Online Certificate in Emerging Information Technologies for Business
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Gain In-Demand Skills to Advance Your Career
The online Graduate Certificate in Emerging Information Technologies for Business is offered through LSU Online and the LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business. This certificate equips students with the skills and knowledge required to drive key business strategies through information technology. The coursework focuses on cloud computing, Al strategy, policies, programs, and governance that organizations should use to stay relevant and the application of IT. Graduates will be well-positioned to begin careers as a database administrator, AI/machine learning engineer, or cloud engineer.
All students receive flat-rate tuition nationwide.
Flexible formats allow you to join the LSU community from anywhere.
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Finish in as few as 8 months.
Explore This Program
- BADM 7050 Information Systems | Credit Hours: 3
- BADM 7401 Cybersecurity | Credit Hours: 3
- BADM 7402 Artificial Intelligence | Credit Hours: 3
- BADM 7403 Cloud Strategy | Credit Hours: 3
LSU Online offers several ways to help you pay for your degree including credit for prior learning (PLA), financial aid, and veteran education benefits. Learn More.
Total credit hours for program: 12 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $862
Total cost with fees: $10,344
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
- Academic history: A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or its foreign equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on all undergraduate and graduate work already completed. You must provide transcripts for all of the colleges you have attended (regardless of degree completion) and upload copies with your application. Only admitted applicants will be required to send one sealed copy of official transcripts from EACH college and university attended, issued by the institution directly.
- Recommendations: Contact information for three academic and/or professional references.
- Statement of purpose: One page statement of how analytics fits into your short and long-term career goals.
- Resume: Include a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Entrance exam: If you do not meet the 3.0 GPA requirement and have less than 2 years of relevant work experience, please submit either a GRE or GMAT test score. Official test scores can be submitted using institution code 6373.
- International applicants: Applicants in the U.S. on a student visa are not eligible for online programs. For all questions regarding international applicants, please contact an Enrollment Coach at 833-280-5634 or email@example.com.
- database administrator
- AI/machine learning engineer
- cloud engineer
What Will I Learn?
Students who earn an online certificate in emerging information technologies for business will learn how new technology affects business processes and how it contributes to the future of labor.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Contemporary topics in information systems; a survey of information system analysis and design
- Course topics include managerial aspects of information security and assurance; access control models, information security governance, and information security program assessment and metrics
- Course topics include managerial aspects of artificial intelligence, leveraging analytics using artificial intelligence, machine learning, recommendation agents, natural language processing; enterprise AI strategy and the future of AI in business and society
- Strategy for the digital firm of tomorrow, case studies of cloud implementation
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU’s online Graduate Certificate in Emerging Information Technologies for Business?
As the world becomes more technologically advanced, businesses need leaders who can guide them into the future. With this online certificate in emerging information technology from LSU, you can acquire the skills and knowledge to become a valuable part of any organization. Classes are 100% online and convenient for working professionals.