 3800 Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Psychology||3|
|PSYC 4082 Introduction to Abnormal Psychology||3|
|PSYC 4900 Senior Seminar Psychology||3|
|PSYC 3030, 4030, or 4036||3|
|PSYC 2525 Statistics for Behavioral and Social Sciences||4|
|PSYC 3017 Research Methodology||3|
|PSYC 2070, 2076, or 2078||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||31|
|Concentration Courses||Credit Hours|
|PSYC 3032 or PSYC 4020||3|
|PSYC 3140 or PSYC 3081||3|
|PSYC 4060 or PSYC 4034||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||18|
|Additional Requirements||Credit Hours|
|English Literature Elective or ENGL 3002 Technical Writing||3|
|Natural Science Lab Electives||2|
|Optional Minor or Free Electives||21|
|Total Required Credit Hours||32|
Admission Requirements --- Online Psychology
For university acceptance, first-time freshmen must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation AND
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course AND
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0 AND
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher OR
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0 OR
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0 OR
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
Career Opportunities --- Online Psychology
- Human and Social Services
- Social Work
- Case Management
- Psychiatric Technician
- Community Services Manager
- Research Assistant/Analyst
- Probation and Parole Officer
- Sales Manager
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Person-Oriented Areas
What Will I Learn?
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology is designed to prepare students to secure employment in the 21st-century workforce in the fields of health, social services, education, business, or science. Job areas include employee relations, marketing, counseling, social services, banking, and public relations. Students interested in people oriented fields such as social services, business, and education will be well-served. The degree also provides a solid foundation for students interested in graduate study in psychology or a closely-related field (e.g., counseling, social work).
Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and historical trends in psychology.
- Graduates will demonstrate familiarity with the basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation of results.
- Graduates will demonstrate familiarity with the basic ethical and professional knowledge in psychology.
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of Science in Psychology?
LSUA’s online psychology program helps students build their resumes with a top-ranked, affordable degree. The courses are flexible, 100% online, and taught by expert instructors. Additionally, the program can be finished within four years. Graduates will earn a diploma identical to the one given to students on-campus. LSUA offers several financial aid options to help students reach their goals without breaking their budgets.