Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in Entrepreneurship
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Start-Up your Future with Focus
The online BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Entrepreneurship is offered through LSU Alexandria. As one of the most affordable undergraduate business programs in the country, this degree is designed to teach, coach, and inspire students to start a business, be productive members of an entrepreneurial business, and become effective managers in a growing business. This concentration covers a variety of topics, including marketing, financing and operational skills. Courses are taught by the same expert faculty who teach on campus, including a project course. This key course allows for a deeper dive into the development of a business plan, using the reputable standard “Business Model Canvas” approach to achieve a strong start-up strategy. Graduates will be well-positioned to begin careers as a start-up business leader, a business consultant, nonprofit development representative, sales manager, and more in a variety of fields.
Learn from the same award-winning faculty that teach on-campus courses.
This program meets rigorous set by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
LSUA ranked #3 on Best-Universities.net's list of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees for 2022.
Receive dedicated coach support from application to graduation.
Explore This Program
Cost Online Business Administration: Entrepreneurship
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. For this program, you are able to transfer up to 90 credits.
Total credit hours for program: 120 credit hours
Cost per credit hour (with fees): $291
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $8,730
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits and no financial aid: $34,920
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online Business Administration: Entrepreneurship
The BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Entrepreneurship requires 120 credits to earn your degree with # open electives.
General Education Courses (39 Credit Hours)
|ENGL 1001: English Composition||3|
|ENGL 1002: English Composition II||3|
|General Education Social Sciences||6|
|MATH 1021: College Algebra||3|
|MATH 2011: General Statistics||3|
|General Education Natural Sciences *||9|
|CMST 2060: Public Speaking||3|
|General Education History||3|
|General Education Humanities||3|
|General Education Fine Arts||3|
*Students must take either six hours of biology and three hours of physical science OR six hours of physical science (in a single discipline) and three hours of biology.
Foundation Courses (18 Credit Hours)
|ACCT 2001: Financial Accounting||3|
|BUSN 1001: Introduction to Business||3|
|CMIS 1150: Personal Productivity Using IT Tools||3|
|ECON 2010: Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|MGMT 3200: Principles of Management||3|
|MKTG 3401: Principles of Marketing||3|
Major Requirements (27 Credit Hours)
|ACCT 2101: Managerial Accounting||3|
|BLAW 3201: Business Law I||3|
|CMIS 2100: Fundamentals of Information Systems||3|
|ECON 2020: Principles of Microeconomics
|ECON 3035: Money and Banking
|FINC 3715: Business Finance
|MGMT 3211: Business and Society
|MKTG 4420: Multinational Management
|MGMT 4830: Business Policy
Concentration Requirements (24 Credit Hours - choose from the below)
|ENTR 3001: Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship||3|
|ENTR 4001: Entrepreneurship Project||3|
|MGMT 3320: Human Resource Management||3|
|MKTG 3411: Consumer Analysis and Behavior
|MKTG 3430: Advertising
|MKTG 4423: Sales Management
|MKTG 4451: Marketing Management
|MKTG 4113: Small Business Management
Additional Requirements (12 Credit Hours)
|ENGL 2002: Professional Writing OR ENGL 3002: Technical Writing||3|
|MATH 1431: Calculus of Business Economics Application||3|
Admission Requirements Online Business Administration: Entrepreneurship
For university acceptance, first-time freshman must meet the following criteria:
- Complete high school Core curriculum for college readiness in place at time of high school graduation
- Not be required to take more than one developmental course
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 2.0
- Meet one of the following:
- Have an ACT composite of 20 or higher
- Have a high school Core grade point average of at least 2.0
Transfer students to LSUA must meet one of the following sets of criteria:
- Have earned a transferable associate degree or higher
- Have earned at least 18 hours of college-level credit, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- Have earned at least 12 hours of college-level credit from LSUE or CLTCC Bridge Program, including a college-level English and college-level mathematics course, with a grade of “C” or higher in each, and an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- If the above are not met, meet freshman admission requirements and be in good standing with their previous institution
Career Opportunities Online Business Administration: Entrepreneurship
- Start-up Leader
- Business Consultant
- Sales Manager
- Research and Development Manager
- Nonprofit Fundraiser
- Finance Manager
- Real Estate Broker
- Marketing Manager
Accreditation Online Business Administration: Entrepreneurship
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
What Will I Learn? Online Business Administration: Entrepreneurship
Students who graduate with an online degree in business administration - entrepreneurship will be prepared to start or run businesses.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Principles and methods of accounting primarily concerned with data gathering and presentation for purposes of internal management evaluation and decision-making
- An overview of the operation of the business firm and acquaint the student with phases of business organizations and operations and guide them in their occupational choice
- An introductory study of the nature of economics, economic concepts and problems, economic system, and the role of government
- Social roles of an organization whose primary function is the accumulation of profits; emphasis on current issues; historical development of business-society relationships
- An exploration of the process of starting a new business. Students will learn how to identify, assess, and develop a business plan and learn how to identify and evaluate business opportunities
Why Choose This Program? Online Business Administration: Entrepreneurship
Why choose LSUA’s online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in Entrepreneurship?
This affordable degree program is flexible, convenient, and designed for online learning. Students will be able to virtually connect with a global network while still earning the same diploma as on-campus LSUA graduates. Additionally, students will receive instruction from faculty who are experts in the field.