Online Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Develop Analytical Skills that Will Lead to a Myriad of Opportunities
The online Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from LSU Alexandria gives students the knowledge and skills that can lead to employment as an actuary, statistician, financial analyst, data scientist, cryptographer, computer programmer, high school teacher, or other occupations requiring substantial analytical skills. Graduates are in an excellent position to continue on to graduate or professional school and become an engineer, medical doctor, lawyer, or university professor. Dedicated and diverse faculty prepare students for these rewarding careers. With online mathematics college classes, students can pursue their educational goals in a flexible format, enabling them to balance work, family, and other responsibilities.
This program provides students with the opportunity to work on faculty-mentored projects and presentations, giving them valuable experience for a career in mathematics.
Meet Your Specific Needs
The curriculum is both comprehensive and flexible, allowing students – through use of ample elective hours - to pursue other interests, whether they be in the humanities or in more technical fields such as computer science, economics, accounting, and/or finance.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
According to the Careercast.com article “The Best Jobs of 2021”, five of the top ten jobs were math-related careers. Mathematicians ranked number five on the list.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Math
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. For this program, you are able to transfer up to 90 credits.
Total credit hours per program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour (with fees): $291
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $8,730
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits and no financial aid: $34,920
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for final program cost.
Course Listings Online Math
- Calculus III | Credit hours: 4
- Fundamentals of Mathematics | Credit hours: 3
- Elementary Differential Equations | Credit hours: 3
- Linear Algebra | Credit hours: 3
- Introduction to Computer Programming or Computer Programming | Credit hours: 3
- Additional Courses | Credit hours: 24-36
- English Elective (2000 or above) | Credit hours: 3
- Free Electives | Credit hours: 24-36
Areas of Concentration
- Advanced Calculus I | Credit hours: 3
- Abstract Algebra | Credit hours: 3
- 15 additional credit hours of 3000/4000 level MATH courses
- 3 more credit hours that can be MATH at the 3000/4000 level or CSCI at the 2000 level or higher
Admission Requirements Online Math
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
Career Opportunities Online Math
- Math Teacher
- Financial Analyst
- Data Scientist
What Will I Learn? Online Math
Students who graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics will acquire a broad understanding of mathematical concepts and critical thinking skills that will prepare them for the careers of their choosing.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Vector functions, functions of several variables, partial derivatives, multiples integrals, and vector calculus
- An introduction to techniques of mathematical proofs; sets; logic; relations and functions; induction; cardinality; and properties of real numbers
- A beginning course in ordinary differential equations with emphasis on solving linear differential equations
- An introduction to computer programming with an emphasis on problem-solving, program design, and algorithms
- A rigorous analysis of major results in differential and integral calculus
Why Choose This Program? Online Math
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of Science in Mathematics?
A mathematics degree can be useful for many different career paths. LSUA’s bachelor of mathematics is comprehensive, customizable, and 100% online. The affordable degree allows students to pursue multiple interests while mastering the fundamentals of the field. Additionally, coursework can be completed whenever and wherever students choose to learn.