Online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Practitioner Teacher Program
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Make a Difference in Children’s Lives as a Certified Teacher
With the Online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Practitioner Teacher Program from LSU Alexandria, you gain the knowledge, training, and real-world experience necessary to be successful in the classroom. As a Certified Teacher in Louisiana, you have the power to make a difference in the lives of children and their families every day by empowering your students to reach their full potential. In this comprehensive program, students may earn their Louisiana Teacher Certification in only one year by completing coursework designed to improve teacher candidates’ knowledge of effective teaching best practices. Additionally, LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students.
Earn While You Learn
Work as a teacher and earn a salary while you complete your Louisiana Teacher Certification requirements.
Learn in a flexible, online format that is designed with working teachers in mind.
Learn the necessary skills and state teaching standards so you can start a rewarding and meaningful career as a Certified Teacher.
This program can be completed as quickly as one year.
Explore This Program
Cost may be reduced if transfer courses apply.
Total credit hours for program: 21-24 credit hours (will vary depending on certification)
Cost per credit hour: $291
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $1,455
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits, and no financial aid: $6,984
*Please note: All students must purchase a $139 membership to LiveText before beginning Residency. This is an additional cost outside of the program fees.
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
- PSYC 2060: Educational Psychology | Credit hours: 3
- EDCI 4200: Reading in the Content Area | Credit hours: 3
- EDCI 4820: Meeting Diverse Instructional Needs in Today's Classrooms | Credit hours: 3
- EDCI 4810: Methods for Literacy-Based Instructional Planning and Design | Credit hours: 3
- EDCI 4930: Teacher Practitioner Residency | Credit hours: 6
- EDCI 4840: Special Topics in Education | Credit hours: 3
It is possible to complete this certificate in one year depending on when a student enters the program. The last two semesters will be spent in a PreK-12 school session.
Online Practitioner Teacher Program candidates must meet all of the following:
- Possess a non-education baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited university AND
- Hold a current teaching position or possess a letter of intent to hire from a Louisiana school district AND
- Have a cumulative 2.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale on all undergraduate coursework AND
- Pass PRAXIS II: Content Knowledge (content-specific area) examination
Note: This program accepts students in only the fall or summer terms.
- Certified Teacher in Public Schools
- Certified Teacher in Private Schools
- Certified Teacher in Charter Schools
What Will I Learn?
The Practitioner Teacher Program allows prospective candidates who hold a teaching position or letter of intent for employment from a parish school board to become certified to teach in one year.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Program completers know the subject matter they are to teach
- Program completers will develop differentiated lessons that reflect learning-theory and research-based strategies
- Program completers will apply the basic principles of teaching and learning
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU’s online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Practitioner Teacher Program?
Becoming a certified teacher can open the doors to many more opportunities. With the online teaching certificate from LSUA, you can increase your skill set, become more effective in the classroom, and advance your career as a certified educator in this meaningful field.