Online Master of Science in Environmental Sciences
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Understand the Relationship Between Social and Natural Systems.
Be a leader in bettering our planet with a Master of Science in Environmental Sciences (ENVS) at LSU Online. Our MS in environmental science program equips those seeking to study the environment and develop environmental solutions with the knowledge needed to make a difference. The coursework consists of multidisciplinary scientific approaches to understand the relationship between social and natural systems. Students gain the knowledge and skill set needed to secure their future in the environmental science field.
Save Time and Money - You may be able to use prior learning, such as professional certifications and military training, to earn credits towards your degree. Ask your Enrollment Coach for more details.
Earn a degree on your time
Earning the online master of science in environmental science allows students to complete their coursework while balancing work, family, and other responsibilities.
Throughout your entire academic journey a personal Student Success Coach will be available to answer questions and offer encouragement.
Learn from experts
Led by field-experienced experts, the MS in Environmental Sciences Degree is an advanced program that provides fundamental principles and techniques in a flexible learning environment.
Ranked #9 on the 2020 College Consensus list of best online master’s in environmental and sustainability management.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Master's in Environmental Sciences
You may be able to find savings and earn credit from previous work or training, or as demonstrated by your industry certifications, through Prior Learning Assessment. Learn more.
Total credit hours per program: 36 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $546
Total cost with fees: $19,656
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online Master's in Environmental Sciences
|Environmental Sciences Core||Credit Hours|
|ENVS 7700 Integrated Environmental Issues||3|
|ENVS 4500 Health Effects of Environmental Pollutants||3|
|ENVS 4101 Environmental Chemistry||3|
|ENVS 4261 Energy and Environment||3|
|ENVS 4477 Environmental Toxicology||3|
|ENVS 4149 Design of Environmental Management Systems||3|
|ENVS 7112 Marine Ecotoxicology||3|
|ENVS 4113 Multi-Media Chemical Behavior for Risk Assessment||3|
|ENVS 7041 Environmental Policy Analysis||3|
|ENVS 7050 Spatial Modelling||3|
|ENVS 7043 Environmental Law and Regulation||3|
|ENVS 7997 Environmental Practicum||2|
|ENVS 7995 Environmental Seminar||1|
Admission Requirements Online Master's in Environmental Sciences
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with overall GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale.
- Applicants must have completed Biology, Chemistry, and Statistics. Organic Chemistry is highly recommended.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores of at least 213 (computer), 550 (paper), or 79 (Internet), or IELTS score of at least 6.5 .
- GRE scores encouraged, but substitutions will be considered for exceptional applicants.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement expressing your interest in the program. In 500 words or less introduce yourself to the faculty, describe your professional and academic goals, and explain how you think our MS program fits your interests and goals.
Career Opportunities Online Master's in Environmental Sciences
- Environmental specialist
- Marine biologist
- Environmental chemist
- Wildlife biologist
- Environmental manager
- Environmental health officer
- Water quality scientist
What Will I Learn? Online Master's in Environmental Sciences
Students in our environmental sciences master’s program will study how many branches of science intersect with the environment.
Topics covered in this degree program include the following:
- Effects of environmental pollutants on human health and quality of life
- Chemical principles applied to the study of the distribution, reactivity and
- toxicity of chemical species in the environment
- Energy use and pollution related to fuel production, transportation and use
- Introduction to the basic principles of environmental toxicology
- Environmental systems planning at local, national and international levels
- Management-oriented approach to major phases of environmental policy
Why Choose This Program? Online Master's in Environmental Sciences
Why choose LSU’s online Master of Science in Environmental Sciences?
Our program is 100% online, allowing students to complete coursework at their own pace. This structure provides the flexibility our students need when balancing their responsibilities. The degree is also top-ranked by the 2020 College Consensus list of best online master’s in environmental and sustainability management. While enrolled, students will learn from industry experts to prepare them for the real-world application of their knowledge.