Online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Facilities Management
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Coordinate Workplace and Workforce Assets
Every business, company, and organization requires physical assets for daily operations, and those physical assets must be maintained, organized, and managed in a way that optimizes business operations. Businesses across industries are in need of professionals with knowledge of how to effectively and strategically coordinate the physical workplace with the people and work of the organization. With the online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Facilities Management program from LSU, students will learn how to manage business environments through health and safety, security, continuity planning, and space allocation to ensure a cooperative and cost-effective environment for occupants to function.
Certain credits can apply toward the online MS in Construction Management.
Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Value Colleges.
Complete the certificate in as little as one year.
Learn from Certified Online Faculty that are Experts and Leaders within The Construction Management Field.
Explore This Program
Total credit hours per program: 18 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $326
Total cost with fees: $5,868
LSU Online offers several ways to help you pay for your degree including credit for prior learning (PLA), financial aid, and veteran education benefits. Learn More.
The total cost above does not include transfer credit or financial aid. Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
- CM 3200 Building Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Systems Industrial Electrical Installations | Credit Hours: 3
- CM 4210 Construction Contracting | Credit Hours: 3
- CM 4116 Professional Trends in Facility Management | Credit Hours: 3
- CM 4117 Human and Environmental Factors | Credit Hours: 3
- CM 4118 Building Energy Performance Audits | Credit Hours: 3
- CM 4119 Financial Analysis for Facility Management | Credit Hours: 3
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Facilities Program Analyst
- Space & Facility Management Specialist
- Facilities Management Executive
- Strategic Site Planner
- Facility Coordinator/Supervisor
- Facilities Strategic Planner
- Field Operations Manager
What Will I Learn?
Students who graduate with an online certificate in facilities management will gain the skills necessary to support an infrastructure’s functionality, safety, and sustainability.
Topics covered in this certificate include:
- Principles and theory of construction company ownership and organization, the estimate and bid process, construction contracts, bonds, insurance, business methods and plans, management, administration, labor law and relations, safety, and avoidance of claims
- Organizational, managerial, ethical and legal principles for the delivery of facility management services in the industrial setting
- Developing and implementing industry practices that promote and protect health, safety, and security, the quality of work life, the environment and organizational effectiveness
- Building energy use profile, obstacles and opportunities for efficiency improvement, energy efficiency standards, energy audit, methods for estimating energy savings, energy retrofits, challenges and opportunities, and intelligent building systems
- Facilities investment decisions; budget development and execution; taxation; control of expenditures; and operational and long-term planning of industrial facilities and the facility management unit
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU’s online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Facilities Management?
This online certificate is ideal for students who desire an extra certification to help them move their construction careers forward. In general, you only need six classes to complete the online certificate in facilities management from LSU. However, if you have a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Construction Management, only four classes are required. You can earn this additional certificate and advance your career with less time and money! Additionally, certain credits can be used toward the online MS in Construction Management.