Online Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies with a concentration in Communication in Human Relationships
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Ignite Your Career With the Dynamics of Human Relationship
Master the art of oral, written, and mediated communication as you accelerate your career with the online Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies with a concentration in Communication in Human Relationships from LSU Alexandria. Graduates will develop the ability to solve communication difficulties and build productive relationships, both personal and professional. Additionally, LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students.
This program is designed to grow your ability to analyze communication contexts and solve gaps in communication. This degree helps all students achieve a higher understanding of the principles of human communication, opening the door for numerous careers such as a human resources analyst, public relations manager and event planner.
Learn in a flexible format that is ideal for professionals balancing work and home responsibilities.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
Receive dedicated coach support from application to graduation.
Our experienced faculty members are dedicated to providing top-quality education in a convenient online format. These are the same faculty that teach the on-campus courses and are actively engaged in helping students succeed.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Communication Studies: Human Relationships
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. Transfer credits may apply for up to 75% of degree requirements. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your LSUA degree.
Total credit hours for program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour (with fees): $325
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $9,750
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits and no financial aid: $39,000
For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online Communication Studies: Human Relationships
|General Education||Credit Hours|
|ENGL 1001 English Composition||3|
|ENGL 1002 English Composition II||3|
|General Education Social Science||6|
|MATH 1021 College Algebra or MATH 1313 Finite Mathematics||3|
|MATH 2011 General Statistics||3|
|General Education Biology||3|
|General Education Natural Sciences||6|
|General Education Communication||3|
|General Education History||6|
|General Education Fine Arts||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||39|
|Core Major Courses||Credit Hours|
|CMST 2015 Visual Communication||3|
|CMST 2151 Media Writing||3|
|CMST 3080 Mass Media Law||3|
|CMST 3500 Introduction to Communication Research Methods||3|
|CMST 4120 Computer-Mediated Communication||3|
|CMST 4160 Persuasive Communication||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||18|
|Concentration Courses||Credit Hours|
|CMST 2010 Interpersonal Communication||3|
|CMST 3100 Small Group Communication and Problem Solving||3|
|CMST 3118 Intercultural Communication||3|
|CMST 4119 Nonverbal Communication||3|
|CMST 3115, 3116, 4104, 4112, 4114, or 4150||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||18|
|Additional Requirements||Credit Hours|
|Foreign Language Electives||6|
|English Literature Elective||3|
|Humanities or Fine Arts Electives||9|
|Social Science Electives||9|
|Total Required Credit Hours||45|
Admission Requirements Online Communication Studies: Human Relationships
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
Career Opportunities Online Communication Studies: Human Relationships
- Multimedia Journalist
- Social Media Content Creator
- Web Developer
- Corporate Communication
- Event Planner
- Social Media Manager
- Nonprofit Executive
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Television Producer
- Public Relations Consultant
- Media Relations Specialist
- Human Resources Analyst
- Employee Relations Coordinator
- Customer Service Representative
- Development Officer
What Will I Learn? Online Communication Studies: Human Relationships
Students who graduate with a degree in online communication studies - human relationships will be prepared to enter many different career paths.
Topics covered in the program include:
- An introduction to the design, creation, and critique of visual media
- Practice in locating sources of news, interviewing, and note-taking; evaluating and organizing facts; writing basic kinds of news stories; using wire service style
- Exploration of persuasion, compliance gaining, and social influence in communication
- Theories and research in dyadic (one-to-one) communication, including the roles of self-concept and perception in communications
- Communication skills theory applied to small groups and teams
- An exploration of the nature of communication within and between cultures, this course serves as an introduction to foundational and contemporary concepts, practices, and processes of intercultural communication, methods of critical intercultural analysis, and the scholarly field of intercultural communication
- Nonverbal message systems such as kinesics and proxemics; relationships between verbal and nonverbal communication
Why Choose This Program? Online Communication Studies: Human Relationships
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies with a concentration in Communication in Human Relationships?
LSUA’s online bachelor’s degree in communication in human relationships is a flexible, affordable distance learning program. The unique format provides an opportunity for students to build a community with other online students. Graduates of the program will learn the skills to become an expert in interpersonal communication, opening up the door to several job opportunities.