Online Graduate Certificate in Environmental Modeling & Analysis
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Shape the Environment for the Better
Understanding how to analyze and represent real-world spaces is essential to improving, protecting, and innovating in the environmental realm. Students of the Graduate Certificate in Environmental Modeling & Analysis from LSU Online will learn how to utilize geographic informational systems in order to accurately model spaces and reduce environmental risks. Graduates from this program will have a deep understanding of the problems facing the environment today and will be given the tools to make a change in the world through environmental improvements.
Flexible formats allow you to join the LSU community from anywhere.
Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Value Colleges.
Complete the certificate in as little as one year.
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Explore This Program
LSU Online offers several ways to help you pay for your degree including credit for prior learning (PLA), financial aid, and veteran education benefits. Learn more.
Total credit hours for program: 12
Cost per credit hour: $546
Total cost with fees $6,552
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for final program cost.
- ENVS 4113 - Multi-Media Chemical Risk Assessment | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 4149 - Design of Environmental Management Systems | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 7050 - Spatial Modeling | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 7700 - Integrated Environmental Issues | Credit Hours: 3
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with overall GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale. Applicants must have completed General Biology and General Chemistry. It is highly recommended applicants complete Statistics and Organic Chemistry.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores of at least 213 (computer), 550 (paper), or 79 (Internet), or IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- GRE scores are encouraged, but substitutions will be considered for exceptional applicants.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement expressing your interest in the program. In 500 words or less introduce yourself to the faculty, describe your professional and academic goals, and explain how you think our graduate certificate program fits your interests and goals.
- Conservation Scientist
- Environmental Engineer
What Will I Learn?
Students who earn an online certificate in environmental modeling and analysis will learn the necessary skills to address complex issues and reduce risk in the natural environment.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Characterization of the behavior and fate of anthropogenic chemicals in coastal and marine ecosystems; develop an understanding of model conceptualizing for the biological, chemical and physical processes and mathematical formulation of these processes
- Environmental systems planning at local, national and international levels; identification of system requirements and available resources; definition of constraints, establishment of evaluation criteria
- Development of an approach to analyze spatial and temporal processes for environmental data modeling
- Multidisciplinary analysis of a current environmental issue. Discussion of topics from the perspectives of natural science, economics, social science and political science
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU’s online Graduate Certificate in Environmental Modeling and Analysis?
This online certificate from LSU is ideal for students with engineering backgrounds who desire to use their skills in the growing environmental modeling field. Coursework prepares students to address challenges across the areas of sustainability, environment, and conservation. Classes are flexible and may be completed 100% online.