5 Reasons to Study Environmental Sciences with LSU Online
As environmental issues take the center stage of global concerns, careers in environmental sciences are essential, life-saving work. Whether you're passionate about preserving natural resources, mitigating climate change, or promoting sustainable development, a degree in the environmental sciences equips you with the knowledge and skills to make a meaningful impact.
Learn why earning an online degree or certificate in environmental sciences from LSU is right for you!
1. Gain the Knowledge to Address Global Challenges
The environmental sciences tackle some of the most pressing issues of our time, including climate change, pollution, and habitat destruction. By studying in this field, you can gain insights into these challenges and develop strategies to address them effectively.
LSU’s online programs are solutions-focused, so you will graduate with practical knowledge that you can use to succeed in your career.
2. Earn an Interdisciplinary Education
Environmental sciences draw from various disciplines such as biology, chemistry, geology, and sociology. This interdisciplinary approach provides a holistic understanding of environmental issues, helping you to analyze problems from multiple perspectives and devise comprehensive solutions.
LSU’s comprehensive degrees and certificates provide a solid foundation for your career, and our award-winning, expert instructors are experienced in various scientific fields.
3. Take Advantage of Career Opportunities
This field offers diverse opportunities in government agencies, research institutions, non-profit organizations, and private industries. Whether you're interested in environmental policy, resource management, or sustainability consulting, an education in environmental sciences opens doors to fulfilling and impactful careers.
After graduating, our students can find careers as environmental specialists, Marine biologists, microbiologists, environmental chemists, wildlife biologists, geographers, and more.
4. Engage in Practical, Flexible Learning
LSU’s online environmental sciences programs emphasize learning experiences that allow students to apply theoretical knowledge to real-world settings. Through a flexible and convenient online curriculum, students gain practical skills that prepare them for success in their chosen careers.
5. Pursue Advanced Specializations
LSU offers an online Master of Science in Environmental Sciences and three specialized online Graduate Certificates:
- Master of Science in Environmental Sciences: Through practical application and interdisciplinary instruction, this program prepares graduates to make meaningful contributions to environmental conservation and sustainability efforts worldwide.
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences: Explore the intersection of environmental factors and human health, learning to assess and mitigate risks associated with environmental pollutants.
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Modeling and Analysis: Master the tools and techniques for modeling environmental systems, facilitating data-driven decision-making and policy development.
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental and Energy Policy: Gain insights into the policies and regulations shaping environmental and energy issues, preparing to influence policy-making and drive positive change.
The degree and specialized certificates provide students with customizable options to align their education with their career goals and interests.
Become an Environmental Scientist with LSU Online
Studying environmental sciences at LSU offers a unique opportunity to become a leader in environmental sustainability. In this field, you can contribute to creating a healthier planet for generations to come.
Learn more about LSU's online environmental sciences programs, or apply today!
Ready to reach your goals?
Take the first step forward by completing the form and our enrollment team will contact you soon to discuss:
- What program meets your academic and career goals
- Financial aid options (employer funding, military benefits)
- Receiving credit for past education (transfer, professional development)
- The admissions process and timeline