Online Bachelor of General Studies - Organizational Studies
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Accelerate Your Career in Business
It’s time to advance your professional path and with LSU Alexandria's Online Bachelor of General Studies with a Concentration in Organizational Studies, you can do just that. This program has been developed for working professionals to build skills in communication, leadership, and teamwork necessary to lead an organization. It is a flexibly scheduled undergraduate degree that accepts transfer credit from a wide variety of disciplines. Students pursuing the Online BGS will find this business-oriented degree completion pathway allows them to advance in the ranks of an organization and pursue graduate studies. Additionally, LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students.
Save Time and Money - With Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), earn college credit through Amazon Web Services certifications and US Navy training. As your Enrollment Coach for more details.
You will have a dedicated Student Success Coach assigned to you from your application process all the way through to your graduation to support you in any way as a student.
In this 100% online program, you can earn your degree on your time while balancing work, family, and other responsibilities, making it a great option for members of the military.
Our experienced faculty are industry experts, dedicated to providing students a high-quality education and empowering them with the knowledge to succeed.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
Explore This Program
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. Transfer credits may apply for up to 75% of degree requirements. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your LSUA degree.
Total credit hours per program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $291
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $8,730
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits and no financial aid: $34,920
For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
General Education (39 hours)
- General English | Credit hours: 6
- General Education Social Sciences | Credit hours: 3
- General Education MATH 1021 | Credit hours: 3
- General Education MATH | Credit hours: 3
- General Education Natural Sciences | Credit hours: 9
- General Education Communication Studies | Credit hours: 3
- General Education History | Credit hours: 3
- General Education Humanities | Credit hours: 3
- General Education Fine Arts | Credit hours: 3
- CMIS 1000* | Credit hours: 3
*BUSN 1001 Introduction to Business required
*CMIS 100 can also be met through an acceptable score in the computer competency examination.
Concentration Curriculum (27 hours)
- Financial Accounting, ACCT 2001 | Credit hours: 3
- Principles of Macroeconomics, ECON 2010 | Credit hours: 3
- Principles of Management, MGMT 3200 | Credit hours: 3
- Principles of Marketing, MKTG 3401 | Credit hours: 3
- Fundamentals of Information Systems, CMIS 2100 | Credit hours: 3
- Business and Society, MGMT 3211 | Credit hours: 3
- Multinational Management, MGMT 4420 | Credit hours: 3
- Human Behavior in Organizations, MGMT 4620 | Credit hours: 3
- One 3 hour MGMT electives at 4000 level | Credit hours: 3
Two 12-hour blocks selected from these disciplines - 24 hours each:
- Criminal Justice
- Humanities (English, History, Philosophy, Religion, Communication Studies, French, Interpretation, Spanish)
- Social Science (Anthropology, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology)
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of TOPS University Diploma, or its equivalent college readiness core curriculum at time of high school graduation AND
- High School GPA of 2.0 or higher AND
- Require no more than ONE Developmental Course (or qualify for co-requisite delivery of Freshman Composition or College Algebra) AND
- Either 2.0 GPA, or greater in Core Courses, or ACT Composite of 20* or greater
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0, or meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
- Business Manager
- Facility Manager
- General Manager
- Operations Manager
- Plant Superintendent
- Store Manager
- Administrative Services Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Social Service Managers
What Will I Learn?
Students who graduate with an online degree in organizational studies will be prepared with the skills and knowledge to become effective leaders.
Topics included in this degree program include:
- Financial accounting with emphasis on knowledge required for completion of the accounting cycle, including income measurement and financial statement preparation
- An introductory study of the nature of economics, economic concepts and problems, economic system, and the role of government
- Management functions, including planning, organizing, staffing/human resource management, leading/interpersonal influence, and controlling in both domestic and international spheres
- A study of the field of marketing; marketing environment, functions, and institutional structure at a macro level
- Systems theory, quality, decision making, and the organizational role of information systems are introduced
- Social roles of organization whose primary function is the accumulation of profits; emphasis on current issues
- Management concepts and philosophical bases for international management operations
- Behavioral sciences applied to understanding human dynamics in organizations
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of General Studies with a Concentration in Organizational Studies?
Our online bachelor’s degree in organizational studies equips students for a variety of careers in many fields. The program curriculum is 100% online, flexible, and convenient for working professionals. Courses are taught by experienced instructors with industry-relevant knowledge to help students succeed.