Accelerate Your Career with the New Online MS in Finance from LSU
As the finance industry expands, there is a growing demand for highly qualified professionals who can navigate the complexities of modern finance. In response to this need, LSU is now offering an online Master of Science in Finance (MSF) program. This degree can open doors to highly satisfying finance positions in a broad range of industries and set you up for long-term career success.
If you’re interested in earning the skills to take advantage of the opportunities in this thriving field, read on to learn how the new online MS in Finance from LSU can help!
Why You Should Earn An Online Master of Science in Finance from LSU
This online degree offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers the essential areas of finance, including financial analysis, risk management, investment strategies, and more. The program ensures that you develop a deep understanding of financial concepts and gain the analytical skills necessary to excel in the finance industry. You can also earn at least one graduate certificate (in addition to your degree) simply by taking a standard course load.
Prepare for Industry Exams
Earning the skills needed for licensure and certification can also be essential for finance professionals. For example, employers often request a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification for many finance positions. Any employee involved in investment banking or selling securities products may require licensing from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and personal financial advisors may need various licenses depending on their specialization and the services they provide. In order to earn these certifications, graduates typically must take an industry exam.
The online master’s degree in finance from LSU offers a comprehensive and challenging curriculum that will help students prepare for assessments like these and more.
Flexible and Personalized Learning Experience
LSU takes pride in providing a personalized learning experience for their MSF students. Each student has unique interests and career goals, which is why this program allows you to tailor your education accordingly. Whether you want to focus on a specific area of finance or explore various aspects of the field, the flexible curriculum allows you to customize your learning journey using 12 hours of open electives. You can also complete the degree entirely online while balancing work, family, and other responsibilities.
LSU faculty members are experts in the field of finance and are dedicated to helping you succeed. They bring a wealth of industry experience and academic knowledge to the virtual classroom, ensuring you receive a high-quality education. Faculty members are accessible and committed to supporting your academic and professional growth.
Diverse Backgrounds Welcome
Since a diverse cohort enriches each student’s learning experience, the MSF program is open to learners from various educational backgrounds, including business, economics, engineering, and more. Whether you're looking to advance your existing career in finance or transition into the field from a different discipline, this program can provide the foundation you need.
Career Opportunities for a Master's Degree in Finance
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the job market for business and financial occupations will grow 7 percent from 2021 to 2031, creating around 715,100 new jobs over the next decade. Many careers within the field will grow at rates much faster than average. This growth is fueled by industry expansion and the need to replace workers retiring or permanently leaving their jobs.
With an online Master of Science in Finance degree, you can qualify for various job titles that are emerging in the field, including:
- Financial Analyst
- Wealth Manager
- Forensic Accountant
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Corporate Controller
The median annual wage for professionals in the finance industry was $76,570 in May 2021, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $45,760. The roles mentioned above and similar positions can offer promising career prospects and competitive salaries.
- For instance, in 2021, financial analysts earned a median annual salary of $95,570, with the highest 10% earning more than $166,560 per year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Wealth managers, also known as personal financial advisors, earned a median annual salary of $94,170, with the top 10% earning more than $208,000.
- Forensic accountants, specialized professionals who investigate financial crimes and fraud, earned a median annual salary of $77,250, with the top 10% earning more than $128,970.
- While specific salary figures vary, the average base salary for investment banking analysts is around $62,910, with the top 10% earning more than $205,440.
- Corporate controllers, responsible for overseeing a company's financial reporting and compliance, earn a median annual salary of $131,710, with the highest 10% earning more than $208,000.
- Actuaries, professionals who analyze and manage risk and uncertainty, earn a median annual salary of $105,900, with the top 10% earning more than $206,820.
These salaries demonstrate the potential for financial growth and stability in the field. Earning an online Master of Science in Finance from LSU can provide the skills for you to pursue these high-demand and well-compensated roles.
Achieve Your Career Dreams With LSU Online
If you're ready to move towards a lucrative career in finance, the online Master of Science in Finance from LSU is a valuable way to start. The comprehensive curriculum, flexible and personalized learning experience, and expert faculty will provide you with the necessary foundation to excel in the finance industry. Take the first step and explore the online MS in Finance today!
Ready to reach your goals?
Take the first step forward by completing the form and our enrollment team will contact you soon to discuss:
- What program meets your academic and career goals
- Financial aid options (employer funding, military benefits)
- Receiving credit for past education (transfer, professional development)
- The admissions process and timeline