Online Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Gain Highly Valued Skills for Modern Marketers
The online B.S. in Marketing is offered through the AACSB-accredited LSU Shreveport College of Business and offers concentrations available in international business, hospitality and sales. This degree supplies you with the most in-demand marketing skills. Students will master the principles of marketing (personal selling, advertising, sales promotions, pricing, product research, design, distribution logistics, sponsorship marketing, point-of-sale communications, and brand-related publicity). Students can also expect to learn about general business topics like finance, economics, business law, and retail management. Graduates will be equipped for marketing careers across various industries.
Our flexible formats allow you to join the LSU community from anywhere.
LSU Shreveport ranked #4 in the country as Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degree by Best-Universities.net in 2022.
World-Class Customer Service
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Quality Learning Experiences
Our professors provide online students with the same individualized learning our on-campus students enjoy.
The jobs and workplace of tomorrow are going to be so dramatically different. One of the advantages here at LSUS is that we have woven, through the fabric of our university, the idea of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking, the ability to pivot and adapt, and the ability to quickly recognize and evaluate opportunities.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Marketing
Our B.S. in Marketing online program offers the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition to all U.S. residents.
Total credit hours per program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $301
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $9,015
Total cost with fees: $36,061*
Transfer credits may apply for up to 75% of degree requirements. LSUS requires at least 50% of transfer work be from four-year institutions. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine if and how any prior college credits earned will apply toward your degree.
*For further information about the approval for transfer credits and other requirements, please visit this site.
The total cost above does not include transfer credit or financial aid. Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listings Online Marketing
For your B.S. in Marketing online degree, you will complete 30 credit hours of core course work, 9 credit hours of Marketing Concentration courses, 6 credit hours of major electives, and 75 additional general education and elective credit hours.*
Your personal credit requirements could be less depending on transferable credits and credit earned from prior learning assessments.
Business Core Courses
Students must take the following courses (30 credit hours).
|Core Courses||Credit Hours|
|ACCT 205: Introductory Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 206: Introductory Managerial Accounting||3|
|BLAW 280: Legal Environment of Business||3|
|FIN 301: Managerial Finance||3|
|ISDS 265: Business Statistics||3|
|ISDS 350: Information Systems||3|
|ISDS 383: Decision Sciences and Operations Management||3|
|MADM 301: Principles of Management||3|
|MADM 480: Administrative Policy||3|
|MKT 301: Principles of Marketing||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||30|
Marketing Concentration Courses
Students must take the following courses (9 credit hours).
|MKT 310: Consumer Analysis and Behavior||3|
|MKT 401: Marketing Management||3|
|MKT 445: Marketing Research||3|
|Total Required Credit Hours||9|
Students must take 2 courses (6 credit hours) in MKT 300 or 400 level courses.
In addition to your program's outlined courses, you must satisfy the following course requirements (84 credit hours):
*Based on 120 credit hours needed for graduation. Your personal credit requirements could be less depending on transferable credits and credit earned from prior learning assessments.
Admission Requirements Online Marketing
The admission process is the first step toward earning your degree and achieving your personal goals. We’ve streamlined the process to help you get started quickly and easily. LSUS offers multiple options to qualify for admission to undergraduate programs. Please find the option below that matches your admission type.
- Completion or on track to complete the Board of Regents High School Core curriculum
- 2.0 cumulative High School GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- An ACT English sub-score greater than or equal to an 18 (SAT Critical Reading 450) AND an ACT Math sub-score greater than or equal to a 19 (SAT Math 460)
- Cumulative CORE curriculum GPA of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) OR An ACT composite score of at least 20 or an SAT combined Critical Reading and Math score of 940
- Meet the in-state student requirements
- Completion of at least 17 of the 19 units of the Louisiana Board of Regents High School Core Curriculum
- 2.0 cumulative High School GPA (on 4.0 scale)
- ACT composite score of at least 20 OR an SAT combined Critical Reading and Math score of 940, with ACT sub-scores
- ACT composite score of at least 23 or an SAT combined Critical Reading and Math score of 1050 AND ATC subscores of at least 18 in English and 19 in Math (or SAT equivalents)
Age 25 and Older
- Must have high school transcripts or proof of high school graduation sent to the Admissions Office but not required to meet the Board of Regents' minimum admission criteria for first-time freshmen.
- Must meet the standardized test score requirements set for traditional first-time freshmen. This is determined by ACT, SAT, COMPASS, or placement tests.
Note: If the math ACT/SAT sub-score is met and the English sub-score is within three points of the needed sub-score and all of the above requirements are met, a student could be admissible to LSUS. Additionally, if the English sub-score is met and the Math sub-score is within three points of the required sub-score the student could be admissible.
- Earned at least 18 college-level academic hours.
- Be eligible to return to the institution from which he or she is transferring
- 2.0 GPA on all college-level course work attempted
- Completed a college-level English and a college-level mathematics course with at least a "C" grade
- Students with less than 18 college-level academic hours must meet all other transfer requirements and admission standards for a first-time freshman.
Note: Applicants are required to submit all transcripts to the LSUS Admissions Office for an admissions decision. The LSUS Registrar's Office will review all transcripts and determine the LSUS Equivalency. The LSUS Academic Department determines which credits apply to the degree.
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to email@example.com.
Career Opportunities Online Marketing
- Marketing Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Retail Manager
- Marketing Assistant
- Event Planner
- Market Research Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Media Planner
- Public Rrelations Director
- Social Media Manager
- Sales Manager
Accreditation Online Marketing
The College of Business at Louisiana State University Shreveport is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5 percent of all business schools worldwide meet AACSB International's demanding standards.
What Will I Learn? Online Marketing
Students enrolled in our program will gain a broad base of skills that will strengthen their business, finance, and marketing abilities. This program will help prepare you for a variety of careers, including product and brand management, marketing research, sales, retail management, business analytics, and more.
In this online bachelor’s program, students will learn to apply:
- Principles of marketing including personal selling, advertising, sales promotions, sponsorship marketing, point-of-sale communications, brand-related publicity, situational analysis, product pricing, marketing communications, and distribution/logistics decision-making
- Quantitative ins and outs of the business world like finance, economics, and business law