Moodle Upgrade Coming Dec 14 and 19!
Nov. 15, 2023
We are excited to announce the following Moodle upgrades:
- On Wednesday, December 13, starting at 4:00 p.m. CST, LSU Online & Continuing Education will be upgrading the LSU Moodle, LSU Eunice Moodle, LSU AgCenter Moodle, and LSU Lab School Moodle sites from Moodle version 3.9 to version 4.1.
- On Tuesday, December 19, starting at 8:00 a.m. CST, we will upgrade the LSU Continuing Education Moodle site from Moodle version 3.9 to version 4.1.
All Moodle courses and course-related work in these sites will be unavailable for up to 24 hours during these times.
While this upgrade will have little effect on the appearance and user experience in Moodle, it will introduce a few exciting new features. These will include:
- Content change notification: Activities now have an option to send a notification when any new updates or modifications are made to that activity. This may include editing instructions, changing dates, or any other settings updates.
- Timed assignments: Assignments can now have time limits, similar to quizzes. This can be applied to assignments that require either file upload or text entry.
- Enhanced question bank: The question bank will now allow instructors to mark questions as "draft," add comments, view version history, see where a question is used in the course, determine when it was last used, and more.
- Turnitin integration: In addition to the standalone Turnitin activity, you will now have seamless access to Turnitin's Similarity Report within Moodle Assignments, Workshops, Forums, and Quizzes. This includes their advanced AI plagiarism detector.
If you have any questions about the upgrade or Moodle in general, please contact the Faculty Technology Center at email@example.com or (225) 578-3375 option 2.