Online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Certified Public Accountants are the trusted financial experts that lead the field of accounting and act as financial consultants. Earn the credits necessary to take the CPA exam* and earn valuable accounting knowledge with the online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting from LSU Alexandria. Graduates from this program will have a thorough knowledge of taxes, financial accounting, auditing, and business law, all while being taught by professionals–including CPAs. LSUA's online programs provide you the opportunity to synchronously interact with instructors (in real-time) via video conferencing and other technologies in a flexible format that fits your busy schedule. These sessions also allow engagement with course content and build a community among our online students.
This program meets the Louisiana State Board of Accountancy’s educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
*Students from outside Louisiana who plan to sit for the CPA exam should check with the State Board of Accountancy in the state they plan to take the CPA Exam for educational requirements of that state OR should review the requirements posted on the Licensure Disclosure chart for the Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting in the LSUA catalog.
This program meets rigorous standards set by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Receive continuous support from a dedicated Student Success Coach from application to graduation.
Our graduates are prepared to pass the CPA examination with confidence. Students who plan to sit for the CPA exam should review the educational requirements of their State Board of CPAs.
Earn the credit hours you need for CPA licensure at an affordable cost.
Explore This Program
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $325
Total cost with fees and maximum amount of credits allowed to transfer into the program: $2,600
Total cost with fees: $9,750
Cost may be reduced if transfer courses apply.
The total cost above does not include transfer credit or financial aid. Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
- ACCT 3020 - Intermediate Accounting I | 3 Credit Hours
- ACCT 3021 - Intermediate Accounting II | 3 Credit Hours
- ACCT 3121 - Cost Accounting | 3 Credit Hours
- ACCT 3221 - Tax Accounting I | 3 Credit Hours
- ACCT 4022 - Advanced Accounting | 3 Credit Hours
- ACCT 4100 - Financial Reporting and Analysis | 3 Credit Hours
- ACCT 4123 - Auditing | 3 Credit Hours
- ACCT 4221 - Tax Accounting II | 3 Credit Hours
- BLAW 3201 - Business Law I | 3 Credit Hours
- BLAW 3202 - Business Law II | 3 Credit Hours
In addition to meeting all requirements for admission to the university, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent discipline (which would include finance, marketing, management) from a regionally-accredited university with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Financial Analyst
- Internal or External Auditor
- Tax Analyst
What Will I Learn?
Students who earn an online certificate in accounting will gain the knowledge and education necessary to take the CPA exam.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will be able to prepare financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Graduates will be able to identify appropriate managerial and business issues essential to analyzing accounting data
- Graduates will be able to analyze auditing standards and acceptable practices in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Graduates will be able to examine topics important to the taxation of individuals and business entities
- Graduates will be able to examine ethical issues significant to the accounting profession
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU’s online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting?
This affordable online certificate in accounting provides students with a solid foundation in the field. Graduates of the program will be prepared to sit for the CPA exam in Louisiana. Additionally, LSUA’s online format offers learners the chance to take classes when and where it is convenient for them.