LSU Online Continues Student Growth, Expands Degree Offerings
BATON ROUGE - LSU is continuing a two-year growth trajectory in enrollments and program offerings for fully online degrees through LSU Online & Continuing Education. The most recent 45 percent growth rate is reflective of the department’s mission to deliver high-quality programs with academic rigor and dedicated student support. These programs are online by design, meaning the courses undergo a robust design and development process to maximize a student’s experience in the virtual classroom.
In keeping with this mission, LSU is pleased to announce the launch of eight new fully online programs from the Baton Rouge A&M campus. LSU Online & Continuing Education now offers more than 80 online degrees, certificates and MicroCred programs across a range of high-demand fields. By expanding online offerings, students can earn an LSU degree–learning from the same faculty teaching the on-campus courses–from anywhere in the world.
The new programs include:
- Online Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Online Master of Library & Information Science
- Online Master of Science in Sport Management
- Online Graduate Certificate in Archival Studies
- Online Graduate Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences
- Online Graduate Certificate in Records & Information Management
- Online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Decision Sciences, or ISDS
- Online Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration
"We are excited to launch our online B.S. in Sport Administration to further provide LSU students the opportunity to earn this degree in a flexible format,” said Michael Martinez, LSU School of Kinesiology assistant professor. “Students pursuing this degree will be exposed to relevant topics and trends to the management and administration of the sport industry."
Students who enroll in any of these degree programs can expect world-class customer service from a dedicated concierge starting on day one. The concierge provides one-on-one support during the application process, assistance with registering for classes and encouragement throughout a student’s academic journey. This personalized support empowers students to focus on earning their degree.
Curious about online courses? Individuals new to online learning can try out a course at no cost through our Geaux for Free courses. The free mini-courses provide a sneak preview of online education from MicroCred to degree programs.
Ready to reach your goals?
Take the first step forward by completing the form and our enrollment team will contact you soon to discuss:
- What program meets your academic and career goals
- Financial aid options (employer funding, military benefits)
- Receiving credit for past education (transfer, professional development)
- The admissions process and timeline