NECA partners with LSU Online
The National Electrical Contractors Association recently selected LSU Online & Continuing Education as its first accredited College Degree Program institution partner to offer micro-credential, or MicroCred, programs through the NECA Education Advancement Resource Network (EARN). NECA is the voice of the $171 billion electrical construction industry that brings power, light and communication technology to buildings and communities across the U.S. Their national office and 118 local chapters advance the industry through advocacy, education, research, and standards development. A diverse group of nearly 4,000 member companies accounts for approximately 300 million manhours per year.
“While our industry depends on hands-on skills like bending conduit and pulling wire, this program allows our contractors to advance further, with learning opportunities in project management, business administration, marketing, accounting, and human resources, among others,” said NECA CEO David Long.
The partnership with LSU Online enables NECA members to use their professional credentials to translate into college credit, which could save money and shorten the time it takes to earn an LSU degree. Additionally, LSU Online offers a diverse portfolio that includes over 65 LSU degrees, certificates, and MicroCred® programs with an affordable path for career advancement for every student—100% online.
In addition, LSU Online now offers a Career Change Scholarship for individuals looking to make a career shift in growing fields like technology, web design, project management, and more. Individuals can receive over $1,000 in funds toward specific non-credit online certificates and micro-credential, or MicroCred®, programs.
“The ultimate goal of LSU Online & Continuing Education is to improve the professional and financial lives of students,” said Sasha Thackaberry, Vice President at LSU Online & Continuing Education. “This scholarship is a small way we can give back to the individuals most impacted during these uncertain times to help them to shift careers.”
The benefits that NECA members can take advantage of include:
- Guaranteed admission and pathways for students to an LSU Online campus
- World-class, dedicated concierge service from start to completion for employees or members
- Any size, stackable learning options from just-in-time training, to certificates and MicroCred® programs, all the way up to degrees
- No credit wasted: Earn college credit for military or professional credentials and certifications through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)
NECA members interested in an LSU Online visit LSU Online to inquire about specific programs.
Ready to reach your goals?
Take the first step forward by completing the form and our enrollment team will contact you soon to discuss:
- What program meets your academic and career goals
- Financial aid options (employer funding, military benefits)
- Receiving credit for past education (transfer, professional development)
- The admissions process and timeline