Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Become Exposed to the Core Aspects of Business.
In the world of business, managers play a crucial role. The online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from LSU Alexandria prepares graduates to become business leaders by equipping them with the tools to evaluate and improve business practices with sound scientific and financial knowledge. As a student in the BS in Business Administration program, you will gain broad exposure to the most important disciplines of business, including finance, management, and marketing.
Save Time and Money - With Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), earn college credit through Amazon Web Services certifications. Ask your Enrollment Coach for more details.
Find Your Fit! - LSU Online offers multiple undergraduate business administration programs.
This program meets rigorous set by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Our former graduates have succeeded in a wide range of careers, including law, medicine, and education. This degree can help students become advertising executives, human resources specialist, city managers, commercial loan officers, sales managers, accountant, and market research assistant.
Our experienced faculty members are dedicated to providing top-quality education in a convenient online format. These are the same faculty that teach the on-campus courses and are actively engaged in helping students succeed.
LSUA offers one of the most affordable tuitions in the country-- ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Business Administration
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. For this program, you are able to transfer up to 90 credits.
Total credit hours: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour (with fees): $291
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $8,730
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits and no financial aid: $34,920
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online Business Administration
General Education Courses (39 Credit Hours)
|ENGL 1001: English Composition||3|
|ENGL 1002: English Composition II||3|
|FIAR 1001: Introduction to Fine Arts||3|
|General Education Humanities||6|
|CMST 2060: Public Speaking||3|
|MATH 1021: College Algebra||3|
|MATH 2011: General Statistics||3|
|BIOL 1001: General Biology I||3|
|BIOL 1002: General Biology II||3|
|PHSC 1001: Physical Science I||3|
|POLI 2051: American Government||3|
|PSYC 3001: Cultural Diversity||3|
Foundation Courses (18 Credit Hours)
|ACCT 2001: Financial Accounting||3|
|BUSN 1001: Introduction to Business||3|
|CMIS 1150: Personal Productivity Using IT Tools||3|
|ECON 2010: Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|MGMT 3200: Principles of Management||3|
|MKTG 3401: Principles of Marketing||3|
Major Requirements (27 Credit Hours)
|ACCT 2101: Managerial Accounting||3|
|BLAW 3201: Business Law I||3|
|CMIS 2100: Fundamentals of Information Systems||3|
|ECON 2020: Principles of Microeconomics
|ECON 3035: Money and Banking
|FINC 3715: Business Finance
|MGMT 3211: Business and Society
|MGMT 4830: Business Policy
|MKTG 4420: Multinational Management
Foundation Electives (24 Credit Hours - choose from the below)
|MGMT 3320: Human Resource Management||3|
|MGMT 4322: Employee Selection & Placement||3|
|MGMT 4420: Multinational Management||3|
|MGMT 4620: Human Behavior in Organizations
|MKTG 3411: Consumer Analysis and Behavior
|MKTG 3430: Advertising
|MKTG 4423: Sales Management
|MKTG 4440: Marketing on the Internet
|MKTG 4443: International Marketing
|MKTG 4451: Marketing Management
|ACCT 3020: Intermediate Accounting I
|ACCT 3021: Intermediate Accounting II
Additional Requirements (12 Credit Hours)
|ACCT 3121: Cost Accounting||3|
|ACCT 3221: Tax Accounting||3|
|ENGL 2002: Professional Writing||3|
|MATH 1431: Calculus of Business Economics Application
Note: Course substitutions will be considered. There are often multiple ways to complete degree requirements.
Admission Requirements Online Business Administration
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
Career Opportunities Online Business Administration
- Advertising Executive
- Human Resources Specialist
- City Manager
- Commercial Loan Officer
- Sales Manager
- Market Research Assistant
- Project Manager
Accreditation Online Business Administration
The online business administration program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
What Will I Learn? Online Business Administration
Students who graduate with an online business administration degree will gain the knowledge and experience to improve business operations in a wide range of fields.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Principles and methods of accounting primarily concerned with data gathering and presentation for purposes of internal management evaluation and decision-making
- An overview of the operation of the business firm and acquaint the student with phases of business organizations and operations and guide them in their occupational choice
- An introductory study of the nature of economics, economic concepts and problems, economic system, and the role of government
- Management functions, including planning, organizing, staffing/human resource management, leading/interpersonal influence, and controlling in both domestic and international spheres
- The role of commercial banks, other financial institutions, and the central bank in affecting the performance of the economy
- Social roles of an organization whose primary function is the accumulation of profits; emphasis on current issues; historical development of business-society relationships
Why Choose This Program? Online Business Administration
Why Choose LSUA's Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Program through LSU Online?
- Build your resume with a top-ranked degree
- Students finish on average within four years
- Connect with a global alumni network
- Earn a diploma identical to every LSUA graduate
- Take advantage of affordable tuition and financial aid options
- Learn from an experienced faculty