Get job-ready with the LSU Facebook Digital Marketing Certificate
Feb. 4, 2021
There were over 300,000 jobs posted for digital marketing roles in 2019, and this field is expected to grow faster than the average for other occupations. As companies are evolving to meet their customers and build their brand presence online, the need for digital marketing professionals will only continue to grow.
The digital marketing sector required many different skill sets including designing creative, building effective social media campaigns, and analyzing marketing data to inform decision making. Digital marketing's value isn’t only felt within large companies with extensive marketing teams. For entrepreneurs and small business owners, a digital marketing toolkit is essential to get (and keep) your business off the ground. To help students learn the critical skills necessary for these jobs, LSU Online & Continuing Education has partnered with Pathstream to offer the Facebook Digital Marketing Certificate.
What will I learn?
In this fully online program — developed in collaboration with Facebook -- students learn the skills and tools they need to be successful in entry-level jobs in this field. Using Pathstream’s custom online learning platform, students get hands-on practice using Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, and spreadsheets. Students complete projects that are based on real-world scenarios and can use those projects to build a portfolio to showcase their skills to future employers. Students who complete this program will learn how to create strong marketing campaigns and analyze ad campaigns.
Who is this certificate for?
This program lays the groundwork for people with no experience in digital marketing to learn the skills necessary to prepare for entry-level roles in digital marketing and social media marketing. If you’re an entrepreneur or small business owner, you can immediately apply the skills learned in this certificate to your own business.
How does this work?
There are two offerings:
Each certificate is delivered alongside a dedicated instructor that will provide individualized feedback in a self-paced learning environment.
What is the potential career outlook for this program?
This program prepares students for careers in digital marketing —specifically job titles such as Digital Marketing Specialist, Social Media Marketer, and Marketing Coordinator. After taking this certificate, students can:
There is no application process, so individuals can start the program the same day they enroll.
- Pursue an entry-level job or internship
- Apply their analytics skill-set to their current jobs or their own business
- Be confident in analyzing data across social media channels and reporting back to stakeholders on marketing efforts
- Pursue a promotion
What makes the LSU Facebook Digital Marketing Certificate unique?
- Interactive and lab-based - As a student, that means you will actually practice using various digital marketing platforms in real-life scenarios, not just watch videos about it. Throughout the program, you will complete labs and projects that mirror the challenges you’ll face on the job, preparing you for your new career.
- Accelerated and focused - This program teaches you what you need to know to succeed on the job because we know students need these skills fast. It’s a focused experience that includes the most critical information needed for success. The program can be taken at your own pace, is fully online, and is built for working professionals.
- Focused on what happens next - Sometimes, the hardest part of gaining new skills can be putting them to use. This program doesn’t end after you have completed your coursework. The resources focused on helping you get the new job or promotion you’re seeking are built into the experience. This is to make sure that you are able to actually translate your new skills into a better career.
Personalized to ensure your success - You’ll work with an instructor to answer the questions you have and get individual feedback on your projects. The course content is all online with no lectures to attend. However, you will still always have personalized support if you want it.
- Flexibility - You can choose to take both certificates, one bundle, or choose a course that will give you the specific skill set you’re looking for. For whichever path you choose, you’ll earn a digital badge co-branded with LSU Online & Continuing Education, and Facebook — a badge you can showcase to future employers.
Who teaches the certificate courses?
LSU Online & Continuing Education is proud to allow students to earn a valuable professional development certification like the Facebook Digital Marketing Certificate. LSU offers courses with experienced professionals that have worked in the industry for years. Courses were designed by tried-and-true professionals with years of experience, so students can gain the information that they need in order to succeed in their position.
Victor Canada is an instructor for the LSU Online & Continuing Education Facebook Digital Marketing Certificate program. Canada has over 25 years in business management and has delivered training and consulting in matters related to business and Information Technology for the U.S. Military, federal and state agencies, Fortune 500 companies, and a variety of organizations across several industries. He has held the Microsoft Solutions Framework Practitioner designation and certifications including Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer, Microsoft Certified Professional, Computing Technology Industry Association A+, and the American Society for Quality Certified Quality Improvement Associate.
“Digital marketing skills have proven to be essential for all types of organizations and industries,” said Canada. “These courses enable students to develop the skills needed to engage with your desired audience. The best part is the real-world application of your skills as part of the course. It's really an exciting experience."
Watch the recording of our recent informational webinar.
Learn more about the Facebook Digital Marketing Certificate.