Payment Options for Military
Use Military Education Benefits to Pay for College
LSU Online & Continuing Education is proud to service our Military Members, Veterans, and their dependents by accepting Military Education benefits. Whether you are a new or returning student, our goal is to provide high-quality and affordable programs that deliver in-demand skills. Please note that education benefit eligibility is determined by either the Department of Veterans Affairs or the respective military branch for active duty or reserve members.
Samples of Veterans Education Benefits Utilized by Current Students and Alumni:
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 31 – Veterans Readiness & Employment
- Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty
- Chapter 35 – Survivors’ and Dependents’ Assistance
- Louisiana Title 29 Dependents’ Educational Assistance
- Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill (Selected Reserve)
- Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance
In addition to accepting Military Education benefits, LSU offers a free Veterans Career Advantage course. This program is designed to help veterans translate a lifetime of development within a specific skill set to civilian employment. Course material focuses on developing a personal brand, resume building, networking, and translating military service accomplishments into clear, plain language. More information can be found here.
Veterans Seeking a Graduate or Undergraduate Degree
LSU Online & Continuing Education offers veterans accessible and affordable learning options in high-demand, workforce-relevant fields. If you want to use your benefits for an undergraduate, graduate degree, or graduate certificate through LSU Online, please contact an Enrollment Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 833-280-5634 to begin the application process. For more information on your military education benefits, please visit the LSU Veterans Affairs page.
Veterans Seeking a Professional Development or Online Distance Learning (ODL) Course
If you are a Veteran and would like to use your benefits towards a MicroCred® For College Credit Certificate, select non-credit Professional Development Programs, or Online Distance Learning courses, please contact an Enrollment Coach at email@example.com or 833-280-5634 to begin the registration process.
If you have never applied for VA Benefits, please visit the VA website's how to apply section to learn more.
Approved Non-Credit Professional Development Programs (for Veterans Education Benefit use):
- Business Project Management Certificate
- Certified Occupational Safety Specialist
- Certificate for Occupational Safety Managers
- Paralegal Studies Certificate
Approved MicroCred® for College Credit Certificate Programs (for Veterans Education Benefit use):
- Accounting Specialist Certificate
- Accounting: Advanced Topics Specialist Certificate
- Accounting: Fundamentals Specialist Certificate
- Auditing Specialist Certificate
- Behavioral Health Specialist Certificate
- Childhood Learning and Behavior Specialist Certificate
- Children's and YA Literature Certificate
- Construction Technology Management Specialist Certificate
- Intro to Construction Management Specialist Certificate
- Marketing Fundamentals Specialist Certificate
- Project Management in Residential Construction Specialist Certificate
- Technical Writing Certificate
LSU fulfilled something that was missing since I left the Army.