Online Bachelor of Science in Health Professions - Health Care Administration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Advance Your Health Care Career
Achieve your health care career goals with LSU Alexandria's online Bachelor of Science in Health Professions with a Concentration in Health Care Administration. With the continuous growth of the health care industry, facilities like hospitals, clinics, managed care organizations, and corporations need qualified professionals to provide a high standard of quality care. Designed to meet the needs of today’s health care employers, this in-depth program trains you for opportunities such as hospital administrator, nursing home administrator, health insurance analyst, and medical office business manager. Additionally, LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students.
Save Time and Money - With Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), earn college credit through Amazon Web Services certifications. Ask your Enrollment Coach for more details.
Advance Your Career
This degree is designed for those looking to advance their career in the health care industry.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 28 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations.
In this 100% online program, you can earn your degree on your time while balancing work, family, and other responsibilities, making it a great option for members of the military.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
Explore This Program
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. Transfer credits may apply for up to 75% of degree requirements. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your LSUA degree.
Total credit hours per program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $291
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $8,730
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits and no financial aid: $34,920
For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
|General Education||Credit Hours|
|ENGL 1001 English Composition||3|
|ENGL 1002 English Composition II||3|
|General Education Social Science||6|
|General Education Math||6|
|General Education Natural Sciences||9|
|General Education Communication Studies||3|
|General Education Humanities||6|
|General Education Fine Arts||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||39|
|Major Courses||Credit Hours|
|ACCT 2001 Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 2101 Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUSN 1001 Introduction to Business||3|
|CMST 4112 or HESC 4103||3|
|ECON 2010 Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ECON 2020 Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|HCAM 4421 Health Care Economics||3|
|HCAM 4620 Global Health Care||3|
|HCAM 4718 Health Care Finance||3|
|HESC 1003 Introduction to the Health Care System||1|
|HESC 1010 or HESC 1400||3|
|HESC 4600 Healthcare Administration||3|
|HESC 4610 or HESC 4820||3|
|HESC 4300 Leadership Theories||3|
|MGMT 3200 Principles of Management||3|
|MGMT 4620 Human Behavior in Organizations||3|
|ENGL 3002 Technical Writing||3|
|HESC 3200 Quality Management||3|
|HESC 3300 Legal Issues in Healthcare||3|
|HESC 4800 Introduction to Research in Healthcare||3|
|MKTG 3401 Principles of Marketing||3|
|POLI 4012 Politics and Policy of Elder Health Care||3|
|PSYC 3001 Cultural Diversity||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||81|
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
- Hospital Administrator
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Clinic Administrator
- Dental Office Administrator
- Health Insurance Analyst
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Medical Office Business Manager
- Chiropractic Office Manager
- Testing Facility Manager